Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Textralia in, Pedal feel? Possible bleeding issues?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Textralia in, Pedal feel? Possible bleeding issues?

Ok, finished up my Textralia install yesterday. All went well on the install, and clutch seems to be working well. Much more slippable (if thats a word) then the on/off switch spec 3 ever was, and almost no chatter. Also noticed how with the clutch out and trans in neutral, there's no rattling like the spec did, or my '03 5 spd Blazer does. Very nice!

I think I did bust the reverse lock out solenoid though at some point

However I think I'm having hydraulic issues. When I attached the new slave during the install, I let it drip drop gravity bleed for about 2 hours, flushing out all the old fluid til I could see clear fluid, didn't let the master run dry, closed the bleeder, then buttoned it up. When I took it out yesterday, the clutch pedal was soft - like econocar soft, even after pumping it a bit. I bought a mitivac today and spent 2 hours bleeding it though the master resevoir, and pulled vacuum, cycled it, pumped the clutch, and after 2 hours it seemed like no more bubbles were coming out. It feels firmer then yesterday, but I still don't think its firm enough. It felt better when I took it out, didn't feel too notchy but I could really only shift around 3k since I'm breaking in the clutch. But when I jumped in the blazer to move it around, the stock clutch on that truck felt ALOT heavier then what I just felt in the T/A. And I kind of remember the spec 3 feeling a bit heavier than the blazer. I'm going to let it sit over night and try again tomorrow after work. I used just a generic DOT 3 brake fluid, could it be the fluid by any chance?

So you other Textralia guys, how does the pedal feel? Esp. compared to a spec 3 if you had one?
Old 07-12-2005, 07:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My textralia rattles in neutral with the clutch out.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

my pedal is extremely soft as well, but it engages/disengages well
Old 07-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ez98ls1
My textralia rattles in neutral with the clutch out.
who installed it?
Old 07-13-2005, 11:01 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Textralia feels about like a stock clutch. If its softer than that I would suspect you may still have bleeding issues.

I haven't heard of any Textralia clutches rattling. Are you sure something on the car isn't loose? Contact Jeff or Pete to make sure there isn't an issue.

The only other issue I'm aware of is a couple of clutches went out and the PP vendor supplied a plate that was 1/8" to big. It hits on the washers That would be the only possible issue I'm aware of.

Like I said, contact them if you suspect you are having any sort of issue. Their main goal is 100% customer satisfaction.

Last edited by J-Rod; 07-13-2005 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Since the thread popped up, I'll update.

I bled it for a couple hours with the Mityvac Monday and yesterday. Pedal feels better, more firm. It still feels somewhat soft but its been so long since I've driven a stock clutch car I can't say if its softer than stock. I'll probably give it a few more days and bleed some more. Other than that clutch is working well, a hint of chatter at take off but still a stock like feel, and not an on/off switch. Only has about 30 miles on it yet. No complaints thus far, very happy with it!
Old 07-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Launching!

I have had a reputable shop take the whole clutch apart and found nothing. They didn't even hear the rattle I was talking about. I think my bearing was never changed the first time I had it installed.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NHRATA01
Since the thread popped up, I'll update.

I bled it for a couple hours with the Mityvac Monday and yesterday. Pedal feels better, more firm. It still feels somewhat soft but its been so long since I've driven a stock clutch car I can't say if its softer than stock. I'll probably give it a few more days and bleed some more. Other than that clutch is working well, a hint of chatter at take off but still a stock like feel, and not an on/off switch. Only has about 30 miles on it yet. No complaints thus far, very happy with it!
I have/had a Ram 910 with mcleod and the pedal pressure is insanely stiff. I felt a friend's car with Spec 3 and I was like "is your pedal pressure okay?" I just forgot what stock pedal pressure felt like. So yeah your pedal pressure is probably fine...