Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

2013 ZL1 (stock) vs 2013 Boss 302 *vid*

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 01:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackpony
makes me laugh reading all the butt hurt gm guys in here. All making excuses as to why the camaro lost and why it should have won.. Yes the camaro is heavier, nothing you can do about that. This is what gm gave us to work with.

Some of you guys should just give credit where credit is due...
I think the ones that can accept it have. As for some of the others, maybe your wasting your time.

Ford built a mustang that rolls out.. I think it's about time. I just think its a little funny that now that the 5.0s came out all the Ford fanboys are crawling all over ls1tech, youtube, and who knows where else and act like the mustang has spanking our *** for years.

GM never made a Camaro with forced induction until now, so comparing our cars to the shelbys never made much sense, but now that they have its heavy too, kinda shot itself in the foot a bit as far as straight line performance is concerned. The 5.0 looks good (ok, not all of them) and it performs. Congratulations. Just keep in mind you weren't here a few years ago posting videos of stock 3 valves kicking our 10 year old technology asses.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:37 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
I havent paid attention much to camaro 5 in recent months, but back when my buddy was looking at 5th gen's we were on there every day.

Mostly a bunch of guys in their 40's and 50's that are convinced their car is the single greatest thing on 4 wheels and can't be told otherwise all convinced that "my midlife crisis is better than yours...."

That being said, there are some great/knowledgable/original guys over there too, but there is defnitely some rampant dooshery.
Well, consider this. The forum probably reflects 5th gen drivers for the most part. Bunch of them are either old guys that probably do think their stock 5th gen is the ****, or young and dumb teenagers that don't know **** either. Again, not saying there aren't knowledgeable people there, just pointing out that all it takes are some old guys and dumb teenagers to **** it up for everybody.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1ltcap
when they get that site back up, i will have facts to back up my......facts.
K
both cars have air intake restrictors. last year the camaro didn't. but then the camaro won 1 under a caution, and the other when the lead mustang was taken out in an accident.
so far, this year, the camaro's won none, to the mustang's two. both have 21 gallon fuel cells, both have 3.73 rears, the camaro weighs nearly 200 pounds less than the mustang. the camaro uses a bosch ecu, the mustang uses a ford ecu. the mustang is factory built, the camaro isn't.
Not really sure why you bothered typing all this out as it is pretty much meaningless.

Originally Posted by adamantium
Theturboforums.com
jdmsouth.com
honda-tech.com
nwp4life.com
k20a.org

You're very wrong (i have my reasons for believing so). Even though it is YOUR opinion. Ill just agree to disagree with you.
The only "mass specific car" car forum you posted there was honda-tech (which definitely has had its share of hardcore fanboys - not sure how it is now) The rest are either generic car forums, local forums or just really small.
Whats honestly so bad about LS1tech specifically compared to other car specific fourms (not generic forums, brand specific like honda-tech)?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG

The only "mass specific car" car forum you posted there was honda-tech (which definitely has had its share of hardcore fanboys - not sure how it is now) The rest are either generic car forums, local forums or just really small.
Whats honestly so bad about LS1tech specifically compared to other car specific fourms (not generic forums, brand specific like honda-tech)?
The ignorance.

New vid of that same boss vs a "full bolt on" GT500

http://www.jdmtube.com/video/294/GT5...-Street-Racing

Quotes from the owner of the boss below.

Originally Posted by julio_boss
I lost to the gt500 by .5-1 car by end of forth. Missed fifth and he flew away lol
Originally Posted by julio_boss
Gt500 is full bolt on/pully/tune.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

The ignorance.
Ignorance about what? Where? Give examples please.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Ignorance about what? Where? Give examples please.
Since you're curious, its usually the ignorance to anything that is outside of the box in terms of mods or even the mass amount of brand mongering on here. We are all on here cause we are fans of GM, but thinking anything that's not GM is ****, its just ignorance.

Last edited by adamantium; 06-19-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2014 ZL1 !
Heard they added a little more weight and kept the same power though

Old 06-19-2012, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by quik01ss
2014 ZL1 !
Heard they added a little more weight and kept the same power though

is that gun optional?
Old 06-20-2012, 12:31 AM
TECH Resident

is that gun optional?
I hope so, bet it kills the handling.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol Exactly what i was thinking. The owner of the boss has nothing to lie about, also i think this is the 2nd ZL1 he's put a hurting on if im not mistaken. I remember him talking about beating one before this video was even up. I have a friend with a normal 5.0 with some mods ill see if i get him to run a ZL1 and ill get a video of the bus.
Actually he does have a reason to lie since he beat a car that should be faster although I'm not saying that he is but he has yet to post his true Hp.
lol

People on here love to question the info shared when its not to their liking, to help them sleep at night or something.

