Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

NO CLUTCH PEDAL!! :-0~#&*%&x#&!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO CLUTCH PEDAL!! :-0~#&*%&x#&!!

2000 t/a ws6 6 spd manual. Just installed new mcleod clutch system and cant get pedal to pump up. We bled down and out thru the bleeder,we used the myty vac and reverse bled it up thru the master cylinder (both master and slave replaced) plus took tranny in and out twice, "just to ck". There can be no air left in system,none!!! We measured the oem tob with the one from mcleod and one from advanced auto. The oem and replacemnt were 1/16" taller so back in goes the advanced auto tob,still no pedal. Can there be a depth/thickness issue with flywheel, clutch assembly?
4 guys with 100 years exp trying for 4 days to fix this,somebodies gonna die !!! Please help, thank you.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you replace the clutch at all? What clutch /fw? What master cylinder?

See--- https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...need-shim.html

Sounds to me like there could possibly be a bad seal in the MC, letting the pressure past the piston?
Old 07-12-2011, 02:58 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

If you reverse bled it, the air should be out in theory.

When you next pull the trans., you need to follow the shim method above so the starting point for the TO brg. is properly distanced from the PP fingers.

If that doesn't do it, it's time to get the specs from McLeod on your clutch's pressure plate requirements for release and measure/ take pictures of things to further research it.

BTW, once it's back together, here's how I bleed to assure air is out:
JMD method
Old 07-13-2011, 03:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with the guys above.

If you've bled the system properly and have measured for a shim and the unit is setup correctly then there is another issue.

Get on the phone with the guys at McLeod, they'll go over things with you and will help you out I'm sure.

Quick Reply: NO CLUTCH PEDAL!! :-0~#&*%&x#&!!