Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

AF peeps; what about the new EPR's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AF peeps; what about the new EPR's?

Your thoughts?
Old 07-15-2007, 02:46 AM
Launching!

much easier to write from the looks of them. i think the fitness portion is a good and bad all its own but an automatic referell if you have a single bad test is kinda shady. i had an ingrown toenail removed last year the day before my pt test and they made me ride the bike and i bombed the crap out of it. 45 days later i scored a 92 doing the normal test. and i didnt even do any work outs other than softball.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Eh, as long as me and the BIG man upstairs are on the same page, I don't have to worry bout writin' NOBODY an EPR Best of luck with the rest............................. E-4 for "Lyfe" (i.e. until my enlistment is up, nov '09 come baby "big money big money" )
Old 07-15-2007, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jester177
much easier to write from the looks of them. i think the fitness portion is a good and bad all its own but an automatic referell if you have a single bad test is kinda shady. i had an ingrown toenail removed last year the day before my pt test and they made me ride the bike and i bombed the crap out of it. 45 days later i scored a 92 doing the normal test. and i didnt even do any work outs other than softball.
and you smoke right?
Old 07-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Teching In

I don't think I like it.

I hear now when you write an EPR on someone they actually have to view it/sign it before it gets sent up. What kind of stupid **** is that????

I also don't like how it's so easy to write a 5 on someone but a 1 or a 2 you have to provide strong justification. I think it should be the other way around....you start off as a 1 and if you want a 5 you had better save the world from self destruction.

I see alot of people getting 5's that don't deserve them because their supervisor didn't write their shitty troop up when he didn't do what he was supposed to do, which means they having nothing to back up anything less than a 4....

So instead they cut/copy/paste "good bullets" from other troop's EPR's that actually deserved them....just so they don't have to reach around their elbow to their ******* to write a bad EPR on airman ********.

Same goes for awards....we had a half *** airman that went TDY with us get an award....and one of the things mentioned in her award was she rebuild a hydraulic hydrostatic pump for a bomb lift. GIVE ME A ******* BREAK! This airman barely knows anything mechanical/technical about any of the equipment! Nevermind I probably did more good in 1 month than she did the whole 4 months.....oh well, just another example of a supervisor kissing up to lame troops.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just went through the briefing on EPR's last week. Yes, the subordinate does check off on the EPR before it's signed, although policy states that they WILL NOT sit on it; you can still bypass them and send it anyway.

Overinflation will always happen. As soon as everyone finds all the loopholes in this new system it will be the same. You can take that to the house.

Copy/paste has always happened.

Like you, I don't agree with 5's being given to everyone, but, since it's so corrupted, I'm not going to write a 4 on a guy that deserves a 4 because it totally kills them when they test -- WHEN IT SHOULDN'T (but it does).
Old 07-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Hopefully there will be less yo-yo paperwork between supervisors and higher ups over every little detail. What a waste of time.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Splitz
and you smoke right?
nope i was so hoped up on perkiset though my heart rate was all over the chart, first it was too low to start then it jumped to 170 something then down to 120 and i was only on it for like 8 min. super gay.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

EPRs are full of BS and the new one's aren't any different. Just about everyone should get a 3 which means your average but if you actually write someone a 3 they have to be the biggest shitbag ever. The AF needs to quit worrying about dumb *** pt gear that they'll never get right and fix the epr problem.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrMiracle
Hopefully there will be less yo-yo paperwork between supervisors and higher ups over every little detail. What a waste of time.
They say with the new system it should only take 2 days to execute it from bottom to top.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:08 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Compstall
They say with the new system it should only take 2 days to execute it from bottom to top.

I'll believe that when I see it........

The last EPR I wrote was a 2, to tell the truth the kid didn't deserve that much, Financial problems, unauth. use of Gov. card, constantly late 2hrs, constant lying, oh did I mention he was on a profile for the past 18 months because he woke up wrong knot is his neck, (LONG STORY)

Had all the paper work to back up this EPR 15 LORs, 20+ LOCs, 3 LOAs from 1st shirt, 1 article 15 and another one pending, They still said that a 2 was to low. Took 6 weeks to finally get this thing done, 2 weeks late.... And after all the trouble they kicked the kid out with a dishonorable less then two months later.

