Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Got follow on orders to Aviano Italy

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got follow on orders to Aviano Italy

...and I'm pretty stoked!

So who's been there? whats the car scene like? Is there a car scene? Any tracks of any kind not to far from the base...?

Think I'm gonna swap the Cobra for a new M3.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

hey man, Im the same gorge from DSC there is a guy in my shop that just came back from there, I'll ask him and let you know next week
Old 10-10-2010, 04:54 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks bro, I appreciate that.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Stay AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no really, should have picked a better follow on.
im stationed here right now and would do anything togo to any other base
ummm...no car scene here
the 17th of this month is "american race day" in pordenone, the chalk off a 1/8 mile line in an industrial parking lot and let you go! wooo-hooo
Old 10-10-2010, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've heard nothing but good things. Have fun brother.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:19 AM
TECH Resident

undertow, what is your job? Your actually the first person out of prob 30 that say Aviano is not a good assigment. Especially if you have a family.

That car thing you mention acually sounds pretty cool...its no bad *** 1/4 mile track but Im sure events like that are pretty entertaning...with a nice buzz. So there is no track decetly close, like a Inde track or anything..? Isn't Venice like an hour away?

Thanks pipelayaz!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

yea venice is a hour away, not that far no tracks around here that i am aware of, now when i was in germany there were tracks all over.

im vehicle Mx......my wife was stationed here before back before she got out in around the 2001 time frame and loved it.........now we are both here and are willing to grab another assignment if we could
Old 10-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Launching!

came back from aviano a year ago, not bad place, but not the greatest, not much todo besides the bar scene, car scene well not much there, I have heard of rally races in the mountains around piancovallo, great scenery, great place to travel from, tiny base, your gonna hate fighters if you dont all ready, always calling IFEs and youll be doing alot of that, most guys just buy a junk *** car there, only saw a few vettes and a firehawk, and a camaro....if the place is still open go to boobes and get a boobe burger, closest to american food youll find, aviano inn has great pizza...... just enjoy it...
Old 10-16-2010, 06:08 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the post eroc022, yeah Im not expecting it to be great but overall I think it will be a good experince. I want to travel so thats my main focus while im there. Venice, Rome...Germany all that. It will just be nice to be with my family and experince it together. Im deployed right now then I report to Korea like 6 weeks after I get home so I wont be with my family much.

Maybe I'll hold off on getting that nice car tell I leave...just get a beater while im there.

I'll have to try that burger place if its still there, Ive heard the food there is pretty damn good and I love wine so I know Im going to enjoy that part. I plan to take a **** load back with me.

Quick Reply: Got follow on orders to Aviano Italy