Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

my favorite run ever

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my favorite run ever

ever gone "wooohhooo" all the way down the track? I did in this run:

up against one of the cleanest Fbodies I had seen in a long time. KNew I was gonna see nuthin but *** even before I heard the monster wail. This was the first run iof the day on a pretty spring morning with lotsa humidity.

alright so first run of the day, street radials and a burnout is prolly not the best combo if going for NHRA records. This day was about nuthin for fun tho and the 4 people in the stands looked like they needed some excitement. Drive arounds are for ******.

doah! spinnin on greeen! how'd that freakin happen!? oh yeah.. i uhm just kinda mentioned how. sorry bout that.
Screw it. The headers were screamin, the adrenaline was rushin and there was just no need to lay off at that point.

still spinnin and still goion "woooohooooo! yeaaahhhhhhh dats what I saayyyiinnnn!!!" If you havn't gone woohoo in a while. You should do it.
I believe my buddy ran a mid 12. I, on the other hand, came in a very respectible 16.9 at 97mph. Oh yeah, it's like that. cought maybe halfway down da track. My best for the day was 14.2 at 98 if it gives ya an idea of the rush I had goin.
Funnest run in my life.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Banned

Kewl. If a 16 second run trips your trigger, wait till you get into the 11's!
Old 05-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Teching In

It is indeed addicting.
I say now I will stop once I get it in the 12s but I am learning that's a lie. That's when I'll be hooked for life.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love and miss drag racing. There's no automotive sport equal to the rush of adrenline. It's like a slow buildup to a quick release, craziness. I'd compare it to skydiving or bungee jumping, if you have a fast enough car.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

What kind of car do you have grinner?
Old 05-19-2006, 05:37 PM
12 Second Club

its a dodge magnum.......(car in the pics)
Old 05-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Teching In

fun car. Made me a kid again and is single handedly responsible for my starting a TV show called Moddin' Art.
Performance-wise I have added a cold-ait intake, Dynatech long tube headers, magnaflow exhaust, a JetChipII and last weekend I put in ported/polished heads for the 5.7L Hemi. A first as far as I know. I'll take it out tuesday night and see if I can't get in the low 13s.
I have had fun with the aiesthetics too. Shaved the siode moldings, badges, roof rack, rear wiper and rear handle, created a new front end, dropped it with Hotchkkis springs, added a fiberglass scooped hood that feeds the intake directly and have speant alot of time having fun with it. My wife got a grey one just after I got the black one and we hot shows, races and other events as a family. I shoot it all on High Definition and edit it together. It's the first true car enthusiast show because it's the first one made soley by a car enthusiast. Scope out the trailer at http://ModdinArt.com
and I have some video clips, including a tour of my ride here:
http://grinnerhester.com/Magnums.html
I hope to sell the show to SPEED, SpikeTV or Discovery sometime this summer.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

SOunds like a cool show.

Keep it real.

Nice car!
Old 05-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vendetta
There's no automotive sport equal to the rush of adrenline. .
Adrenline comes in many shapes and sizes.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

um speed that sounds good , im gona go hop in my car rite now and hit the back roads.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

woo-hoo 14's
Old 05-20-2006, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

Haven't gone "whooooohooo!!!" in a long time. Mostly it's , "YEAH! THAT FEELS GOOD" or sometimes" D^%$##$%&% son&*(^%$%!!!! why'd I do that!, and once, a couple of years ago.." This is gonna hurt..."
Old 05-20-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I did a YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! pulling out of the parking lot yesterday(no traffic). Floored it doing a tight right turn, slid through both lanes of traffic tires spinning, steering locked the opposited direction, smoke spewin, and sliding sideways for 200'
Old 05-20-2006, 05:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by grinner
It is indeed addicting.
I say now I will stop once I get it in the 12s but I am learning that's a lie. That's when I'll be hooked for life.

haha im in the same boat im in the 12's right now but im shooting for 11's now who knows if im gonna stop there
Old 05-21-2006, 01:30 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by camaroextra
woo-hoo 14's
hahaha
Old 05-21-2006, 02:51 AM
On The Tree

You know.. some of y'all are making fun of him for enjoying the sport of drag racing... Does it really matter that his car runs 13- 14 secs/ Mine only runs mid 13's, but I bet you I'm grinning ear to ear every time I go to the track...
Cut the guy some slack... Here he is, Very happy about his day at the track, and some of y'all are getting on him about his times?
What was your first time like?

KevinD
Old 05-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Teching In

oh theyre just givin me some jabs. Understandable. Tehse are very laughable times that I posted.
To get a magnum R/T toward the 12s with no nitrous or supercharger is really no easy thing to do, though. I dunno know anyone who has, honestly.
I have seen several SRT8s in the 12s but the only R/T I have ever heard of in the 12's is an advertisment car that's been blown since day one and finely tuned since.
I reallly do expect mid to low 13s next time out and once I swap the cams out, I'll be peckin at the 12s. I beleive just runnin on stock 18s would get me there at that point. I've been runnin on 20s.