Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Might move to Oklahoma City

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might move to Oklahoma City

sup guys. I from San diego Ca. My parents are thinking about moving out to Oklahoma city. just wondering how the car scene is out there.anyone live near the area?
Old 11-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Launching!

your parents are probably going to be pretty bored moving here from San Diego...there's really not alot to do. we have one crappy 1/4 mile track but there are a few gear heads around to shoot the **** with. i'm just a little sour about getting stationed here since the cops shut down the places we used to go off roading, shooting, and having bon fires. some people like it, just not me.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

i see....
Old 11-27-2008, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Furious_George
your parents are probably going to be pretty bored moving here from San Diego...there's really not alot to do. we have one crappy 1/4 mile track but there are a few gear heads around to shoot the **** with. i'm just a little sour about getting stationed here since the cops shut down the places we used to go off roading, shooting, and having bon fires. some people like it, just not me.
They shut everything down?

That sucks, I used to live on the north side of OKC.... I liked the area, there is a F-body club but thats about it. I can't speak for the rest of the city.
When I was there the Southside was a bad area to be in at night.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

I'm out here for FAA training until Feb 09. I hated it at first but its starting to become ok. I've seen few muscle cars on the road one was an all black SS that looked good and sounded good, a C6 Z06, Mach1 and 2 Terminators. I don't have my car here since I don't think it could survive the ice storms in winter I've been told about but I do have an awesome 2004 Saturn with 125hp for my rental.

If someone could let me know where if any of the OKC real car guys meet at that would be great.

~Brad
Old 11-27-2008, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LSWon00
I'm out here for FAA training until Feb 09. I hated it at first but its starting to become ok. I've seen few muscle cars on the road one was an all black SS that looked good and sounded good, a C6 Z06, Mach1 and 2 Terminators. I don't have my car here since I don't think it could survive the ice storms in winter I've been told about but I do have an awesome 2004 Saturn with 125hp for my rental.

If someone could let me know where if any of the OKC real car guys meet at that would be great.

~Brad
When I was there in 01 OKC had the second worst ice storm in OKC history (now the third). I was in my first car, a 86 camaro with a 2.8 and a shot suspension on the south side..... I scared the crap out of myself.

People say when it sbad enough if you turn off your wipers for a split second you will watch it instantly freeze over.... I laughed at that and tried it.... I learned the hard way as I had to scrape it off with the wipers going on high.

Defrost also had to be on at all times.... it sucked, a friend of mine was a trucker going threw there the same night.... he said it was the worst he had ever seen!
Old 11-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Launching!

Furious_George, where did you used to go shooting and bon fire-ing at?
Old 11-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Banned

Man I am jealous. I was born and raised in OKC. Would love to move back but I have to go where my career takes me, and it hadn't taken me back yet so...

As a matter of fact, my username (7420NW7TH) is the address of the house I was raised (in OKC) near Rockwell ave and I-40. I loved it there, best memories of my life....
Old 11-27-2008, 07:08 PM
11 Second Club

some of us went down there a few years back for the scandalous event and some street racing. Seemed pretty good. A lot of their cars seemed kind of slow compared to the cars up here, but it was a great time.

seemed like lots of well developed girls if you know what i mean.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 4bangermustang
some of us went down there a few years back for the scandalous event and some street racing. Seemed pretty good. A lot of their cars seemed kind of slow compared to the cars up here, but it was a great time.

seemed like lots of well developed girls if you know what i mean.

Not to many fast cars but when it comes to the ladies, its fairly common in that part of the country

Quick Reply: Might move to Oklahoma City