Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

2013 ZL1 (stock) vs 2013 Boss 302 *vid*

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
I have to disagree on this as well, all the popular mods today started out as "out side the box" mods and then have proven themselves with results. Can you post a couple threads for example, because honestly I can't think of any. (should be easy to do for you with how bad you claim it to be)

While there have been a handful of GM nutswingers through out the years (again this is a GM site, so i don't see what the big deal is) its no where near the level other forums have - and honestly evenly countered by the other brand nutswingers/trolls we have in the SRK section.
Check out other fourms that have kill sections or other sections that could stir things up.
I said this before i edited my previous post towards you.

That is fine. Disagree with me, its no skin off my back.

Honestly, who cares if im not a huge fan of this site?

Does it bother you that much?

You're seriously going to sit here and try to alter my opinion by stating or posting your opinion? Get over it.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Firebird, how did I toot my own horn? By saying the other driver is an experienced driver? Lol. I have no reason to lie about my power, I dyno'd 420/351 in 4th so maybe in 5th which is my 1:1 gear I'll Dyno a couple hp more. But dynos are just numbers so they are pointless unless me and him Dyno same place, same time. I didn't post earlier because I don't frequent this forum. But I'll be sure to check it incase any one else has more questions if anyone is local with a zl1 and wants to try it out, I'm more than willing. I'm looking to run one tuned to see the difference or with a pully. I have a run set up vs a 2013 gt500 soon so we could see the difference.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Julio_BOSS
Firebird, how did I toot my own horn? By saying the other driver is an experienced driver? Lol. I have no reason to lie about my power, I dyno'd 420/351 in 4th so maybe in 5th which is my 1:1 gear I'll Dyno a couple hp more. But dynos are just numbers so they are pointless unless me and him Dyno same place, same time. I didn't post earlier because I don't frequent this forum. But I'll be sure to check it incase any one else has more questions if anyone is local with a zl1 and wants to try it out, I'm more than willing. I'm looking to run one tuned to see the difference or with a pully. I have a run set up vs a 2013 gt500 soon so we could see the difference.
you're not gonna convince anyone, unless you post a pic of your dyno run. then they'll say you messed with the image. a video of the dyno run may help though.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by 1ltcap
you're not gonna convince anyone, unless you post a pic of your dyno run. then they'll say you messed with the image. a video of the dyno run may help though.
lol well im not going to dyno again to prove myself unless someone wants to pay for it.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
I said this before i edited my previous post towards you.

That is fine. Disagree with me, its no skin off my back.

Honestly, who cares if im not a huge fan of this site?

Does it bother you that much?

You're seriously going to sit here and try to alter my opinion by stating or posting your opinion? Get over it.
Couldn't find anything could ya?
But seriously relax guy. Its sounds to me like you are just butthurt over something.... Why be here if you don't like it?
Old 06-21-2012, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackpony
But it is ok to compare the mustang to a vette? That would be like saying its not fair to compare the mustang to a camaro because it has less cubic inches...

The biggest problem with ford, is they are i guess scared of cubic inches. They have almost always had less ci. I do think it is cool that they are able to take 20% less ci and no power adder and beat a much larger engine with a blower.. Some want to complain about the weight, this is what the manufactures are giving us, lets not make excuses as to why something diddent win. Right now we have apples to apples. ss vs 5.0, zl1 vs gt500, v6 vs v6. Ford has finally figured out how to make killer power.
No, not really ok to compare the mustang to the vette. At least not then anyway. I think its based on a price-point. I think cars should be compared with other cars of around the same price range.

And lets not make excuses???? It's not an excuse dude, its a fat *** pig, that doesn't mean its an "excuse". Its a simple fact. I'm not *** hurt because it weighs 4k lbs+, but thats also one reason I don't own a 5th gen.

Something else it seems like people are missing here is the mods on the Boss. I realize its an intake and mid-pipe and tune, and thats it.. But the same amount of money towards the ZL1, you could pulley it. Just like the beauty of the terminators..

