Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Submarine guys I need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Submarine guys I need some help

Ok, I am out of A school here in about two months and would like some info on duty stations. As of right now I am thinking Pearl Harbor, San Diego, and Guam w/ the possibility of staying here. What is life like at these places? Nightlife, car clubs, the food. Just general things really that make life more bearable. TIA.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have only heard good things about HI/ Pearl.

Knew a girl that was AF out there and others that have been out there, all loved it, they have a pretty big camaro/f-body club out there also. Weather is amazing year round from what I hear.

I have heard only good things about the base is Spain also.

If it was me it would be Spain or HI. Spain is nice because you can go to other countries on short little trips. I knew a guy that was AF in Germany and him an his buddies took tons of weekend trips to other nearby countries.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:18 PM
T is for Towing not Turbo

Goin fast attack, eh?
Old 07-29-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silverbullet02
Goin fast attack, eh?
Hell yeah, or atleast I hope. I pick my orders in like 5 wks so I wil;l know for sure then. Only shitty part is we may be an all Boomer class.

Juiced I would love to go to Spain, but sadly there is no Sub bases over there. That is one of the places I would like to go if I get stationed up here.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lookin4aTA
Hell yeah, or atleast I hope. I pick my orders in like 5 wks so I wil;l know for sure then. Only shitty part is we may be an all Boomer class.

Juiced I would love to go to Spain, but sadly there is no Sub bases over there. That is one of the places I would like to go if I get stationed up here.

Is there any in Europe? You think there would be????

How about the 6th fleet out of Naples Italy? http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...vy/subgru8.htm Looks like they have some fast attack and nukes.

If not I say Pearl all the way.

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 07-29-2007 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nope. Bases are here (Groton), Norfolk, Kings bay, Ga, Sand diego, Bangor, Wa, Pearl and Guam. Italy has ports and a surface base but nothing for us anymore.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:51 PM
T is for Towing not Turbo

Well, if you don't wanna be on a T-hull, there's a couple 88's, the Seawolf which just got here, and the Conneticut will be out here shortly down in Bremerton. Nice place out here, dunno much bout the night life scene, but gorgeous scenery, a few good car clubs, lotsa stuff like that going on out here...check out the NW section if you wanna know what goes on out here. Been here since '02 and like it a lot. Good luck!

Brian
Old 07-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was stationed on the USS Columbia SSN-771 out of Pearl and I loved it. Hawaii was absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to go back. I lived there for 3 1/2 years. Doesn't matter what you like there is plenty to do. There was a great group of F-body guys out there, and a track with no traction, but it was the most fun track I have ever been to. Great racing, great food, and the coolest people. Not to mention that is always a great day for a drive. Plenty of rice to pound on also. The seafood is great, but I hope you like japanese food cause' there is alot of it. I highly recommend it. Fast attack boats are the way to go. High ops tempo, hectic schedule, long days, but the best days of my life. PM me with any and all questions. I am always glad to help a fellow bubblehead. Good luck and stay away from boomers.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

SilverBullet- No way do I want to be on a T-hull. I have a buddy is on the Seawolf now. From what I have been told it is hard as hell to geta fast boat out of Bangor.

Fahrenschnel- sending pm

Quick Reply: Submarine guys I need some help