Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mcleod clutch, what do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mcleod clutch, what do I need?

I have a stock master and slave cylinder? On a 02 T/A. Do they need to be upgraded for the Mcleod twin disc clutch?
Old 11-29-2005, 10:01 PM
wrencher

I would definately say a McLeod master is needed for the twin disc.
It is not a diaphram spring pressure plate. It's a coil spring/lever style pressure plate for the twin's. They are suppost to require the special master.
I have the set up love it. Had to rebuild the master, but now it is like a switch on/off.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:59 PM
TECH Regular

can you elaborate on this a little more? Ever since you rebuilt the master your clutch has been an on/off switch?
Old 11-30-2005, 08:10 AM
wrencher

Well Mcleod/CNC masters are known to be problematic in the out of box form. Rebuilding them seems to be the cure. (search here)
Now mine is like a switch it releases in such a short amount of pedal travel, it takes a little getting used to. I drive it on the street & lauch it 5K+ w/slicks at the track, the clutch has been good to me.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by wrencher
Well Mcleod/CNC masters are known to be problematic in the out of box form. Rebuilding them seems to be the cure. (search here)
Now mine is like a switch it releases in such a short amount of pedal travel, it takes a little getting used to. I drive it on the street & lauch it 5K+ w/slicks at the track, the clutch has been good to me.
how many miles do you have on it? and how many miles of breaking in did you do? overall are you happy with it?
Old 11-30-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by wrencher

Where did you get your rebuild kit? I found it somewhere before, but now that I'm actually ready to do it, I cannot find the site. I think Red mentioned it was like $28. from him but cheaper from his vendors. So I called every vendor that sells ST's and no one has a rebuild kit.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 11-30-2005, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by FRDnemesis
Where did you get your rebuild kit? I found it somewhere before, but now that I'm actually ready to do it, I cannot find the site. I think Red mentioned it was like $28. from him but cheaper from his vendors. So I called every vendor that sells ST's and no one has a rebuild kit.

Thanks,
Jeff
here you go
http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=3&pcid=266
Old 11-30-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have been running a Mcleod single disk for ever and have a mcleod adjustable master cylinder with over 75K miles on it and it works perfectly, never had a single problem with it. I've raced it on slicks with 6K+ clutch dumps and a ton of daily driver miles without any problems. You can replace the disk itself for 125 bucks from Mcleod if it ever wears down. I have a Mcleod Single Disk with their steel flywheel, and a mcleod adjustable master and an 02 slave cylinder.

Cheers.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:40 PM
wrencher

I broke mine in for at least 500 miles.
I have 3 hard K on it & am happy.
Lots of track visits with slicks......
Old 12-01-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

With my LT1 car I was launching at 5k rpm on a 200 shot of nitrous, and the street twin was providing enough clamping force for 1.4 60fts and never wimpered.

Quick Reply: Mcleod clutch, what do I need?