repost
Old 01-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But a good repost
Old 01-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Launching!

That is so dumb, why dont they put a dyno tune and intake on the GT. Should of been a stock vs. stock race.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by RacerScott
That is so dumb, why dont they put a dyno tune and intake on the GT. Should of been a stock vs. stock race.
You happen to miss the part where the Z06 is half the cost of the GT? Or the fact that it rapped the GT? The video said that it put down 488 to the wheels and 450ish TQ, that is WEAK, most stock Z06s put down 470s bone stock and the dyno comparison CHP did a year or so ago showed a whole 7rwhp gain from an aftermarket filter on the Z06. Either way you look at it the Z06 would have still romped that GT's ***.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
You happen to miss the part where the Z06 is half the cost of the GT? Or the fact that it rapped the GT? The video said that it put down 488 to the wheels and 450ish TQ, that is WEAK, most stock Z06s put down 470s bone stock and the dyno comparison CHP did a year or so ago showed a whole 7rwhp gain from an aftermarket filter on the Z06. Either way you look at it the Z06 would have still romped that GT's ***.
Your kidding 470! Try around 450. The GT wasnt even broken in yet the car is now 6xxrwhp.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Teching In

get your head out of your ***, stock for stock the GT is faster!!!! EVERYONE knows that. Ummm lets seee Genaddi did a pulley/exhaust/tune and the GT put down 700+ HP You are so pathetic bringing up the cost factor just like every GM guy I have ever talked to. Sorry FORD built a rare supercar what is the top speed of the Z06 LOL

LET's see FORD GT 0-186mph-----33.6 seconds
Corvette Z060-186mph-----------41.8 seconds

Lets see thats an 8 second DIFFERENCE and that is huge.

Oh and heres the info to back it up...http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...mancestats.jpg

You can compare these cars all day 0-140 but these are SUPERCARS these cars are made for high speeds so run them high speeds and there is a totally different story

SOOOOO 1slow01Z71=
Old 01-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by 67maro
Your kidding 470! Try around 450. The GT wasnt even broken in yet the car is now 6xxrwhp.
Do you read GM High-Tech? Also two local Z06s here in Austin dynoed 468 and 473 and mid 450s tq. Its amazing how a Z06 with a cam and tune can hit 550 with nothing else done, the power is there stock. Point blank, everyone knows the 505 rating is WAAY underated and since you lose all of maybe 10hp the manual(being very generous) how are you figuring an 11% driveline loss even figuring an honest 505chp? Ok the GT has over 600rwhp, some bolt ons, cam and intake and the Z06 will be murdering the GT for 60K less. We can go on and on all day so Ill cut it short here. Have fun believing whatever I know what I have seen and read(from a reputable mag) point blank.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Do you read GM High-Tech? Also two local Z06s here in Austin dynoed 468 and 473 and mid 450s tq. Its amazing how a Z06 with a cam and tune can hit 550 with nothing else done, the power is there stock. Point blank, everyone knows the 505 rating is WAAY underated and since you lose all of maybe 10hp the manual(being very generous) how are you figuring an 11% driveline loss even figuring an honest 505chp? Ok the GT has over 600rwhp, some bolt ons, cam and intake and the Z06 will be murdering the GT for 60K less. We can go on and on all day so Ill cut it short here. Have fun believing whatever I know what I have seen and read(from a reputable mag) point blank.

Price talk again....
Old 01-13-2007, 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

omg I love the ford GT Im a ford guy, I love the Z06! its a ******* incredible car! but facts are facts stock vs stock the GT wins. Hold on lets throw in the its double the price it better be faster. Ok well guess what if they used some better stuff it would be more expensive the GT is nicer and faster and had more time put into it and is waaay more rare. I mean cmon on a floor made of bolsa wood? They could have used more time and better materials and it would be price to price right up there with the GT, you pay for what you get. Ok lets throw in the "oh well ford had to throw on a s/c" omg who gives a **** stfu chevy used 7.0 L Im not complaining. Now lets throw in well who leaves these cars stock, well duh most people that can afford a GT will leave it stock, what was that 1000WHP+ on stock engine and stock fuel system...yeah yeah it was, see both cars can be incredible modified, **** for half the cost of a z06 bet ya could build a Fbody ls1 that would rape it, but guess what its still just another Fbody, same thing with the z06 you can mod it to rape a GT but guess what its still just another vette and thats that...
Old 01-13-2007, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

