Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hurst Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hurst Shifter

Guys, I have a hurst shifter that came on my tranny when I purchased the car. It is gold in color with HURST on the top, but with it in the car I can't find a part number to see what model (stock, billet, etc.) this is. Is there a way to identify these shifters, where are the part numbers on these things. I do know it has the small **** threads on the stick, of course I don't measure and order a UMI short stick for a stock **** and mine isn't stock. So gotta send that back and get the right one. Trying to get a quicker shift, keep hitting my rev limiter when this thing starts wasting the drag radials in second and third, 700 hp is a sick rush
Old 03-09-2011, 09:38 PM
12 Second Club

The Hurst billet plus is gold anodized and has adjustable stops. I have a factory Hurst packed up in my garage but I forgot exactly what it looked like. Just do a search on factory Hurst, there are some pictures floating out there.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Teching In

This one is gold anodized and also has adjustable stops top and bottom, maybe I have the billet model. Guys let me know if someone knows how to ID these and anybody with a UMI short stick for the small **** that needs to trade for the same with the large threads?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Hurst Billet Plus
Old 03-09-2011, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

the factory hurst doesn't say hurst on it..so you have the billet
Old 03-10-2011, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do get the UMI stick for the Billet, I guarantee you'll be please. It takes some getting used to, but I use the same setup and I love it.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys for the replies, looks like I might have got lucky and have the billet. What threw me off was the stick. It is a flat chrome stick with Hurst on it and it's definitely not short as compared to this UMI. I kinda got suspicious when reading the UMI directions about loosening the bolts from the "right" side of the stock shifter and the hurst is located on the "left" side when I took the boot off. Now I gotta get the right UMI stick for my 12mm hurst ****!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The billet can also come with a chrome stick that is a bit different from the black one. It's something you specify when you buy it. The black stick will accept the factory ****, but the chrome comes with its own ****.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

I have the chrome stick, it will accept the threads that come in the Hurst T handle if that helps. I'm using and old Hurst white ball that came from a Hurst compition plus 4 speed linkage. the guy at the oil change place ask why I put a 4-speed in it.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Hey guys, seeing a sale on E-bay for a Hurst short stick, looks just like the one I have, with the flat sides, but is 6" long rather than 8" long. Says it will bolt right up to the billet plus. Guy says there are two different Hurst bases, slanted and straight. My current stick if definitely straight from top to bottom. Does this reference the stub on the shifter, meaning it is straight up and down and then possibly slanted in the other model?
Old 03-11-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

I left the full size black **** on my hurst billet when i upgraded from factory(non hurst+LSS), and I actually prefer it to the short stick. Odd.

Quick Reply: Hurst Shifter