Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Six Speeds Inc. New Shipping Policy

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 01:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Six Speeds Inc. New Shipping Policy

Due to a recent shipping issue with an over sea's customer, Six Speeds Inc. will be implementing a new customer shipping policy.

Six Speeds Inc. will not longer, effective immidately, allow customers to supply us with shipping labels, shipping pickups or "NO" insurance rules. This policy change comes due to an over seas customer who took care of the shipping label (we did not print it or fill it out so we don't have a tracking number on it), pickup and insurance. This package is now lost in transite for over a month now and the shipping company can not find any information. They can only confirm a pickup was made and a package was recieved since the driver signed for the pickup of the transmission. This customer is now requesting that I build him a new transmission free of charge or refund his money. Our new policy will be effective immediately and will not change. Unfortunantly this policy will effect all customers.

Six Speeds Inc. prides itself on great customer service as well as a quality product. While most of you guys know you do wait for cores, the quality of the product is worth waiting for. I wish this new policy did not have to come into effect but Six Speeds Inc. can not be held liable for a lost package that we had no control over once it was packaged. The customer took responsibilty of that package once he contacted the shipper directly.

Should anyone have any questions about this new policy, they are encourged to either email me directly or call me to discuss.

Now for the good news. We have a new Shipping Manager. Here name is Bonnie and she is responsible for all packages that leave our facility. She has up to the minute tracking capabilities as well as will be able to provide all customers with there tracking number. Should anyone require there tracking number, her hours are 9:30am-5pm M-Thursday and 9:30am-12:00pm Fridays. You can reach her at 888-937-4411 X 01.

Thank You,
Amber
Six Speeds Inc.
amber@sixspeedsinc.com
713-937-4411
Old 05-22-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Six Speeds Inc.
Now for the good news. We have a new Shipping Manager. Here name is Bonnie
Never thought Id see my moms name associated with a performance vendor on LS1Tech. True story!
Old 05-22-2007, 10:02 PM
wrencher

Sad to see that someone optied to go the lesser service route of shipping.
Then have it go bad & not own up to it
Well i dont blame you, your not shipping air filter lids.

Last edited by wrencher; 05-23-2007 at 07:58 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-23-2007, 07:25 AM
12 Second Club

I would tell the customer to talk to the shipping company about giving him a refund, had you made the shipping arangments it would be a different story.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:30 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

i can understand this completly as it sucks to have shipping issue to begin with nevermind ones that your not involved in and have NO control over.
honestly i think its much better decisson to do what you are doing now and customers will relize this in the future as you will have more control over what is actully going on

Keep up the great work !! :
Old 05-23-2007, 09:20 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks guys. I just found out there are similar scams being pulled with sponsors like me on other boards. I will not have my name tarnished due to this but I also will not let them badger me over something that is not my issue.

Amber
Old 05-23-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good luck with it as I know you all are a good company. I have never had a problem at all. A+. Good luck getting the situation resolved.

Ryan @ Tennessee Auto
Old 05-23-2007, 12:05 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post up the name and location of who is doing this...they know full well they can't hold you liable for this since it is the shipping company's fault. If I were in your shoes, I'd give them an ***-whoopin', free of charge
Old 05-23-2007, 12:09 PM
FormerVendor

Well the guy is being nice and we are working with the company to help them find it. You can't miss our box, it says real racecars have 3 pedals.

Amber
Old 05-24-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

This is why I do NOT accept labels at my eBay company....I ship everything under my account because people are idiots...
Good luck Amber/Joe!

Erik
Old 05-24-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no more Nigerian shipping !

Quick Reply: Six Speeds Inc. New Shipping Policy