I don't think it is right to screw a hard working kid out of a possible promotion by giving him/her a 3/4 just because they they didn't "walk on water" esp. when you know they are "lazy" supervisors out there that just dont care period and copy/paste to save time even though they got one troop that's kid that's boots and uniform are **** hot, always on time, a good worker, then the other guy that is late maybe once, ok uniform, but he's the hardest working kid in the shop and stays late to make sure the job is done. to tell the truth I would rather have the guy that is hard working, willing to stay late over the good kid with a badass uniform. Neither one is a "5" but should I dock either on their EPR jsut because the Reg says. I just dont agree with the EPR system at all or the testing scores. In my opinion there shouldn't be a 5, I think there should be 1,2,or 3.

1 dirtbag, late lazy lots of paperwork
2 little trouble (loc,lor)but overall good kid
3 no paper work hardworking professional.

and also something to adjust the testing scales so that if you got a 2 or even a 1 one of your first EPRs that is is still possible to make rank and not totally screw them but more than one 1 or multiple 2s will take them out of the running. Everyone screws up nobody is perfect so I don't think that rating a person lower for a one mess up is right, the kid got punished for whatever he/she did dont make that one mistake haunt them for the next five yrs.

Sorry it's been a long night went in at 530pm Thursday, left this morning about 830-900, Most of this probably makes sense but I'm sure I put in some rambling and ranting
Old 07-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rob M
E-4 for "Lyfe" (i.e. until my enlistment is up, nov '09 come baby "big money big money" )

I like how this man thinks.... E-4 fo LYFE!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by frisky2101
I'll believe that when I see it........

The last EPR I wrote was a 2, to tell the truth the kid didn't deserve that much, Financial problems, unauth. use of Gov. card, constantly late 2hrs, constant lying, oh did I mention he was on a profile for the past 18 months because he woke up wrong knot is his neck, (LONG STORY)

Had all the paper work to back up this EPR 15 LORs, 20+ LOCs, 3 LOAs from 1st shirt, 1 article 15 and another one pending, They still said that a 2 was to low. Took 6 weeks to finally get this thing done, 2 weeks late.... And after all the trouble they kicked the kid out with a dishonorable less then two months later.

I don't think it is right to screw a hard working kid out of a possible promotion by giving him/her a 3/4 just because they they didn't "walk on water" esp. when you know they are "lazy" supervisors out there that just dont care period and copy/paste to save time even though they got one troop that's kid that's boots and uniform are **** hot, always on time, a good worker, then the other guy that is late maybe once, ok uniform, but he's the hardest working kid in the shop and stays late to make sure the job is done. to tell the truth I would rather have the guy that is hard working, willing to stay late over the good kid with a badass uniform. Neither one is a "5" but should I dock either on their EPR jsut because the Reg says. I just dont agree with the EPR system at all or the testing scores. In my opinion there shouldn't be a 5, I think there should be 1,2,or 3.

1 dirtbag, late lazy lots of paperwork
2 little trouble (loc,lor)but overall good kid
3 no paper work hardworking professional.

and also something to adjust the testing scales so that if you got a 2 or even a 1 one of your first EPRs that is is still possible to make rank and not totally screw them but more than one 1 or multiple 2s will take them out of the running. Everyone screws up nobody is perfect so I don't think that rating a person lower for a one mess up is right, the kid got punished for whatever he/she did dont make that one mistake haunt them for the next five yrs.

Sorry it's been a long night went in at 530pm Thursday, left this morning about 830-900, Most of this probably makes sense but I'm sure I put in some rambling and ranting

+1

Ditch the "5"
Old 07-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Okay, here's a funny thing I've always observed about pretty much any assessment form in the Air Force. One of our core values is 'excellence in all we do', and yet on most assessment forms, 'excellent' is a 4, and 'outstanding' is a 5. So excellence isn't the best? Shouldn't we be 'outstanding in all we do'?
Old 07-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Hhhmm.....sounds like a 2 to me. Hell if I may ask why did they feel this guy deserved better than that?

