Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

2013 ZL1 (stock) vs 2013 Boss 302 *vid*

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine just bought a 2013 5.0 and with a cold air and tune factory exhaust it put down 400 rwhp.They are putting some strong no.s down.I don't know what the difference is in the boss.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Not surprised, also not surprised over every comment in this thread lol, imo this is like every other zl1 thread i have ever opened lol,nice cars though, whites my color
lol Exactly what i was thinking. The owner of the boss has nothing to lie about, also i think this is the 2nd ZL1 he's put a hurting on if im not mistaken. I remember him talking about beating one before this video was even up. I have a friend with a normal 5.0 with some mods ill see if i get him to run a ZL1 and ill get a video of the bus.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by adamantium
lol Exactly what i was thinking. The owner of the boss has nothing to lie about, also i think this is the 2nd ZL1 he's put a hurting on if im not mistaken. I remember him talking about beating one before this video was even up. I have a friend with a normal 5.0 with some mods ill see if i get him to run a ZL1 and ill get a video of the bus.
aaww man....you're gonna make some heads explode.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1ltcap
that said, i watched the the lead mustang have virtually no trouble pulling out on the lead camaro at mid ohio. he held excellent lines in the turns, as did the camaro, and was easily able to open up some space on the short straights. and this is with the camaro weighing approx. 200# less than the mustang, having a larger displacement engine, being better balanced, and having that good old independent rear suspension.
So what does this heavily restricted circuit racing with different drivers all driving at once have to do with the street cars?
Also, do you have any actual specs on the cars proving which is lighter, and better balanced?

Oh yeah and if you want to bring up more of a street car comparison on a small track, check out Fstock auto-x, 4th gens are still beating/staying even with the new Mustang, and previous gen mustangs aren't even worth mentioning (like usual).
Old 06-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Banned

aaww man....you're gonna make some heads explode.
lol

People on here love to question the info shared when its not to their liking, to help them sleep at night or something.

Im local to these runs, infact i ran a buddies car out on that same rode this sunday. I can guarantee the driver of the BOSS knows what a good or bad driver is.

I like how in the honda vid i posted, they said "Oh but the driver of the boss probably doesn't know how to drive." Now in this vid its the other way around "Pssh the ZL1 needs a driver mod" Same **** different thread in here.

I bet if it was the ZL1 infront no questions would be asked.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

i assume both cars are manuals?

id be pissed if i was that zl1 owner and start modding.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol

People on here love to question the info shared when its not to their liking, to help them sleep at night or something.
I love it how you act like no other forums do this (even though its only a handful of people that do it here, vs a whole damn forum elsewhere) - ever been on other car specific (non-generic) forums? They are 1000X worse, and usually 1000x less knowledgeable about other cars.
I also love how you act like that what is being "questioned" is such a big deal, because quite frankly it is questionable.
If you haven't noticed this is a GM forum, its likely going to be at least a little biased toward GM (again, no where near as bad as most forums).
And lets not forget how much more biased the trolls are here (hence the creation of the mach1 thread for example).
Old 06-18-2012, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
So what does this heavily restricted circuit racing with different drivers all driving at once have to do with the street cars?
Also, do you have any actual specs on the cars proving which is lighter, and better balanced?

Oh yeah and if you want to bring up more of a street car comparison on a small track, check out Fstock auto-x, 4th gens are still beating/staying even with the new Mustang, and previous gen mustangs aren't even worth mentioning (like usual).
i had the rules/regulations page bookmarked. it appears to be down, as i just tried accessing it, and get a 404 error.

http://204.12.108.2/assets/%28GS%29a...ations2012.pdf
Old 06-18-2012, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

I love it how you act like no other forums do this (even though its only a handful of people that do it here, vs a whole damn forum elsewhere) - ever been on other car specific (non-generic) forums? They are 1000X worse, and usually 1000x less knowledgeable about other cars.
I also love how you act like that what is being "questioned" is such a big deal, because quite frankly it is questionable.
If you haven't noticed this is a GM forum, its likely going to be at least a little biased toward GM (again, no where near as bad as most forums).
And lets not forget how much more biased the trolls are here (hence the creation of the mach1 thread for example).
i see a couple REALLY unbiased guys in here. like ltls1(think i got that right), gocart1, ultimateorangeness........
Old 06-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Banned

None of the 5 other forums im on RIGHT NOW, Neither have any of the different car forums ive BEEN on. I've been posting on car forums since i was 16. Seen it all but have yet to see a site like this.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

