Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Dells car show, is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dells car show, is it worth it?

We were planning on driving down with a few guys to the Automotion car show in the Dells next weekend, but I have been hearing how the cops have just become total a-holes that weekend. I can understand keeping it safe, and giving tickets to people acting or driving like idiots, but I have heard they will even harrass people walking the streets. I have never been to the Dells show, but it sounds like it used to be a lot bigger and better. What do you guys reccomend doing/ seeing while we are there.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by fastGBcamaro
We were planning on driving down with a few guys to the Automotion car show in the Dells next weekend, but I have been hearing how the cops have just become total a-holes that weekend. I can understand keeping it safe, and giving tickets to people acting or driving like idiots, but I have heard they will even harrass people walking the streets. I have never been to the Dells show, but it sounds like it used to be a lot bigger and better. What do you guys reccomend doing/ seeing while we are there.

Been going for 7 years now. Cops have been about the same for the last 2 years. Just dont be an idiot on the main drag. We take our fun out of town a ways every year. Not sure about getting messed while walking around though. Thats new 2 me. Just watch out for the cops on pedal bikes! they are sneaky hahaha

Vid my friend made from last year. I had my black z28 at the time. This year is goin to suck since I just have a stock M3. O well. Have to go find some twistys haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ORxPOw9Dk

Last edited by jj_z28; 05-17-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds good. Ive actually watched that video a couple of times before and it always gets me excited to head down there for the show. We will be heading down there on Sat. morning and hanging out until the evening. We are hoping to find a little friendly racing action outside of town. Ill be driving a Silver z28 with prostars and a billet grill. Stop by to shoot the breeze if you see me.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:00 PM
11 Second Club

Sounds good. Ive actually watched that video a couple of times before and it always gets me excited to head down there for the show. We will be heading down there on Sat. morning and hanging out until the evening. We are hoping to find a little friendly racing action outside of town. Ill be driving a Silver z28 with prostars and a billet grill. Stop by to shoot the breeze if you see me.

Heard u ran into a few of my friends at the beyond redline. One was a red c5 and a all black C5.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jj_z28
Heard u ran into a few of my friends at the beyond redline. One was a red c5 and a all black C5.
Oh yeah. I didn't realize it was you that they were talking about, when they mentioned one of there buddies that had an fbody, but sold it and has an M3. I should have known. I told Nate that I would give him a call when we got into town, well have to meet up and have some drinks. See ya there.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this a free show? Never heard of it, but looks good from that video. Seen that orange Jeep CJ7 a few times, that is one Jeep to be reckoned with.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

Yes its a free show and car cruise. Catch the right people u can find some fast cars to run at night 2. : )
Old 05-18-2010, 05:18 PM
11 Second Club

Oh yeah. I didn't realize it was you that they were talking about, when they mentioned one of there buddies that had an fbody, but sold it and has an M3. I should have known. I told Nate that I would give him a call when we got into town, well have to meet up and have some drinks. See ya there.

Sounds like a plan. C ya there
Old 05-21-2010, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Me and about 15 other cars are coming from Watertown area for Saturday and some into Sunday. This will be my fourth year going. It's a blast up there. Awesome cars at the show and on the street.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 00FlowCamaro
Me and about 15 other cars are coming from Watertown area for Saturday and some into Sunday. This will be my fourth year going. It's a blast up there. Awesome cars at the show and on the street.
We will be getting into the Dells around 11:00 on Saturday. Im really looking forward to it. Sweet cars plus lots of drinking, how could you not have a good time.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:27 PM
11 Second Club

Will be there sometime tonight. Look for these cars if ya want.

-Jason-

-Nates-

Meeting a bunch more people. Should have 3-4 Evos, couple Subis, another blacked out C5 and a few other misc cars. Should be a good time.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00FlowCamaro
Funny, I lived in Watertown for about 3 years.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Im thinking about going. this is my first spring in wisconsin in the last 4 years, i just dont know any1 where im from that owns fbodies so i dont have anyone to cruise with.

Quick Reply: Dells car show, is it worth it?