Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Pageing "YBASLO1" we need to talk...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Pageing "YBASLO1" we need to talk...

We need to talk about the 1.8 Harland Sharp rocker arms you sold me
that are not 1.8s but are 1.7s
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...693&highlight=

I am trying to handle this like adults. I have sent you PMs and have not heard from you.

Get in touch with soon Chris L
Old 02-22-2008, 07:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bollas quick question..
How can you tell that they are 1.7's are they marked?
The reason I ask is that I too bought some 1.8's on here too!
thanks and goodluck with your issue!
Old 02-22-2008, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Here is what the tech at Harland Sharp sent me to to tell the differance between them.
Left one is 1.7 and the right one is 1.8

This is where you take the messurement at the push rod end cap.

The 1.7s are .40' and the 1.8s are.100'

I had no Idea of this until talking to the HS tech and I was told that they dont stamp them because if folks are useing them to cheat with the techs cant tell what size they are. I think that they still could have stamp the bottom of it where you would not see it
Hope this helps you out because it has help me decide that I will not ever buy another set of rocker arms that are not marked with the correct ratio on them.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:28 AM
11 Second Club

I dont know the whole story on the sale . i know ybaslo1 very well and he has NEVER EVER done something shady. This may be a misunderstanding on his behalf when he had bought them. Give him time to explain himself and he will make it right. TRUST ME

And for future purchases you make.. On reciept of ANYTHING YOU BUY please inspect and make sure you get what you paid for. This sale is 2 going on 3 months old
Old 02-23-2008, 05:39 AM
On The Tree

Thats the whole damn point here! you cant tell because the rocker arms are not stamped
I was told they where 1.8s and thats why I bought them and yes you dont know the whole story behind this. Thats between me and Chris and I am just trying to make contact with him to get this worked out.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know Chris and he is a good guy. He has never done me wrong. But it does make it look fishy that he hasn't responded on here when he has been posting on Chitown Racing...
Old 02-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Launching!

Take him to court and settle this.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by THEE PEWTER Z™
And for future purchases you make.. On reciept of ANYTHING YOU BUY please inspect and make sure you get what you paid for. This sale is 2 going on 3 months old
He took his stuff and got it checked, he did nothing wrong. How do you know he didn't try to contact him before making this thread? I would suggest to you that you remain neutral in this whole thing. Just because you know someone well doesn't mean jack ****, especially when it comes to selling car parts.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

I agree im stayin neutral in the whole thing because like i said in the previous post i dont know the whole story. and as far as the future purchases go that goes for anybody.. I am confident that it will be taken care of
Old 02-23-2008, 09:49 PM
12 Second Club

Hey Pauly, have you talked to this guy Chris?
Old 02-24-2008, 12:08 PM
11 Second Club

I looked around for his number and it must not have trabsferred to my new phone but im gonna try and get ahold of him today somehow.. i know he hasnt been on tech in a few days
Old 02-24-2008, 08:38 PM
11 Second Club

I was a little suspecious of this whole sale and did some research. You currently do not even own these rockers. what is your specific beef. just tryin to help. I have noticed evey single one of your 35 posts aare in the forsale section except for a limited few posts about these rockers you bought then sold. Npt tryin to start **** just a little skeptical.. the person who currently owns them should chime in
Old 02-24-2008, 11:29 PM

Try chitownracing?
Old 02-25-2008, 05:20 AM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by THEE PEWTER Z™
I was a little suspecious of this whole sale and did some research. You currently do not even own these rockers. what is your specific beef. just tryin to help. I have noticed evey single one of your 35 posts aare in the forsale section except for a limited few posts about these rockers you bought then sold. Npt tryin to start **** just a little skeptical.. the person who currently owns them should chime in
Maybe he feels bad for the new buyer since Chris did this to them BOTH. Remember, some people actaully still have a conscious left.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:43 AM
TECH Regular

Paul, thanks for the call and the PM on Chitown. I have not been on this site for a few days, that is the reason for the delay in response. Bollas, I have sent you an e-mail.

I bought these rockers from a trusted friend that were stated to be 1.8's. I have known this person for a while, so i trust what he says. Even after it was brought to my attention that these are 1.7's he called BS because he bought them new as 1.8's. He no longer has the box or reciept, so this cannot be proven. Whether they were mis-boxed or ordered incorrectly cannot be determined as well.

After I sold them, Bollas contacted me stating these were hitting the valve covers (I have never had this problem with these same rockers). I linked him a few posts where other people have had this problem with 1.8 RR's. I have never heard of this problem with 1.7 RR's, but just because I have never heard of the problem doesn't mean it is not possible.

To my knowledge, the product I sold was a set of H/S 1.8 Roller rockers. I have not had a chance to even research this yet, but because I value my rep more so than a few hundred dollars, I have agreed to buy these rockers back. Well, I have agreed to buy these 1.7 RR's back. When I get them back, I will find out exactly what they are and sell them as such.

My friend says if I recieve these rockers back and they are 1.7's, these are not the rockers that I sold. Whether that is true or not, I don't know and will leave it at that.

Again, thank you everyone for your time, and if anyone needs a set of 1.7 H/S RR's, let me know.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

Its good to know that there are Honest people out there still!!
Old 02-26-2008, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

And maybe some dishonest ones too.

All is well that ends well, and my new saying for the week. Karma is a bitch. Not pointing fingers tho.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Stand up response from ybaslo1.

However, I don't see the problem. He said the 1.8's a .100 and the 1.7's are .400

Well from the pictures up there he has the smaller one (1.8's) and not the larger one (1.7) from the info he gave us. .400 > .100

Quoted from above....
The 1.7s are .40' and the 1.8s are .100'

.40 is not smaller than .100, thats like saying .10000000 is bigger than .40

So from what I read, you have proved these are in fact 1.8 rockers.

Unless you mean .040

Last edited by SchultzLT1; 02-26-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:24 AM
12 Second Club

hmm good observation there Chris!
Old 02-27-2008, 08:10 AM
On The Tree

Well I can't belive how one side this has become.
I in no way posted this up to bash Chris in any way at all !
I posted this because of the issue with the rocker arms.
I tryed contacting him by PMs with all of the info I had recived with photos, contact info for me and Harland Sharp tech that was helping us out.
I never recived a reply from Chris for any of the PM's I sent.
I had to go and track down his current e-mail and send him a notice of what was going on and that I needed to get this resolved one way or the other.
After not hearing back from him I had no choice but to put this post up after being told by one of the "MODERATORS" that he had been posting in the this section.
Any way I have made contact with him and it looks like this will be worked out wether you belive my story or his is up to you but realy does not matter in the end because the deal was made between him and me.

Yep I only have 35 post on this forum and most are in the for sale section and I have also been a member since 2002.I am also in the LS1Tech calendar at the end Victory Red 2005 Supercharged Vette just in case you missed that.
I spend most of my time at the "corvettefourm"
because thats what I drive I do alot of shopping around when I am looking to buy or sale something.

That was ment to be .040 and was a typo