None of the 5 other forums im on RIGHT NOW, Neither have any of the different car forums ive BEEN on. I've been posting on car forums since i was 16. Seen it all but have yet to see a site like this.
actually camaro5 is pretty ******* bad.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Banned

Jeez, if its worse then this site then id stay far away from it. I get a headache sometimes on here, if it wasn't for the informative tech and drag section i wouldn't even post on here. So many ignorant members on here that ruin this site.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Jeez, if its worse then this site then id stay far away from it. I get a headache sometimes on here, if it wasn't for the informative tech and drag section i wouldn't even post on here. So many ignorant members on here that ruin this site.
well.....you see, tp get a little leeway over there, but don't DARE say anything bad about their god al op. i got a 2 week suspension for that. then once the suspension was over, i'd gotten a pm from some schmuck telling me i should try to fit in better.
now, bear in mind, i'd made a couple posts offering repair advice, and had pretty much said there, what i say here......but anyway, he said to try to fit in better.
so my reply to him was "how would you suggest i fit in better, considering i've not done anything wrong?"

that got me a ban.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Banned

well.....you see, tp get a little leeway over there, but don't DARE say anything bad about their god al op. i got a 2 week suspension for that. then once the suspension was over, i'd gotten a pm from some schmuck telling me i should try to fit in better.
now, bear in mind, i'd made a couple posts offering repair advice, and had pretty much said there, what i say here......but anyway, he said to try to fit in better.
so my reply to him was "how would you suggest i fit in better, considering i've not done anything wrong?"

that got me a ban.
lol troll them and leave, they sound like a buncha phaggots. Who in the hell suggests to "try to fit in" in a forum?
Old 06-18-2012, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

lol troll them and leave, they sound like a buncha phaggots. Who in the hell suggests to "try to fit in" in a forum?
if i could access it, i'd get the name of the guy that pm'd me that....and even the post that got me the original suspension. it's probably better off. there's a few guys here that seem pretty closed minded....but for the most part, most of the guys here seem pretty decent to chat with. i enjoy it, and would someday like to meet some of them.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

i had the rules/regulations page bookmarked. it appears to be down, as i just tried accessing it, and get a 404 error.

http://204.12.108.2/assets/%28GS%29a...ations2012.pdf
So in other words you have nothing to back up anything you said, and you are probably full of crap, like most of your posts?

Which other sites if you don't mind saying?
It seems just about every Mustang and Honda forums are terrible about it and come up with the funniest excuses (hp/ for example). VW sites seem to be the worst now with all the hellaflush teenagers. - hell I remember there was a thread on here at one time with funny links to other forums being stupid (again Mustang, Honda and VW mostly)
Here you will mostly see someone saying something to **** the trolls off, and others take it seriously.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

So in other words you have nothing to back up anything you said, and you are probably full of crap, like most of your posts?

It seems just about every Mustang and Honda forums are terrible about it and come up with the funniest excuses (hp/ for example). VW sites seem to be the worst now with all the hellaflush teenagers. - hell I remember there was a thread on here at one time with funny links to other forums being stupid (again Mustang, Honda and VW mostly)
Here you will mostly see someone saying something to **** the trolls off, and others take it seriously.
when they get that site back up, i will have facts to back up my......facts.

both cars have air intake restrictors. last year the camaro didn't. but then the camaro won 1 under a caution, and the other when the lead mustang was taken out in an accident.
so far, this year, the camaro's won none, to the mustang's two. both have 21 gallon fuel cells, both have 3.73 rears, the camaro weighs nearly 200 pounds less than the mustang. the camaro uses a bosch ecu, the mustang uses a ford ecu. the mustang is factory built, the camaro isn't.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

makes me laugh reading all the butt hurt gm guys in here. All making excuses as to why the camaro lost and why it should have won.. Yes the camaro is heavier, nothing you can do about that. This is what gm gave us to work with.

Some of you guys should just give credit where credit is due...
Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 PM
TECH Junkie

I havent paid attention much to camaro 5 in recent months, but back when my buddy was looking at 5th gen's we were on there every day.

Mostly a bunch of guys in their 40's and 50's that are convinced their car is the single greatest thing on 4 wheels and can't be told otherwise all convinced that "my midlife crisis is better than yours...."

That being said, there are some great/knowledgable/original guys over there too, but there is defnitely some rampant dooshery.

Last edited by MasterTomos; 06-18-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Banned

Theturboforums.com
jdmsouth.com
honda-tech.com
nwp4life.com
k20a.org

You're very wrong (i have my reasons for believing so). Even though it is YOUR opinion. Ill just agree to disagree with you.

Quick Reply: 2013 ZL1 (stock) vs 2013 Boss 302 *vid*