Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Straightline Performance Joilet IL 60433

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Straightline Performance Joilet IL 60433

Alot of you guys have seen my build in the forced induction forum. I dropped it off January 2015 and was to pick up 1st of April. After them lying to me repeatedly for months about status I had someone go by and check it out. I had been setting for 7 months without being touched. Mind you I paid a deposit to get a spot and brought it a week early. I paid for all parts ASAP as agreed upon. Anyways, when I got it home and went over it the rear bumper cover was ruined because the chute was too high. It was folded in the middle and the only way to fix it was would be to cut it in half or lower the chute. They had to make and L cut in the bumper so you could put a nut on.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The drivers quarter was beat to hell from the sawzall blade and the wheel well had a cut in it from the sawzall as well. The had the intercooler mounted as the lowest part of the front to the point you couldn't use the tubing that was meant to jack the low front up.

The front down bars did not tie into the cage but were just cut of and the ends were let hanging. It was boxed under the fender well so you couldnt tell what was going on.
They ended just past the boxing. COuldnt get pics but it you put you hand up in the fender you can fell the end

Old 05-21-2016, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The fitment on the front nose was poor at best

Old 05-21-2016, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyways I had a long talk with them because I got jerked around so long and had multiple promises they wouldnt throw it together to get it out the door. They said they would make it right and would pay for shipping too. I told them not sure how that would work as it took 8 extra months to get this crap. I got a written agreement saying they would have it done and shipped to me 3 weeks after they received it or I would get a 6k refund. At the 3 week mark I asked when they would ship it. Stated they had a friend that would deliver on Sunday after week 3, they said he flaked. Then it was on its way but didn't happen. Then was told picked up on Thursday. I asked Thursday if delivery was still on for Friday and was told yes it was on its way. I asked for the transport ID number and phone so I could check on time. Finally, they admitted it havent even been picked up yet. They said they couldnt control pick up and asked what I wanted done. I told them to take the extra time till pick up (now on Saturday) to make sure everything we talked about was done right. NO problem right... 2 extra weeks to get it right. I mean this is their second try and they agreed it would be right or I get 6k in labor back.

This is what they sent me. WHY WOULD they send this out. Not photoshopped, again the bolt is touching the cover and you will have to cut another hole in it to put the nut on. The rear quarter still has the cut in the wheelwell. They painted both quarters twice and still didnt fix it. The job on the clear is junk. I will post pics of the clear if I can get it to show. I will post pics of the cut and some misc. pics of just poor work esp. on the throught the floor. They were tacked in the front instead of fully welded on the drivers side.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got ahold of mike the day after delivery to say WTF. I am not sending it back for a 3rd trip at 14 months after a 3 month job. He said OK and said the money would be sent the next week. Then the next, then the next and finally said I was harassing him and he didnt make enough to refund me. I told him not to worry with the contract I would get my money someway. He then sent me $1500.00 and said it was time to get started. Thought all was good. Nothing the last 2 months except it is going out this day, then something came up, again and again. Well I tried to be civil and be nice without posting and such but at this point I dont care. Mike I kept quiet because I just wanted what I paid for, then I thought we had it right with a contract. Here it is, people can decide for themselves if they want to be a part of Straightline. I have all the text to back everything up in this piece and then some.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience. My experience was not the best either. Brought my car in for a heads,fast intake, and dyno tune. When the car was finished, I asked for the dyno sheet. Said they would email it to me. Little odd...but ok. Two weeks later...nothing. Called them up. They said I should have received it. Fast forward 5 months later. In that five month span, I called them four times and email them 4 times. All calls ended in the same result. Excuses... "I should have gotten it", "we sent it and "give us your information again so we can send it". Bottom line is I never got a dyno sheet. I know it, and they know it. It's a shame because they seemed cool with me. Fact is, I paid 500 for a dyno tune, and without that sheet there is no proof my car made any pulls to get dialed in. Pretty disappointed. My lid was also overhanging my airbox because they never trimmed the new smooth bellow. Talking to them really did not help. At this point it's been a year since the install. Just gave up. Lesson learned . On the bright side I started to do my own work now and its going really well. Might take me longer but it's well worth it. Well, I hope things turn out better for you and your car. Having to post in this section sucks. Take it easy.