I don't think it is right to screw a hard working kid out of a possible promotion by giving him/her a 3/4 just because they they didn't "walk on water" esp. when you know they are "lazy" supervisors out there that just dont care period and copy/paste to save time even though they got one troop that's kid that's boots and uniform are **** hot, always on time, a good worker, then the other guy that is late maybe once, ok uniform, but he's the hardest working kid in the shop and stays late to make sure the job is done.
You're not exactly "screwing" anyone by rating someone a 3 or a 4 unless they are a smoking hot troop that really goes the extra mile.

Look at what the EPR says. 4 is good. 3 is satisfactory. 2 is meeting the bare minimum. 1 means you do not meet the AF requirements.

5. means you met all the criteria, plus you went above and beyond.....you spearheaded setting up a squadron picnic....you gave up your weekends to work Habitat for Humanity to build a house for a Hurricane Katrina victim....you saved a helpless old lady from a burning building....those kinds of things are what a 5 represents.

Now you are correct, they have been cutting/copying/pasting bullets since day 1. I could show you all the EPR's written on me as an airman, I have firewall 5's where it talks of things I never did. All I did as a Sra and below was come to work and do my job. Guess my supervisors must've really liked me.

I myself avert from making up stuff as much as I can. I've been doing up a weekly activity report (WAR) every week so when it comes time to write a troops EPR I can go back and put down on paper factual info, rather than make something up. I also tell my troops to keep track of all they accomplish for EPR time though I think they get too bombarded with work and sometimes forget.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never written an EPR, and won't know for another few weeks if I'll be in that position anytime soon, but the new format looks better to me anyways.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrMiracle
Okay, here's a funny thing I've always observed about pretty much any assessment form in the Air Force. One of our core values is 'excellence in all we do', and yet on most assessment forms, 'excellent' is a 4, and 'outstanding' is a 5. So excellence isn't the best? Shouldn't we be 'outstanding in all we do'?
Yeah, and one of the other Core Values is "Integrity First", but yet we all still get tagged for **** tests...
Old 07-28-2007, 01:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 69Nova355
I don't think I like it.

I hear now when you write an EPR on someone they actually have to view it/sign it before it gets sent up. What kind of stupid **** is that????

I also don't like how it's so easy to write a 5 on someone but a 1 or a 2 you have to provide strong justification. I think it should be the other way around....you start off as a 1 and if you want a 5 you had better save the world from self destruction.

I see alot of people getting 5's that don't deserve them because their supervisor didn't write their shitty troop up when he didn't do what he was supposed to do, which means they having nothing to back up anything less than a 4....

So instead they cut/copy/paste "good bullets" from other troop's EPR's that actually deserved them....just so they don't have to reach around their elbow to their ******* to write a bad EPR on airman ********.

Same goes for awards....we had a half *** airman that went TDY with us get an award....and one of the things mentioned in her award was she rebuild a hydraulic hydrostatic pump for a bomb lift. GIVE ME A ******* BREAK! This airman barely knows anything mechanical/technical about any of the equipment! Nevermind I probably did more good in 1 month than she did the whole 4 months.....oh well, just another example of a supervisor kissing up to lame troops.
You sir are a poet. I love hearing of some **** head that got a medal and I actually get to hear what was written. What a joke. Not all mind you but wow Ive heard some good ones.

I totally agree about not backing **** up with paperwork too. Ive written 5 EPR's since I put staff on a little over two years now. I currently have ownership of one of THEE finest examples of a **** bag POS airmen. This kid has it all. I had one troop play me before and I didnt have a paper trail to give him the EPR I wanted to give him so I learned from that one. This kid I have now have a file on. I wrote a MFR, LOC, and a LOR all in two weeks, besides other remarks on his 623a's I leave very regulary. Im currently working on gettins his sorry *** out of the military and its looking pretty good. LATER DUDE!, lol....

My man frisky has some good views above. I too hate the EPR system, its corrupt and always will be.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like how the new ones take PT score more into account. So now, anything less than a 75 on pt test is a referral EPR. Too many people around with their beer guts. Hopefully now they will either take some initiative and get in shape or get out...as long as it works
Old 07-28-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

Well, we looked at it in the shop the other day, and I think there are 14 lines to fill out versus 17 on the old EPR. What this is going to do is force troops to do more community involvement and PT. I like the new format, but i'm still wondering if the "additional raters comments" is actually going have to be filled out by the additional rater this time.....