Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LS7 clutch / drill mod / bleeding question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 clutch / drill mod / bleeding question.

Ok, I've got the LS7 clutch in and everything is back together. I also pulled the master cylinder while everything was apart and did the drill-mod. I used a brand new OEM slave cylinder/release bearing. We've been out there pumping and bleeding and pumping and bleeding for an hour, the pedal seems like it got firmer to a point and then doesn't seem to get any better from there. The pedal starts to get firm maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of the way down, clutch never disengages.

I quit for the night and was contemplating some things, one thing I noticed, and this may be completely normal, when I was torquing down the pressure plate the springs on the plate started to bend inwards as I was torquing. I associated this to a new disc/pressure plate though.

Should I just shut up and keep bleeding?
Old 07-15-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How are you bleeding it?
Old 07-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

The factory service manual method. Pump, hold pedal down, open bleeder screw for a second, close bleeder screw, release pedal. I've found that waiting for about 10-15 seconds after releasing the pedal before pumping it or holding it seems to yield the best results. And pumping slowly.

I already have a Mity-Vac but I've been resisting the urge based on what I've read from some people here.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

Ok, I went with the Mity-Vac, took 5 minutes and it's stronger than it ever was with no mess and no crawling under the car. Screw the bleeder screw, lol.