Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Winter project almost ready begin

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter project almost ready begin

Well this winter has been fairly expensive and needless to say cabin fever has settled in and im ready to begin working on the car. Ive done a lot of things and obtained a lot of parts so far. Last year I broke the 10 bolt and am using a borrowed 10 bolt a buddy had laying around. Decided I dont want that to break ever again and wanted to focus on my 60' times. So I called up MWC and ordered a 9" from them. Had it narrowed 3" per side, full spool, 3.90s and spec'd for 900+whp for future goals. I also ordered there anti roll, lca's, phb and the rear comes with there torque arm.

Beings i had the rear narrowed my prostars no longer worked for the rear, so I ordered a set of weld RTS and now have a 28" et street radial, where last year i had a 26". Then I decided I wanted new front runners and ordered a set of 17" weld alumastar 2.0s anodized black. Also got to looking around as i didnt want a $600 wheel to have a cheap steel shank that rusts, so I got a set of champion cnc billet aluminum lugs which ill show a pic of later. I also got a 2 step and hptuners from a friend, got a 5pt harness to install and put in a sparco seat. I had some airbrush work done to my bottle and changed my hood a little bit. I know some of you will either like or hate it, either way is fine with me. The rear is done with powder and the housing and suspension will ship in the next two weeks and ill begin install. The alumastars had a 3 week wait to ship from summit so I dont have them yet, but heres a few pics of the car and once everything gets here ill take a few more of tear down and after everything is installed.
Attached Thumbnails Winter project almost ready begin-rtswheels.jpg   Winter project almost ready begin-lugs.jpg   Winter project almost ready begin-nitrous-bottle.jpg   Winter project almost ready begin-alumastar.jpg   Winter project almost ready begin-hood.jpg  

Winter project almost ready begin-car.jpg   Winter project almost ready begin-car2.jpg   Winter project almost ready begin-car3.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

heres a random pic of the tow rig, cant wait to see what they look like together once the new wheels are on.
Attached Thumbnails Winter project almost ready begin-truck1.jpg   Winter project almost ready begin-truck.jpg  
Old 03-09-2013, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got the seat, 5pt harness and 2step in yesterday
Attached Thumbnails Winter project almost ready begin-image.jpg  
Old 04-01-2013, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Alumastars finally came in, still waiting on the 9" so i can finish things up and get ready for the track.
Attached Thumbnails Winter project almost ready begin-car6.jpg   Winter project almost ready begin-car7.jpg  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Like the wheel combo and that's the coolest bottle I've seen. Badass tow rig but that airbrushing kills it for me. Just my two cents that don't matter just giving back feed back.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Front of the car looks like it was in a fire from a distance...
Old 04-14-2013, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

got the rear half done and a shot with the rear wheel mocked up.
Attached Thumbnails Winter project almost ready begin-rearend1.jpg   Winter project almost ready begin-car8.jpg  
Old 05-01-2013, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

pretty much all done
Attached Thumbnails Winter project almost ready begin-car10.jpg   Winter project almost ready begin-car11.jpg   Winter project almost ready begin-truck2.jpg  
Old 05-01-2013, 11:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Needs MOAR low! Love the updates though.

Quick Reply: Winter project almost ready begin