Last edited by bill12690; 06-21-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Couldn't find anything could ya?
But seriously relax guy. Its sounds to me like you are just butthurt over something.... Why be here if you don't like it?
Yep, you got me bro.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What are you talking about? You're the one who's life goal seems to be defending a car you don't even own on the internet, because you're a GM monger. If you're gonna try to be cheeky atleast have some type of facts to back it up, im the last person to accuse of being ignorant.

Man, are you retarded?

The boss weighs 500lbs less and makes 50-60whp less.

Give it up already.

Vid is proof, what happened, happened. Deal with it.
Yes there is a vid but there is still no proof of power in boss he said around 420-430 so I guess that's set in stone huh?

As far as "life goals" go thats another fail because you spend just as much time on here doing your best to stroke the stang and trash the camaro, hell you even said you don't really care for this site so that just prove your trolling so move on.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by firebird99
Yes there is a vid but there is still no proof of power in boss he said around 420-430 so I guess that's set in stone huh?

As far as "life goals" go thats another fail because you spend just as much time on here doing your best to stroke the stang and trash the camaro, hell you even said you don't really care for this site so that just prove your trolling so move on.
No im just local to the boss owner, he posts on the same local forum as me and ive seen him at the spot a couple times.

He actually raced a couple of close friends of mine in his old car. I don't care as much for this site because of people like you.

But i can deal, its the internet and i only go on here for entertainment.

Ive posted in here a handful off times, most of which have been responding to posts directed to me... All you've done is speculate....
Old 06-22-2012, 03:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No im just local to the boss owner, he posts on the same local forum as me and ive seen him at the spot a couple times.

He actually raced a couple of close friends of mine in his old car. I don't care as much for this site because of people like you.

But i can deal, its the internet and i only go on here for entertainment.

Ive posted in here a handful off times, most of which have been responding to posts directed to me... All you've done is speculate....
Just because you know someone that knows someone and because you have seen them in public doesn't give you any more credibility.
1. All I did was ask for a dyno sheet to see if he was bs'ing about his power since he wouldnt admit it.
2. Another "local" person that actually knows BOTH drivers even said the driver of the ZL1 can't shift for crap and that could make the difference since we all know what a good driver mod can do.
3. No matter what type of post it is that fact is you spend the time on this site.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You took the time to make a profile then talk about how great of a driver he was then you never responded to one of your buddies when he called you out by saying the guy in the ZL1 can't shift for crap. Also I never said you lied about your power you said "around" 420-430 not this is what it is so I asked for a dyno graph to see if you where bs'ing or not that's not unreasonable to ask for is it? If your car really is that quick good rock on I just wanted to know all the facts sorry if I offended you that was not my intent to do so.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Banned

Just because you know someone that knows someone and because you have seen them in public doesn't give you any more credibility.
1. All I did was ask for a dyno sheet to see if he was bs'ing about his power since he wouldnt admit it.
2. Another "local" person that actually knows BOTH drivers even said the driver of the ZL1 can't shift for crap and that could make the difference since we all know what a good driver mod can do.
3. No matter what type of post it is that fact is you spend the time on this site.
Dude look at your sig....

I have build threads and other interesting threads i follow.

As for everything else, i could careless im just saying he's never lied about any of his mods in any of his car why would he lie now?

Seriously find someone with a ZL1 who lives in miami or in south florida and point him in the right direction. Done deal.

What i find hilarious is evangto has a boss makes low 4's he's chimed in and several people have even chimed in saying the numbers he claims sound dead on. Why is it so hard to believe about a car with 50 less whp with 500lbs less is going to win? you must be retarded if you think weight has no affect on racing.

He ran a full bolt on gt500 that obviously makes more power than the ZL1 and weighs less and the GT500 pulled a car on him....

But this is going no where, im done posting in here.

