Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Best Tuner in Mid-Michigan????

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Best Tuner in Mid-Michigan????

I have been searching, and have been told that Sean @ CARS and W2W would be the best 2 places to go to have my car tuned, and delete my SES light after I install my headers and intake, and delete the AIR and EGR. Any suggestions??

I live in Flint by the way.....

Any recommendations/experiences will be very helpful!!

-James
Old 03-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Launching!

W2W is really good, CARS is where im gonna get my car tuned after the cam install, they are doin my clutch this weekend. wanna trade those TT2's for some nearly brand new polished A/R rebels with 275's all around...less than 2k miles on wheels and tires
Old 03-27-2007, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

This was just asked a bit ago. I don't live too far from you, I just put a cam in so I am thinking about a tune. If you just want them to delete codes etc that can be done by anyone really rather cheap I would think.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwestern-members/667504-michigan-tuner-recommendations.html

Hope this helps...

Brian
Old 03-27-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by barracuda_440
W2W is really good, CARS is where im gonna get my car tuned after the cam install, they are doin my clutch this weekend. wanna trade those TT2's for some nearly brand new polished A/R rebels with 275's all around...less than 2k miles on wheels and tires
No thanks man, I love the TTII's but man they are a pain to keep clean ...
Old 03-27-2007, 08:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
This was just asked a bit ago. I don't live too far from you, I just put a cam in so I am thinking about a tune. If you just want them to delete codes etc that can be done by anyone really rather cheap I would think.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667504

Hope this helps...

Brian
Yeah, I read that but it still didn't make up my mind. I was hoping to get more EXPERIENCES in this thread than just people saying "cars"... "W2W"...

You know what I mean?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah I know what you are saying. I have no experience with any of these tuners, but I work with someone that tunes his own car. In his words he said "it isn't rocket science". So, any experienced tuner given your mods would have no problem tuning your car just fine. If you had a weird cam of FI you might need to ponder it a bit more, but I think you'd be fine with any of the choices mentioned in that post.

Brian
Old 03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Hey I see u r in flint have u checked out how much Hardcore motorsports would cost to do it. They are right there in flint.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Hey bro I live in davison, hope I see you around sometime. Any how I dont have any personal experience with hardcore but I have heard many bad things about them. If I remember right, there is some negative posts regarding them in the aforemontioned post.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:21 PM
12 Second Club

Kirk Dearhamer @ Vector Motorsports is a very well known tuner. Katech uses him for tuning as well as W2W. He has been in Magazines and on TV. I've personally used him for 2 years now and have seen some radical cars there. Including the Detroit Pistons Lindsey Hunters Procharged Vette.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HEMIETR
Kirk Dearhamer @ Vector Motorsports is a very well known tuner. Katech uses him for tuning as well as W2W. He has been in Magazines and on TV. I've personally used him for 2 years now and have seen some radical cars there. Including the Detroit Pistons Lindsey Hunters Procharged Vette.
That's interesting...where abouts is is located?

I have been leaning towards Sean @ CARS, or W2W. I have actually seen cars tuned by W2W before, and the tune was elite for sure...
Old 03-28-2007, 04:11 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 06goat
Hey bro I live in davison, hope I see you around sometime. Any how I dont have any personal experience with hardcore but I have heard many bad things about them. If I remember right, there is some negative posts regarding them in the aforemontioned post.
Hey what's up man? Good to hear there some people around the Flint area that can actually afford one of these things . We will have to meet up some time. Shiv15 is also another member that lives near us. We should go cruising sometime, maybe away form Flint lol.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know both the shops and either does great work, honestly is all personal preference. I'd choose either but have been using Sean at CARS for a while now and I recommend everyone else to him usually.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:57 AM
12 Second Club

www.vectormotorsports.com
Old 03-28-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HEMIETR
I strongly agree, I have been there twice, once to tune my car, and delete some 02 codes (basically stock 06 Imp SS) and another time to increase the trans line pressure. But when I'm there I see him working on some pretty seriously modded cars. Everybody seems to leave that place very happy.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by firebirdman469
Hey what's up man? Good to hear there some people around the Flint area that can actually afford one of these things . We will have to meet up some time. Shiv15 is also another member that lives near us. We should go cruising sometime, maybe away form Flint lol.
That sounds good man. Any time you can get out of flint is a good time. Pm me some time we'll go for a cruise. I always aimlessly drive around when the weather is nice.
Tim
Old 03-28-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

I had very good luck with Kirk from Vector. Picked up a huge amount of power and driveability over my tune from Livernois Motorsports.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Launching!

I used livernois Motorsports for my tune, nothing but great things from those guys, they did the tune on the computer for my swap, the TBSS, and the camaro (which was a retune after someone else tuned it) and all have been well worth it. Their shop is top notch!

Quick Reply: Best Tuner in Mid-Michigan????