Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hydraulic issue? Pedal stays on the floor.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 01:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hydraulic issue? Pedal stays on the floor.

I installed the Textrailia clutch, and had the transmission rebuilt. The clutch grabs perfect, the car goes in gear with ease, but when I try to speed shift it while leaving my foot on the gas the trans. will go into gear, but the pedal will stay on the floor till I pop it into neutral. If I wait about .5 sec between shift, it works great, but only when I try to speed shift the pedal stays on the floor. I know what a slipping clutch feels like, and its not the clutch, like I said it grabs great. I didn't do the drill mod on the master cylinder, cause its a newer one and I didn't feel it was nessessary. Am I wrong, and could that be the problem? The tranny never grinds, and shift great at hard acceleration, but only when I speed shift does it do this. Mainly 3rd gear, and 1-2 times in 2nd gear.

Thanks.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check with Jeff from Textralia. He's on this site, and can prob help figure this out. Install may not have got all the air out when bleeding, as most everything is upgraded in the Aussie package, except master.
Robert
Old 08-03-2005, 11:42 PM
10 Second Club

Hay captain I'm having the exact same problem so I took the master out and drilled it tonight. Now I'm having problems trying to bleed it. I filled the rezi up and opened the valve at the end of the line and just let it run for awhile, until I saw clean fluid. Then reconnected the line into the slave.
Now it has NO presure or peddle at all. So I bled it by using the bleeder valve. But I think I might have done it wrong. I'll give it another shot tomarrow.

I REALLY think you should have drilled it. It only makes sense, It was'nt designed to be speed shifted like that or they would have made the dum hole bigger in the first place.
My new 01-02 stuff worked fine last year when I had the spec put in it. Now not so good. Hope you get it fixxed soon.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Normally if you have air in there pedal is mushy or you won't get gears.
Pedal sticking to floor if no air in there is usually a slave problem.Not much else in the clutch system. Master or slave .I sure wish stupid gm would have put slave external like lt1 and lots of other cars like my dsms. Much easier to swap out. Stupid engineer who put it inside tranny should be shot.!!!

I have problems getting gears with my cartech but pretty sure it was air in the lines. Thought it was my adjustable master but it was fine. Kept bleeding it and would get gears and then get air in there again. Think slave bleeder was open a bit. Messed with that and somehow dropped bleeder screw into trans. Then got another bleeder screw and dropped it in tranny..ARGHH!!!

Now dropping tranny and was thinking of getting textalia since my cartech forces me to use adjustable masters and not having great luck with them.

I really hope if I spend the bucks on the textralia my problems are over!!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Textralia cured all my problems, and they use the stock GM hydraulics. Yes air in any system cause problems, but so many think thats the only problem (on stock). No drill mod is nessacary on the newer systems, Textralia says not needed, and f-body and Z06 use the same GM slave. I am going to post my findings when I get the time.
Robert
Old 08-04-2005, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

I talked to Jeff today, and he gave me a few ideas to try out. One of them was to do the drill mod, the other is to remove the clutch pedal spring. He also recommend that I wrap the hydraulic lines with heat tape, and maybe use dot 4 in the system. I would think the combination of those things would help me. The bad part about all this is, from it hitting the rev limiter at 7k I broke a lifter, and now I have my drivers side head off. Its an easy fix, its just frustrating cause if I had known it could have been avoided.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Dam B, Breaking ****! I drilled mine and bled it and now it feels the same(mushy). I think I need to have someone bleed it with a mity-vac. I did put dot4 fluid in it but I did'nt wrap the line. I could'nt find any header wrap near by. I drove it today and it drives fine but I don't know about dragging it at the track. Get your **** back together man.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:03 AM
10 Second Club

It'll be fixed by Sunday. I have a race on August 20th, and it needs ot be ready by then. I'll then put the clutch to the test with 6k launches on 175 shot.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

I used Valvoline Synpower Synthetic which has a higher boiling than dot 3 or 4. It is compatable with both 3 and 4. Not as good as dot 5, but you don't have to flush system out to use.
Robert
Old 08-05-2005, 03:31 AM
10 Second Club

I used the same break fluid. It's in their now. We'll see how it does.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:35 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by (JRracing 24
Dam B, Breaking ****! I drilled mine and bled it and now it feels the same(mushy). I think I need to have someone bleed it with a mity-vac. I did put dot4 fluid in it but I did'nt wrap the line. I could'nt find any header wrap near by. I drove it today and it drives fine but I don't know about dragging it at the track. Get your **** back together man.

O'boy be careful my freind take it easy on the 1st one and eaze into it.

Last edited by JRracing; 08-05-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:39 AM
On The Tree

What exactly does the drill mod do and how does it work? I have Spec3 clutch on my trans am, and the clutch dosnt pop back up sometimes. Could the drill mod solve the problem?
let me know thanks
Old 08-05-2005, 10:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSShushu
What exactly does the drill mod do and how does it work? I have Spec3 clutch on my trans am, and the clutch dosnt pop back up sometimes. Could the drill mod solve the problem?
let me know thanks
Ya do a drill mod search it's very common. It also needs to be bled very well.
The hardest part is getting the master out of the car.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by (JRracing 24
Ya do a drill mod search it's very common. It also needs to be bled very well.
The hardest part is getting the master out of the car.
You need to drop the tranny to get the master out from the car to do the drill mod right?.....
Old 08-07-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No you do need to take out master and disconnect line from tranny. Then reinstall master. Its a pain in butt to do and much simpler when you are doing your clutch or changing your master.