Im local to these runs, infact i ran a buddies car out on that same rode this sunday. I can guarantee the driver of the BOSS knows what a good or bad driver is.

I like how in the honda vid i posted, they said "Oh but the driver of the boss probably doesn't know how to drive." Now in this vid its the other way around "Pssh the ZL1 needs a driver mod" Same **** different thread in here.

I bet if it was the ZL1 infront no questions would be asked.
Sort like how a lot of peolpe question how the ZL1 can beat the GT500 twice? Also since you claim that the driver of the BOSS knows a good driver when he sees one yet his other buddy jumped on here and said ol'boy in the ZL1 can shift for crap.
i see a couple REALLY unbiased guys in here. like ltls1(think i got that right), gocart1, ultimateorangeness........
Really after all we've been through and I didn't make the list, that makes me
Old 06-20-2012, 02:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Since you're curious, its usually the ignorance to anything that is outside of the box in terms of mods or even the mass amount of brand mongering on here. We are all on here cause we are fans of GM, but thinking anything that's not GM is ****, its just ignorance.
Be careful when throwing rocks in your little glass house.......
Old 06-20-2012, 08:23 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bill12690
I hope so, bet it kills the handling.
yea, but do you really need to handle that well, if you can eliminate the competition?
Old 06-20-2012, 08:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by firebird99
Actually he does have a reason to lie since he beat a car that should be faster although I'm not saying that he is but he has yet to post his true Hp.

Sort like how a lot of peolpe question how the ZL1 can beat the GT500 twice? Also since you claim that the driver of the BOSS knows a good driver when he sees one yet his other buddy jumped on here and said ol'boy in the ZL1 can shift for crap.

Really after all we've been through and I didn't make the list, that makes me
you're on there too. i was posting in a hurry, and they came to mind first......
Old 06-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Banned

Be careful when throwing rocks in your little glass house.......

What are you talking about? You're the one who's life goal seems to be defending a car you don't even own on the internet, because you're a GM monger. If you're gonna try to be cheeky atleast have some type of facts to back it up, im the last person to accuse of being ignorant.

Man, are you retarded?

The boss weighs 500lbs less and makes 50-60whp less.

Give it up already.

Vid is proof, what happened, happened. Deal with it.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

yea, but do you really need to handle that well, if you can eliminate the competition?
Just sayin'
Old 06-20-2012, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bill12690
GM never made a Camaro with forced induction until now, so comparing our cars to the shelbys never made much sense, but now that they have its heavy too, kinda shot itself in the foot a bit as far as straight line performance is concerned.

But it is ok to compare the mustang to a vette? That would be like saying its not fair to compare the mustang to a camaro because it has less cubic inches...

The 5.0 looks good (ok, not all of them) and it performs. Congratulations. Just keep in mind you weren't here a few years ago posting videos of stock 3 valves kicking our 10 year old technology asses.
The biggest problem with ford, is they are i guess scared of cubic inches. They have almost always had less ci. I do think it is cool that they are able to take 20% less ci and no power adder and beat a much larger engine with a blower.. Some want to complain about the weight, this is what the manufactures are giving us, lets not make excuses as to why something diddent win. Right now we have apples to apples. ss vs 5.0, zl1 vs gt500, v6 vs v6. Ford has finally figured out how to make killer power.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

actually, they re-discovered how to make killer power.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

15 to 20 years of that ford *** getting beat down and one year of re-discovered killer power takes that all away LOL yes you are a ford nuttswinger or more like a old dingle berry LOL
Old 06-20-2012, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Since you're curious, its usually the ignorance to anything that is outside of the box in terms of mods
I have to disagree on this as well, all the popular mods today started out as "out side the box" mods and then have proven themselves with results. Can you post a couple threads for example, because honestly I can't think of any. (should be easy to do for you with how bad you claim it to be)
or even the mass amount of brand mongering on here. We are all on here cause we are fans of GM, but thinking anything that's not GM is ****, its just ignorance.
While there have been a handful of GM nutswingers through out the years (again this is a GM site, so i don't see what the big deal is) its no where near the level other forums have - and honestly evenly countered by the other brand nutswingers/trolls we have in the SRK section.
Check out other fourms that have kill sections or other sections that could stir things up.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ZeeSNuttS
15 to 20 years of that ford *** getting beat down and one year of re-discovered killer power takes that all away LOL yes you are a ford nuttswinger or more like a old dingle berry LOL
yea, 'cause ford never kicked anyones *** in the 50's or 60's. forget 70's, they all sucked.

Quick Reply: 2013 ZL1 (stock) vs 2013 Boss 302 *vid*