Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Army Warrant Officer Program

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Army Warrant Officer Program

I'm currently enlisted in the USN, with about a year and half left to go on this enlistment. Has anyone here gone Army WO (I want to fly Helos) who has any advice for me?
Old 10-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do it. They have scaled the program back a bit in the last year so it has gotten more competitive, but if you want to fly helicopters its the way to go. I left Rucker in Dec 07, so just let me know if you have any specific questions.

What do you want to fly?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Staging Lane

I'm going through the process right now. Took my AFAST on the 1st and just took my physical yesterday and am awaiting my "go" stamp from Fort Rucker but I'm already Army. Go to usarec.army.mil/warrant.. they have a complete packet and a ton of info on there for you.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phoenix64
Do it. They have scaled the program back a bit in the last year so it has gotten more competitive, but if you want to fly helicopters its the way to go. I left Rucker in Dec 07, so just let me know if you have any specific questions.

What do you want to fly?
I'll fly anything they let me
Old 11-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Teching In

I was looking into this and saw that you have to attend SERE so I sent an e-mail to the Warrant Officer recruiters asking if since I have gone through USMC SERE if I have to do it again? They had no freakin idea. How do you have no idea and said I have to ask the Army SERE. Anyone have any idea how to get into contact with them or where Army SERE is located?
Old 11-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

The SERE is in Mother Rucker. Hey SlowBurn, if you want to haul *** and have fun then go for CH-47's, if you want to do some kill'n then OH-58's or AH-64's is the way to go, and if you want to just fly then you'll be content in a UH-60.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:27 AM
On The Tree

I have a few friends that are pilots. Three are Blackhawk, one is an Apache. The three are very envious of the one. The Blackhawks mostly (in theater) are a taxi service. The Apache guy talks to the infantry on the ground and blows **** up, shoots bad guys and patrols the area. Really interesting stuff. Also, the Apache pilot was telling me how much easier it is to fly an Apache than anything else. The Blackhawk guys agree. The Apache, you jump in, flip a few switches, and go.

I have some video of the Apache I took last week. I will put it on You Tube here soon and post the links later.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:52 AM
On The Tree

Okay, after an hour the 22 second vid still had not loaded. I will/may try again later.

Quick Reply: Army Warrant Officer Program