Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

2004 Cammed C5 corvette vs pullied cobra vs CBR1000RR

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Cammed C5 corvette vs pullied cobra vs CBR1000RR

Races between friends with me driving the vette. Not the best results due to the c5 having major traction issues but it was fun. Most of the races where done from 50-60mph rolls with the cobra in 2nd gear and the c5 in 3rd(should have been in 2nd but it spun too much) I actually spun from a 60 in 3rd a few tires on these crappy street tires I was also shifting slowly to not break the tires loose during shifts. And a few runs in the vette with the bike. Wish I had a pair of DR's, I would have been able to pull harder....Anyway enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zsIW...eature=related
Old 12-09-2009, 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

sweet. Doing 180 while there's traffic chasing down a bike. Your my idol.

PS. Seems like you already have spray....racing the Cobra you had a slow pull on him and then all of a sudden you would pull 3-4 cars? Doesnt seem right.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
sweet. Doing 180 while there's traffic chasing down a bike. Your my idol.

PS. Seems like you already have spray....racing the Cobra you had a slow pull on him and then all of a sudden you would pull 3-4 cars? Doesnt seem right.
This is because I was starting in 3rd gear from the rolls when I should have been in 2nd, but couldnt because it would spin bad on my street tires. Once I got into 3rd gears power band is where I really started to pull and then when i put it into 4th it was all over....Thats why it had a slingshot effect.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounded like the Cobra had some belt slip. Nonetheless, your car definately pulls harder.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

You sound like a douche elite.

I got a measely little 5.0 on a Futura radial that Ill take your money with from a dig anytime.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by COMNBYU
You sound like a douche elite.

I got a measely little 5.0 on a Futura radial that Ill take your money with from a dig anytime.
??? explain this? This car is actually a show car, and anyone that has seen this car in person will tell you that. It is not by any means a race car, this was just a friendly race that me and a buddy did. BTW I am getting slicks/qa1's for it to see what it will run, and ill pm you the low 11 second time slip....
>>Nice to know that your 5.slow can beat me from a dig...Whats your best pass? A 12.77? With a full slicked TA, Well I could spin all day and still trash on you by the 1/8h mile in the vette!. If thats not good enough, How bout this, I got a ford lightning as well that has $800 into it (pullied,intake,tune) that runs 12.80's @108.36+all day on bald street tires( very low 12's on slicks), That will GALDY run down your measly trans am on slicks and skinnies .
Old 12-09-2009, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by eliteplb
??? explain this? This car is actually a show car, and anyone that has seen this car in person will tell you that. It is not by any means a race car, this was just a friendly race that me and a buddy did. BTW I am getting slicks/qa1's for it to see what it will run, and ill pm you the low 11 second time slip....
>>Nice to know that your 5.slow can beat me from a dig...Whats your best pass? A 12.77? With a full slicked TA, Well I could spin all day and still trash on you by the 1/8h mile in the vette!. If thats not good enough, How bout this, I got a ford lightning as well that has $800 into it (pullied,intake,tune) that runs 12.80's @108.36+all day on bald street tires( very low 12's on slicks), That will GALDY run down your measly trans am on slicks and skinnies .
I wouldnt get too cocky there my friend. As it seems from the video and this thread, you run your mouth alot and your brain revolves around your Vette....

PS, if we were closer, I wouldnt mind running you down...
Old 12-09-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

don't make this a pissing match, car sounded good elite
Old 12-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
I wouldnt get too cocky there my friend. As it seems from the video and this thread, you run your mouth alot and your brain revolves around your Vette....

PS, if we were closer, I wouldnt mind running you down...
Run my mouth? In the video I was joking around about the cobra because Its my friends. And I dont even rarely post on this forum, to be running my mouth on. When I do post I post facts that some people may not be aware of that get them mad or what ever. Like when people argued about the Hp on this car for some reason.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ha, I own a 06' cbr1000rr and man is it scary!!

when i get in my cam+bolt on Trans am It seems SUPER slow if I get off of my bike!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ellsworth
ha, I own a 06' cbr1000rr and man is it scary!!

when i get in my cam+bolt on Trans am It seems SUPER slow if I get off of my bike!
^^+1 Street bikes are nasty, They are a completely different ride than any fast car. But hey thats expected, with the power to weight ratio and all Lol.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good runs man! You car sounds amazing and pulls hard!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Wheel hoppin', IRS piece of ****" Did that guy even know what he was riding in?
Old 12-10-2009, 08:59 AM
12 Second Club

^ That was one of my points. Im an educated man & Im usually pretty good at spotting sarcasm. The guy in the vid sounded like an arrogant douche.

