Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota

Hey guys i am probably going to be moving from Chicago to Northern Wisconsin at the end of summer. I was wondering if anyone is from there, or are there any shops up there or if there is even any car scene up there or not. Just wanted to see.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JacobK
Hey guys i am probably going to be moving from Chicago to Northern Wisconsin at the end of summer. I was wondering if anyone is from there, or are there any shops up there or if there is even any car scene up there or not. Just wanted to see.
Absolutly nothing happens in WI and the closest shops are in Chicago. Sorry.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn jake! that sucks!
Old 05-30-2007, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

Jake......

You didnt tell me you were movin?
Old 05-30-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya im pretty sure i am going to be...I cant afford my rent and stuff by myself and no one wants to move in with me, so im gonna be living with my parents for free and going to school, so i can actually get a good job and have an actual career.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

Where at in WI? The only decent track is GLD and thats in Milwaukee which you probably already know, WIR just blows *****.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

well ill be up there at the end of august or september sometime so i will be here in IL for most of the season. Im just seeing if anyone hang out or anything like that. Im going to be in Eagle River, WI. I dont know if anyone is familiar with that area
Old 05-30-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know eagle river. g/f's grandparents are up there. nice outdoors area. if you like to hunt/fish, then cool. if not, well learn, haha. WIR may suck, but it's atleast something. isn't there a huge go kart place up by there? but yeah, other than that, not much else happening up there, gotta come to milwaukee for fun, and at that point might as well make it all the way down to chitown.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What if I moved in with you? How much would rent be? PM me the details if you're looking to stay.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

PM Sent Matt..

See guys im only going cause its hard on me with rent and everything, but i really need to go back to school, im 22 and have no college experience at all, and i REALLY wanna go to school and be an elementary school Gym teacher. So i figure im gonna go to school at a community college up there for 2 years, (ill still come down over the summer to stay for weeks and visit) then after my 2 years at community college, if everything is still going good with my gf and myself then i will try to transfer all my credits too ISU (my gf is gonna be going there this august) and then we can get an apartment together to finish our last 2 years of school together, and then we can get married hopefully. So i have all my plans and stuff in order and i know what i want to do, now its a matter of everything working out how I hope.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slow Z28
i know eagle river. g/f's grandparents are up there. nice outdoors area. if you like to hunt/fish, then cool. if not, well learn, haha. WIR may suck, but it's atleast something. isn't there a huge go kart place up by there? but yeah, other than that, not much else happening up there, gotta come to milwaukee for fun, and at that point might as well make it all the way down to chitown.
I love hunting and fishing. Like i said though, it wont be permanent just temporary until i get done with school and get a good job.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are there any f-body's in eagle river? (my parents own a house near lake tomahawk .. on alva lake , harshaw county)

only advise I can offer is... store the Z early (preferably in IL since alot of the roads way north are dirt) , buy a snowmobile (last few years eagle river has gotten at least enough snow for locals to enjoy) .. and move back to IL ASAP
Old 05-30-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

well ill store the camaro at the house in Wisconsin, ill be bringing my DD up too, and between all of the other cars they have, it will be no problem. this way while im working i can save some money and possibly refresh the motor in the camaro since it will be sitting for months..
Old 05-31-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

your a bonner

Quick Reply: Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota