Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

just installed pro 5.0... some questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 05:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default just installed pro 5.0... some questions

well its in and i drove it and liked it a lot, yet im not sure what i am supposed to feel while shifting. is it supposed to be smooth when shifting or is it kinda like it takes some slight pressure to get it in. also is it possible for someone to take some pics of the stops set in place w/ their shifter in second gear. thanks a bunch guys - matt
Old 10-19-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Regular

btw: there is no grinding or bad noises it just feels wierd
Old 10-19-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought my car from someone and they had the Pro 5.0 in it, and I hated it. Everyday driving, it sucks. You need force to get it in gear, and its very loud. Shifting is loud also, metal to metal. So, what u descibed sounds normal. I just didnt like it, put a hurst in and its great.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

I just installed my Pro 5.0 a couple weeks ago. It goes into gears alot easier than my stock hurst shifter. Its also alot smoother. I set my stopps about a 1mm from my shifter in first and second gear, and it feels good. Also I did not notice any difference in it being any louder.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

mines loud as **** but its very precise. only missed one gear and thats because i got a little jumpy. mine has some hesitation depending on how hot the car is. when it warms up its a bit tougher to get in gear. i really like it except for the noise.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

...STOCK HURST---LOVE IT....
Old 10-21-2005, 08:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nikeair042
I bought my car from someone and they had the Pro 5.0 in it, and I hated it. Everyday driving, it sucks. You need force to get it in gear, and its very loud. Shifting is loud also, metal to metal. So, what u descibed sounds normal. I just didnt like it, put a hurst in and its great.

I love mine, I beat the hell out of it. The Hursts are a stock shifter with a different ****.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:07 AM
TECH Regular

well after last night i dont think anything is wrong at all. i got on the car and decided it was a good time to try to do some real shifting. that bitch is solid. quick shifts and very precise. i think it was just the metal to metal sounding noise and the fact i was not used to it that threw me off.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:24 AM
TECH Regular

Mine actually does into gear a little easier, plus I like the slant of the stick to the driver. I don't notice any additional noise either. I drove it around for a while without the center console just in case I needed to adjust anything - now that's loud. I don't miss the stock at all.....
Old 10-23-2005, 01:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
mines loud as **** but its very precise. only missed one gear and thats because i got a little jumpy. mine has some hesitation depending on how hot the car is. when it warms up its a bit tougher to get in gear. i really like it except for the noise.
That has to do with the tranny, my friend, not with the shifter. You actually might want to try tucking the hydraulic clutch line (the part that comes from the master to the tranny) behind some heat shielding. It could be that when your engine gets hot it heads the fluid which decreases the pressure in the line (aka make it harder to get into gear b/c it's not fully disengaging). Same thing was happening to me so I tucked it and it's much better now when the engine gets hot.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:12 AM
TECH Resident

I love my 5.0 - beats the hell outta the stock shifter... IMO