Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Military Tuition assistance

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Military Tuition assistance

Has been suspended! Please sign the petition to get it back for our fellow service members. I'm Signature # 73,508. Everyone counts.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...on-ta/kSyVdySm
Old 03-13-2013, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

I signed it yesterday! Hopefully this will begin to make a difference.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

****, so THIS is why the Airforce guy in my class is losing his FA?! I thought it was something personal; that is so fucked up...

It just seems like we're the ONLY country who CONSTANTLY ***** on our Military members; it's a disgrace!

signed!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:13 PM
TECH Regular

Yep, the Navy cut the Marine Corps TA the day after Sequestration.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:35 AM
Teching In

yeah I don't get why our gov. can't get their **** together. At least the air force should finally be cutting back on the amount of contractors they have working the bases and dont get me started on end of year funds.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Old 03-21-2013, 05:11 AM
Staging Lane

Air Force cut it too now.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:12 AM
12 Second Club

DietCoke - that is spot on (and hilarious/frustrating at the same time).
Old 03-21-2013, 11:48 PM
On The Tree

Congress passed a new bill to get TA back to us, except for the Coast Guard, now we just need the President to sign it. Here is the link:

http://www.stripes.com/news/congress...tance-1.212706
Old 03-22-2013, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I hope you don't really think the WH will consider this petition!?! This is a President who his own Dept of Homeland Security considers Vets potential terrorists, and he ordered the flag at half mast for crack head Whitney Houston and ignored the murder and highly publicized funeral of a national hero and the greatest sniper of the gulf wars. Meanwhile, Janet Nutjob Napolitono is buying up Billions of rounds of ammo so we can't buy any. And while he is in Israel preaching peacenick pipe dreams; rockets are falling down in people's yards from Palestine. I can't make this **** up.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tuition Assistance is a BENEFIT! It's not a guaranteed pay. It's not as if our service members are losing their own money over this.

800,000 civilian government workers will be furloughed come next month, losing 20% of their pay until October...and people want to whine about Tuition Assistance for half of the military being cut. Get real.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This is a state matter as well. For instance, TX offers veterans tuition assistance, housing benefits and employments benefits. Relying on the federal govt is only going to pay if you are unable or unwilling to work, can report little to no income, are considered a special case by disability or designation, or can be female and have children with no source of income. What do you expect with a community activist organizer as president??? about 50% of the population knew this was coming
Old 03-22-2013, 04:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

To the guy above who said someone in his class had their FA cut... Military TA doesn't work that way. Once paperwork for a class is approved, it's approved... They just stopped approving NEW TA requests.

Also, there probably aren't going to be many of us active duty types commenting on this post... It's too politically charged, and too much of what we have to say would be on the dark side of the gray area.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by roninsonic
To the guy above who said someone in his class had their FA cut... Military TA doesn't work that way. Once paperwork for a class is approved, it's approved... They just stopped approving NEW TA requests.

Also, there probably aren't going to be many of us active duty types commenting on this post... It's too politically charged, and too much of what we have to say would be on the dark side of the gray area.
This is true ^

Classes people are currently in they will be allowed to finish out with no issues. If anyone wants to take new classes and has to submit a new TA request, it will not be approaved.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Teching In

Looks like we dont have to worry about it anymore. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/03/21/military-tuition-assistance_n_2924526.html
Old 03-22-2013, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Morphine
Looks like we dont have to worry about it anymore. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2924526.html
All of that whining for two weeks of no TA. Congress didn't vote to have 800,000 civilian workers keep from getting furloughed and losing 20% of their pay, but hey, who cares.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NoHope
All of that whining for two weeks of no TA. Congress didn't vote to have 800,000 civilian workers keep from getting furloughed and losing 20% of their pay, but hey, who cares.

This is the military lounge so we talk about military things. I mean, SERIOUSLY. Take your stupid BULLSHIT somewhere else.

You do realize that most military personnel actively DESPISE government contractors, right? They get paid twice what we do, and most do a worse job, to boot. You want to bitch and whine about it, take it somewhere else.

You want people to give a **** about it? Cut their pay in half, ship them halfway around the world for one year out of every three to get shot at and miss their family, and take a giant **** on their first ammendment rights... Then hire two or three million more of them. THEN, people might give a ****.

They're feeling the squeeze of the budget, just like everyone else is... At least they're not constantly deploying with fucked up gear, not enough people, and not enough training, for longer and longer periods with less and less downtime.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by roninsonic
This is the military lounge so we talk about military things. I mean, SERIOUSLY. Take your stupid BULLSHIT somewhere else.

You do realize that most military personnel actively DESPISE government contractors, right? They get paid twice what we do, and most do a worse job, to boot. You want to bitch and whine about it, take it somewhere else.

You want people to give a **** about it? Cut their pay in half, ship them halfway around the world for one year out of every three to get shot at and miss their family, and take a giant **** on their first ammendment rights... Then hire two or three million more of them. THEN, people might give a ****.

They're feeling the squeeze of the budget, just like everyone else is... At least they're not constantly deploying with fucked up gear, not enough people, and not enough training, for longer and longer periods with less and less downtime.
And because this is the military forum those things should not be said? TA is a BENEFIT! It is not something that goes into your bank account on the 1st and 15th. Active duty still have their GI Bill, and look...after only TWO weeks, congress reinstated TA. Big deal.

I'd like to see some facts and figures showing contractors doing a worse job than military personnel. I'm not going to believe you based on your own personal experiences, which could be bloated and exaggerated, plus you don't seem to awful bright with your constant use of foul language, but hey, that's pretty common in the military isn't it?
Old 03-24-2013, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i was ordered not to give my angry opinion in a pubic online forum
Old 03-24-2013, 02:49 AM
Staging Lane

That was close I was wanting to take some hvac classes this summer.

Quick Reply: Military Tuition assistance