What ever helps you sleep at night, go with that.

Last edited by adamantium; 06-22-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:10 PM

You took the time to make a profile then talk about how great of a driver he was then you never responded to one of your buddies when he called you out by saying the guy in the ZL1 can't shift for crap. Also I never said you lied about your power you said "around" 420-430 not this is what it is so I asked for a dyno graph to see if you where bs'ing or not that's not unreasonable to ask for is it? If your car really is that quick good rock on I just wanted to know all the facts sorry if I offended you that was not my intent to do so.

and that 1 guy who said he knew erik never said he knew me because i have no idea who he is...he is the only one saying he cant drive, there are a lot more ppl in diff forums who know the owner of the zl1 can drive. that dyno was from one of the pulls, obviously not the best one and it was cut off at 7500 because the dyno sucks. i say around 420-430 because i dynod 420 on 4th gear, 5th gear will yield more power. not more than 430 so it will be around 420-430. and you really dont need to be a race car driver to do a 40 roll..
Old 06-22-2012, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude look at your sig....

I have build threads and other interesting threads i follow.

As for everything else, i could careless im just saying he's never lied about any of his mods in any of his car why would he lie now?

Seriously find someone with a ZL1 who lives in miami or in south florida and point him in the right direction. Done deal.

What i find hilarious is evangto has a boss makes low 4's he's chimed in and several people have even chimed in saying the numbers he claims sound dead on. Why is it so hard to believe about a car with 50 less whp with 500lbs less is going to win? you must be retarded if you think weight has no affect on racing.

He ran a full bolt on gt500 that obviously makes more power than the ZL1 and weighs less and the GT500 pulled a car on him....

But this is going no where, im done posting in here.

What ever helps you sleep at night, go with that.
You don't get the point do you? It wasn't that the car couldn't hit that number just wanted a dyno sheet to prove that maybe it didn't have more the he was telling us why do you act like I'm the first person to ever call for proof of power?People lie all the time and when they get called on it they don't respond this guy did that's all I wanted so stop getting so upset about it.

and that 1 guy who said he knew erik never said he knew me because i have no idea who he is...he is the only one saying he cant drive, there are a lot more ppl in diff forums who know the owner of the zl1 can drive. that dyno was from one of the pulls, obviously not the best one and it was cut off at 7500 because the dyno sucks. i say around 420-430 because i dynod 420 on 4th gear, 5th gear will yield more power. not more than 430 so it will be around 420-430. and you really dont need to be a race car driver to do a 40 roll..
I could see where you would guess on the 420-430 number given the fact that it looks like its starting to go up again before you ended the pull. My question is why dyno in 4th instead of 5th is there an advantage tuning wise or part of your hustle to show a lower number when calling out for a race?
Old 06-22-2012, 07:43 PM

Lol no hustle, would be a bad hustler if I tell ppl it was in forth. I honestly didn't care to see the power but cared to see where it made power. Numbers are numbers. I see the power it's making on the street
Old 06-23-2012, 03:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you take to 8k or higher?
Old 06-23-2012, 02:26 PM
TECH Junkie

God people need to give this **** a rest.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:26 PM

Do you take to 8k or higher?
8k is the limit on my tune
Old 06-23-2012, 04:05 PM

I own a Muistang California special and it moves its much fasteer that most cameros stock to stock it wins 95 % of the time its a power to weight ratio, I put a Kenne Bell supercharger pushing 500 to the grounmg not many vetts can stay with it with the exception of the Z01 nad Z06 and befor everyone gets bent out of shape I also run a vet 2007 and yes the stang is faster Guys facts are facts doesnt mean much to me I like all hot cars always have , Have a 72 stang 393 stroker engine its bad to the bone but right now I am building a 79 Vette as well .
Old 06-23-2012, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

you should sell your cars, and go back to school.

Quick Reply: 2013 ZL1 (stock) vs 2013 Boss 302 *vid*