If my suspicions are misplaced then "my bad".

Obviously elite has comprehension issues though. The car/ET in my sig are 1. GONE & 2. were STOCK.

My "5.slow" is not a race car either. Daily driver. Why would a "race car" have a Futura radial on it???

Yes, a dig on the street, with both of us on radials, and Ill suck the blue off that "IRS, wheel-hoppin, piece of **** Vette".
Old 12-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by COMNBYU
^ That was one of my points. Im an educated man & Im usually pretty good at spotting sarcasm. The guy in the vid sounded like an arrogant douche.

If my suspicions are misplaced then "my bad".

Obviously elite has comprehension issues though. The car/ET in my sig are 1. GONE & 2. were STOCK.

My "5.slow" is not a race car either. Daily driver. Why would a "race car" have a Futura radial on it???

Yes, a dig on the street, with both of us on radials, and Ill suck the blue off that "IRS, wheel-hoppin, piece of **** Vette".
the comments in the video were extreme sarcasm, i know this because i know elite and he likes to joke around about what most uneducated people would say realistically, so "ur bad"

also, with ur car not being a race car that doesn't mean it has has as worse off tire setup then elite has. hell at least you have some type of radial under urs with some sidewall and a normal sized rim, not a pair of 19" rims with street tires that are hard as rock with barely any sidewall. but like he said it doesn't matter if that's awful for traction it's the best looking setup for a SHOW car
Old 12-10-2009, 11:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you guys seriously arguing over 11 and 12 second cars?
Old 12-10-2009, 11:41 AM
12 Second Club

^ Ha!

Not all of us have 30k+ tied up in all of our rides. I cant **** with money.

I simply told him Id run him with my POS slow Ford after watching his car & his attitude.

He then tried to jump on a stock 12 sec TA that I dont even have anymore lol....
Old 12-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Teching In

COMNBYU you completely blew this out of proportion, Me and a couple of friends where joking around about the comments taken in the vette, the vette spins and wheel hops on these 19's too. Actually the cobra doesnt even spin that bad at all with the nittos. "humor" BTW I was being a "douche" becasue you called me out when you started talking ****, Im a nice guy but I hate it when people with stock (your car is not stock by any means>"Only modifications are cut-off exhaust and Home Depot cai." And slicks) slow cars try to tell me what things are.If you cant take sarcasm or dont like my video then dont watch it or dont post, thanks!
>>COMNBYU I plan on getting an f-body as a track car (and still a DD) And so does camONLYls1. So that will be my "race car" that will surly pull wheels with h/c 9inch setup. SO I will galdy Drive my car to meet you guys at your local TRACKS to race your fast cars!! Seriuosly I wont have a problem driving to VA.
Thanks guys for the good comments though, damn I got better comments on SVTPerformace with ford guys! LOL

P.S sorry for the **** talking that poped up, I didnt intend on By posting this video....
Old 12-10-2009, 01:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 12-10-2009, 05:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by eliteplb
COMNBYU you completely blew this out of proportion, Me and a couple of friends where joking around about the comments taken in the vette, the vette spins and wheel hops on these 19's too. Actually the cobra doesnt even spin that bad at all with the nittos. "humor" BTW I was being a "douche" becasue you called me out when you started talking ****, Im a nice guy but I hate it when people with stock (your car is not stock by any means>"Only modifications are cut-off exhaust and Home Depot cai." And slicks) slow cars try to tell me what things are.If you cant take sarcasm or dont like my video then dont watch it or dont post, thanks!
>>COMNBYU I plan on getting an f-body as a track car (and still a DD) And so does camONLYls1. So that will be my "race car" that will surly pull wheels with h/c 9inch setup. SO I will galdy Drive my car to meet you guys at your local TRACKS to race your fast cars!! Seriuosly I wont have a problem driving to VA.
Thanks guys for the good comments though, damn I got better comments on SVTPerformace with ford guys! LOL

P.S sorry for the **** talking that poped up, I didnt intend on By posting this video....

Whatever dude. You say youre a cool guy, fine. I dont know you & all I saw was the vid. Im not the only one that thought you sounded like a dick in the vid either.

Why do you keep talking about the TA in my sig???? Its GONE. Been gone. And you talk like thats the only & fastest car Ive ever owned?? Its talk like that that makes you sound like an arrogant douche. I dont talk **** about **** I dont know.

I too hate cocky people & you came off as one after the vid. Thats why I threw out racing...

You say youre not all these things..fine. We'll leave it at that.

Jon

Quick Reply: 2004 Cammed C5 corvette vs pullied cobra vs CBR1000RR