Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

gnarly Z burnout

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 12:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default gnarly Z burnout

This is a friend of mine's Z.....lots of mods at one point it was making 575rwhp, but its been down for awhile and is now back up! this is rude as ****

Right click save as: http://home.csumb.edu/b/berenjiryank/world/fatty.mov
Old 10-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Staging Lane

clean. got any pics of the inner fender wall after?
Old 10-02-2006, 01:02 AM
12 Second Club

na here is a pic of his car though, its one of the cleanest 300zxs ive seen
Old 10-02-2006, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks pretty good, my bro got one too but he likes to keep it lookin like stock, expect the wheels and B&B Exhaust, my computer going slow now so ill post a few pics up and a video or two when i get back form class
Old 10-02-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

and a video...

http://www.smalltownecho.com/1/z2.avi

http://www.smalltownecho.com/1/z.avi

I dont know all his mods but its got a fully built engine and drivetrain + some, runs like 430HP @13PSI I think.

Last edited by LS1IMPULSE; 10-02-2006 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

my friends is prob similar...at 21psi he was makin 575rwhp, right now he is bc off and me and him need to race. we think ill take him but that car is stripped down and only weighs like 3100lbs...its pretty much a race car
Old 10-02-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Nice man & why don't ya race him to see how its gonna turn out

peace
Old 10-02-2006, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

my car fell apart again =\
Old 10-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Here some of mine http://rides.webshots.com/album/381403810mtGueo
Old 10-02-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

nice burnout
Old 10-02-2006, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

i thought more people would hate on this cuz i tricked em...didnt really out right mention it wasnt an lsx based Z but a 300zx..which is a good thing, this z is rude
Old 10-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by VaNDaL*SS*
i thought more people would hate on this cuz i tricked em...didnt really out right mention it wasnt an lsx based Z but a 300zx..which is a good thing, this z is rude
I was actually happy to see a 300ZX burnout when I opened it. I don't have a LSX powered car either but a 300ZX. I just love all cars. How does he like the center mount instead of the side mounts???
Old 10-02-2006, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

he needs the fmic inorder to get the proper cooling for how much boost he pushes
Old 10-03-2006, 01:10 AM
Launching!

he needs the fmic inorder to get the proper cooling for how much boost he pushes

Actually most people in the Z32 community reccommend side mounts for anything under 800RWHP.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:30 AM
12 Second Club

shows what i know...was making an assumption on that
Old 10-03-2006, 05:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Actually most people in the Z32 community reccommend side mounts for anything under 800RWHP.
That is because the Z32 Nissan designers made the car have better cooling with sidemounts. That is why I asked how he liked it. Stillen makes some nice side mounts but they are mad expensive.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Lol, I wouldn't say most people in the Z community prefer side mounts for anything under 800rwhp, that is far from accurate information. In fact, most people in the USA Z community despise a FMIC no matter what the application, even if you're flirting with big HP. The following are the reasons FMIC are not the preferred set up of choice for the Z32 in most peoples opinions:
-most FMIC for the Z are designed horribly(apollo, greddy,border etc..) with long horizontal cores that are hard to get adequate air flow to and not only that the long cores create an extreme amount of pressure drop as air flows through the core.
- the horizontal style FMIC disrupts the "cross flow" design of the factory intake manifold design.
-The biggest gripe is that it blocks too much air to the radiator and oil cooler casuing overheating problems(The z engine bay gets very hot as it is).
-Another concern is that generally with a FMIC set up there will be more piping and more couplers creating more chances for boost leaks to form.
-Generally, the Z community is composed of older, more mature people who plain just do not like the looks of having a fmic(too ricey), and prefer the subtle look of the hidden SMICs.

I for one cannot see how having two AIR TO AIR side mount ICs hidden/tucked up in the front bumper, with no more then 1/2 of the charge face/core exposed to direct air flow(no matter how good your ducts are), can possibly be more efficient in the cooling of charged air then a IC set up in the direct path of air flow, also with proper air guides/ducting.

For my car and my setup I wouldn't run anything but a properly deigned FMIC, but that is just me. I f you set your car up to run with a fmic and purchase a QUALITY, correctly designed FMIC, you will have no problems. I know I don't
Old 10-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Lol, I wouldn't say most people in the Z community prefer side mounts for anything under 800rwhp, that is far from accurate information. In fact, most people in the USA Z community despise a FMIC no matter what the application, even if you're flirting with big HP. The following are the reasons FMIC are not the preferred set up of choice for the Z32 in most peoples opinions:
-most FMIC for the Z are designed horribly(apollo, greddy,border etc..) with long horizontal cores that are hard to get adequate air flow to and not only that the long cores create an extreme amount of pressure drop as air flows through the core.
- the horizontal style FMIC disrupts the "cross flow" design of the factory intake manifold design.
-The biggest gripe is that it blocks too much air to the radiator and oil cooler casuing overheating problems(The z engine bay gets very hot as it is).
-Another concern is that generally with a FMIC set up there will be more piping and more couplers creating more chances for boost leaks to form.
-Generally, the Z community is composed of older, more mature people who plain just do not like the looks of having a fmic(too ricey), and prefer the subtle look of the hidden SMICs.

I for one cannot see how having two AIR TO AIR side mount ICs hidden/tucked up in the front bumper, with no more then 1/2 of the charge face/core exposed to direct air flow(no matter how good your ducts are), can possibly be more efficient in the cooling of charged air then a IC set up in the direct path of air flow, also with proper air guides/ducting.

For my car and my setup I wouldn't run anything but a properly deigned FMIC, but that is just me. I f you set your car up to run with a fmic and purchase a QUALITY, correctly designed FMIC, you will have no problems. I know I don't
Most of that is correct. Though currently the best flowing SMICs are Ash's MASSIVE SMIC's which flow a total of 854CFM's which is adequate to around 800RWHP on a VG30. All of the 300ZXs making over 800RWHP are using FMICs. Heres a better explanation of the crossflow by Ash him self...
http://twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.asp...msg_id=1760452
Old 10-03-2006, 03:54 PM
12 Second Club

Most of that is correct. Though currently the best flowing SMICs are Ash's MASSIVE SMIC's which flow a total of 854CFM's which is adequate to around 800RWHP on a VG30. All of the 300ZXs making over 800RWHP are using FMICs. Heres a better explanation of the crossflow by Ash him self...
http://twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.asp...msg_id=1760452
Thanks, I've seen every post by Ash and am I quite aware of what's current in Z community. This is my car and I am posting under my friends acct. being that I don't have one here. All of what I wrote is correct; I never made mention of what's the best flowing IC out on the market. I stated what I prefer and what works best for me. Here is a Z with more then 800rwhp using an off the shelf, common SMIC, fyi:http://sgpracing-store.stores.yahoo.net/jas9330tt.html

Last edited by VaNDaL*SS*; 10-03-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I dont know as much about them as my bro but from what he has told me the Side Mounted IC's work a little better, but then he also thinks the FMIC's are kinda ricey showing out the front so I doubt he would use one anyways.