Last edited by black sky; 05-22-2016 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Added forgotten info
Old 06-01-2016, 05:29 PM

My name is Kevin Stevens, not Mike as stated above, I am an independent contractor that rents shop space from Straightline Performance. I am the one responsible for the work that is posted above. I am not proud in anyway of the work I did here. I have paid Chris/Terrance 1500.00 of the 6000.00 and will pay the remainder of this money ASAP. I'm not running away from this situation in anyway, if that were the case I wouldn't have paid back any of the money that was owed. With the work I put out on this car, I deserve the criticism but in no way does Straightline deserve the slander for my work.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow! Well I sold my car after it got back from there. Was very disappointed my self too. My car was spotless when it left.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

black sky I had the same problem with them, on getting my dyno sheet back in 2014, I did go back this year to get the heads, lifters and intake put on along with another tune and dyno run. But I made sure they printed the dyno pull before i left. I do like the work they do there. But they could use a full time secretary up front. Some to handle the paperwork and answer the phone.

Does anyone know of a good place to get my gears changed out. I thought of doing them myself but I've never done gears before. Also undecide on 3.90 or should I go with 4.10 gears. Any feedback on this would be great.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

[Shame it happened to someone else. Just no excuse for it. They seemed like nice guys and the shop is not super far away. Kind of a bummer. Maybe my feelings will change one day, but for now ive been doing my own work. Tons of great reading and helpful people in this site. Anything done well takes time, and that's the end result I'm looking for. Maybe I will run into you sometime. Noticed your name in the NW Indiana Cruise night thread. Take it easy Torres.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Staging Lane

Well let me know where your going to be black sky, Maybe we can meet up sometime.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:41 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

It seems that they are no longer a sponsor on this site. Otherwise, you could take your frustrations to the sponsor feedback forum. I'm sorry to see this happen to your vehicle.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a lot of nightmares myself about that place. They are a bunch of inexperienced criminals.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

SOme info here

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...618&highlight=
Old 06-17-2016, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Interesting read. While funny, its also pretty sad. I usually try to do everything myself, but the few times I have hired someone to do some work (not just performance mods), has always ended in disappointment. Fast completion with garbage quality. Being a true craftsman is a lost art. People work hard for their money and deserve better. You deserve better. Especially for 6k. That's not monopoly money.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:08 AM
Teching In

Unfortunate that this happened. I have been going there since '08 and just recently (a month or so ago) had heads, cam, converter done along with a tune and had nothing but a positive experience just like I've had in the past. No issues with them answering phones or providing a dyno sheet, etc. Most everyone I talk to that has gone there has had positive experiences with them. Hopefully this all gets worked out in the end.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It isnt getting worked out. Basically got 1500.00 so it can be said I was going to get paid then 4 months no contact. It will be $1200.00 for lawyer so basically even. I will get it paid back at the end of the process. As soon as I get moved into my new house the lawyer can figure out who to serve the papers to. I dont have the time to deal with this for a bit.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:59 PM
Teching In

I'm new to this site and actually came here for help after I went there. Had to have 2011 camaro ls3 rebuilt, all internals were trashed. (the rebuild before this only lasted 8k miles) anyways they installed new BTR cam, PR, comp lifters and pretty much everything that goes with a build. It took them 9 months to do the job. I kept calling and they say give them another week. Anyways I don't mind wait because I thought I would get an amazing product back. Nope, from the start I said there was a valve train noise and they kept saying injectors and header noise. So they were going to fix exhaust leeks. On they way home to Naperville i noticed the echoing noise was still there. I also had some other issues with my car going in safe mode a few times. Anyways now I'm worried about the noise because this is same noise that it did before both rebuilds I had. At 750 miles now I dropped the filter out and took to machine shop cause straightlins hates returning phone calls. The shop said there was fuel in the oil during my break in period, there was drive train noise and he said they need to fix this after spending 8 grand. So right now I have a tick tick noise(lifter, exhaust leek, oring, or who else knows) so I have my car in the garage trying to figure this out on my own and my 8k flushed down the toilet(which really sucks cause I can't work and have fibromyalga and lots of medical sruff) and can only do few things. So now I'm stuck with a huge paperweight with no help and guys that don't believe me that I have noises that need fixed. So that's why I'm on this site now.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry this happened. I would post by itself if you get no resolution. The more threads there are the more likely they are to do something. I got no resolution at this time.

Quick Reply: Straightline Performance Joilet IL 60433