Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Best cam-corder for vids.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best cam-corder for vids.....

Im about to buy a cam-corder, im just wondering what is better to have as far as sound, vid. quality , and the easiest to transfer on the computer and edit......DVD, miniDV , memory sticks, help me out guys, im not really up to date on this ****.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

niether am i but we need a price limit first!
Old 07-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Get the camcorder with the 40 gig HD, that will be the easiest way to transfer your vids to computer. built in HD its the new thing I believe.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Tally_96ws6
Get the camcorder with the 40 gig HD, that will be the easiest way to transfer your vids to computer. built in HD its the new thing I believe.
I agree i really like camcorder with 3CCD Technology

peace
Old 07-18-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

somewhere around the $600 or less range
Old 07-18-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I work at bestbuy selling cameras part time. 3CCD cameras are very expensive, but the quality is unmatched for a hand held. There are basically three formats available right now, DVC, DVD, and internal hard drive. Pick a camera that would be right for you. DVD format cameras are limited in that the average DVD disc *mini disK* can only hold about 30 min of footage before you need to switch it out with a new disk. The solution to that is get a DVDRW capable camcorder, but that's more $$. For your purpose, I'd recommend an internal hard drive, because you'll be using your computer a lot with editting and making videos and transferring information. For that, try samsungs or panasonics internal hardrive camcorders, I forget the part # off my head. Up front they might seem expensive when compared to mini dvc or dvd camcorders, but the digital harddrive eliminates the hassle of carrying extra tapes/discs and worrying about running out of tape. However, that doesn't mean that the hardrive is endless. Most good camcorders out there that have internal hardrives, ::there aren't that many by the way, as they were semi recently introduced to the market,:: have around 60 gigs of internal space. This can translate into anywhere from 3 to 6 hours of recording time depending on quality of the picture being shot in. It's up to you though, for me, I'd go with a 3ccd sony Z1 camcorder, but that's around 2K+ and for amateur filmaking , because I believe the quality of a tape *DVC* will always be better than a digital format when you narrow it down. That in no way is saying that digital hardrive formats derive quality from the picture, I'm just talking on a much larger, or smaller scale. Good luck with whatever you choose!
Old 07-18-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah , i drive the home delivery truck for Best Buy....Thanx for the help man, ive been looking at the Samsung SC-X210L , its small and has an internal hard-drive, ive been trying to find out how the vid. and sound quality is on it
Old 07-18-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

2k price **eyes buldging out** lol

i know i should buy one....but 600 bucks is enough for HPTuners.... desicions desicions
Old 07-18-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Addict

When I bought mine I didn't even look at ones that didn't have 3CCD's.

For information check out - http://www.camcorderinfo.com/ This guy really know's his stuff and goes out of his way to really test the different camcorders. Just put in your limit and it'll bring up the best camcorder's for that price.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Arent does with HD builtin very sensative? and easy for something to mess up if dropped?