Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

A few RSD Vids

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A few RSD Vids

I raced some green notch and the new Shelby Cobra. My buddy in his all-motor Corvette beat some pretty fast white TA that redlighted on him.

http://video.google.com/videouploadf...VZJXzM2NDY.AVI

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...37873106&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...40034029&hl=en

Last edited by BIGONTS; 10-18-2006 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Your buddy want to try the white "trailered" Formula again for some money?
Old 10-18-2006, 08:33 AM
Tenured Member

Oh snap!
Old 10-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got cash ready to back Brad.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Launching!

No idea we were racing the Corvette, this is news to me. We were in the test and tune lanes just trying to get the car down the track cleanly.

From where I was standing Brad spun out of the hole bad enough he had to get out of it, stabbed the throttle again and then almost ran your buddy down on the big end.

If you do want to "race" let us know and we can do it at the next RSD.

Also the trailer is there only as my personal "hospitality suite". I demanded a golf cart for transportation, a heated trailer, and a coffee maker in order to drag my *** to the track that frigid day. I apologize to Brad if that made him look like he had a "race car", that is entirely my fault and I take all the blame, I am high maintenence

Yours truly,
Crew chief
Old 10-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BradWS6
Your buddy want to try the white "trailered" Formula again for some money?
No, not interested. He's not into that.

peace

Last edited by BIGONTS; 10-18-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigD
No idea we were racing the Corvette, this is news to me. We were in the test and tune lanes just trying to get the car down the track cleanly.

From where I was standing Brad spun out of the hole bad enough he had to get out of it, stabbed the throttle again and then almost ran your buddy down on the big end.

If you do want to "race" let us know and we can do it at the next RSD.

Also the trailer is there only as my personal "hospitality suite". I demanded a golf cart for transportation, a heated trailer, and a coffee maker in order to drag my *** to the track that frigid day. I apologize to Brad if that made him look like he had a "race car", that is entirely my fault and I take all the blame, I am high maintenence

Yours truly,
Crew chief
Didn't mean anything disrespectful by saying "trailered". He just wasn't too crazy about lining up against him and was surprised when he won. The car sounded really good and looks fast and I'm sure he was just testing. Trailers are nice and wish we had one. It's a pain in the *** hauling and jacking parts and the car, etc.... Yeah, we needed some hot drinks and heater that day.

Just posting for informational purposes only. Will post full details on the car and the times it ran. If you can say, how fast is that white TA?

Peace

Last edited by BIGONTS; 10-18-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No Biggie, I was just surprised ithe vid was on two sites. The Vette is very impressive for a street car. I never go to rsd anymore, just there for the LS1 Shootout. The pass against the Vette I went 2.011 60' 11.067@127.75 It spun out of hole and got back in it. The car does run 10.6 on motor and has gone 9.8 on nitrous. It's just a summit series bracket car.

Last edited by BradWS6; 10-18-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BradWS6
No Biggie, I was just surprised ithe vid was on two sites. The Vette is very impressive for a street car. I never go to rsd anymore, just there for the LS1 Shootout. The pass against the Vette I went 2.011 60' 11.067@127.75 It spun out of hole and got back in it. The car does run 10.4-5 on motor and has gone 9.8 on nitrous. It's just a summit series bracket car.
I was just sharing a few vids from the RSD. I'm sure you seen it on Chitownracing.com in the RSD forum. I forgot to check the comments over there. Can't get on there from work. I'm sure people are talking **** because everyone and their mom is a street racer these days and wants to race for money. I'll delete the trailer part cuz it makes your car seem like a race car and get's some people's panties in a bunch. The best we can get out of the vette was a 10.78 that day. It was bogging off the line. I have to get a list of mods from him. He's glad the car is finally running strong/right. It was in and out of shops for two years because of eletrical, tuning problems, etc....

See you at the track
Old 10-18-2006, 05:56 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by BIGONTS
I was just sharing a few vids from the RSD. I'm sure you seen it on Chitownracing.com in the RSD forum. I forgot to check the comments over there. Can't get on there from work. I'm sure people are talking **** because everyone and their mom is a street racer these days and wants to race for money. I'll delete the trailer part cuz it makes your car seem like a race car and get's some people's panties in a bunch. The best we can get out of the vette was a 10.78 that day. It was bogging off the line. I have to get a list of mods from him. He's glad the car is finally running strong/right. It was in and out of shops for two years because of eletrical, tuning problems, etc....

See you at the track

A car that comes to the track on a trailer is a trailered car. Nothing wrong with that. I know of three cars off the top of my head that is driven to the track with a/c and runs 9's. I know of 11+ second trailered cars. No big deal, I love it when people drive to the track a lay the smack down on a trailered car. Brads car is fast, but he lost that round. In the LS1 race with Tuff I lost because of tire spin. My car has ben running faster than Tuffs car this season because he's just getting it sorted out. Bottom line he won that round! I didn't see anything wrong with your post, you guys can line them up again sometime.