So lets do this agree to disagree! Such a hard things now a days. Hell I want a GT waaay more than a Z06 but I probably wont be able to afford one anytime soon but a new Z06 I may, and I would still buy that because its a bad *** car, but lets not kid ourselves its no GT
Old 01-13-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
omg I love the ford GT Im a ford guy, I love the Z06! its a ******* incredible car! but facts are facts stock vs stock the GT wins. Hold on lets throw in the its double the price it better be faster. Ok well guess what if they used some better stuff it would be more expensive the GT is nicer and faster and had more time put into it and is waaay more rare. I mean cmon on a floor made of bolsa wood? They could have used more time and better materials and it would be price to price right up there with the GT, you pay for what you get. Ok lets throw in the "oh well ford had to throw on a s/c" omg who gives a **** stfu chevy used 7.0 L Im not complaining. Now lets throw in well who leaves these cars stock, well duh most people that can afford a GT will leave it stock, what was that 1000WHP+ on stock engine and stock fuel system...yeah yeah it was, see both cars can be incredible modified, **** for half the cost of a z06 bet ya could build a Fbody ls1 that would rape it, but guess what its still just another Fbody, same thing with the z06 you can mod it to rape a GT but guess what its still just another vette and thats that...
amen!
Old 01-13-2007, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Jesus, a bunch of cry babies on here sometimes.

I'll be the first to say...i don't give a damn.
People are going to like what they want to like.
I like them both, but no 2 people on this damn planet are the same.

The Z06's price is brought up because the frame of mind is this: For all that extra money that the GT costs it could go into mods. Who gives a **** if it's rare, so what if it's shaped different and it's got a lil' history behind it with some fancy badges....so what. I personally couldn't care about the floor being made of balsa wood (...it's light....i know), unless ***** and candy fly out of it every time i open the door, i don't want to hear it.

You also have to understand that you're amount of performance/per dollar ratio is what motivates a lot of buyers and enthusiasts.

If you're rich and want something quick and flashy where you want to be starred at on the road by EVERY one, and have a ton of money to **** away. Then the GT is definitely the choice. No one will mistake it for a base model of some sort...

The Z06 on the other hand looks like a regular C6 at a glance, most people can't tell them apart. BUT it has amazing performance for the dollar, it has an ENORMOUS aftermarket behind it. It's more rational and reachable by more of the population of car enthusiasts. Where in-lies the rationality behind a lot of the comments about Z06s' being the better buy. Why? it doesn't fall too short of other super cars numbers, and beats quite a few. And who the **** cares about numbers at 186mph?? When will most people EVER test that? Exactly, most people will NEVER do it. The WHOLE concept of the Z06 is to have Super-car like performance without the price.

Hell, Termin8r or however his name goes beat that GT in his f-bod. What are you going to do? stand back and cry about the classic 'ricer' "ifs" "Well, if we were racing at blah blah blah" ...no one wants to hear it, the driving factor there is... super-car got beat by a car that's worth 1/10th the price. End of story.

So to summarize:
This argument in the thread is solely based on a bang for the buck frame of mind, and the fact that people are taking it out of that perspective is what is causing people to argue. You can't combat that frame of mind with the "well if i had unlimited money and could mod it till it flew into space" attitude.

Simply put....from a "amount of performance per dollar" perspective, the Z06 has it.
But if you're after the glitz and glamor and want to have something unique where price doesn't matter, then the GT is for you.

On a side note: You also have to consider the Driver. The car isn't fast unless the driver makes it that way. There could be a car with 80-MillionRWHP against a steam powered horseless-carriage and it could still get owned if the driver doesn't know wtf they're doing. I.E. that guy in the video with the yellow Viper. Awesome car no doubt but he's a complete tool who can't drive, does that make the car suck? no not at all. Just don't act like the numbers 'Joe Somebody' got are the concrete numbers for that vehicle.

Last edited by 97'RS6-BucketTurd; 01-13-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
Jesus, a bunch of cry babies on here sometimes.

I'll be the first to say...i don't give a damn.
People are going to like what they want to like.
I like them both, but no 2 people on this damn planet are the same.

The Z06's price is brought up because the frame of mind is this: For all that extra money that the GT costs it could go into mods. Who gives a **** if it's rare, so what if it's shaped different and it's got a lil' history behind it with some fancy badges....so what. I personally couldn't care about the floor being made of balsa wood (...it's light....i know), unless ***** and candy fly out of it every time i open the door, i don't want to hear it.

You also have to understand that you're amount of performance/per dollar ratio is what motivates a lot of buyers and enthusiasts.

If you're rich and want something quick and flashy where you want to be starred at on the road by EVERY one, and have a ton of money to **** away. Then the GT is definitely the choice. No one will mistake it for a base model of some sort...

The Z06 on the other hand looks like a regular C6 at a glance, most people can't tell them apart. BUT it has amazing performance for the dollar, it has an ENORMOUS aftermarket behind it. It's more rational and reachable by more of the population of car enthusiasts. Where in-lies the rationality behind a lot of the comments about Z06s' being the better buy. Why? it doesn't fall too short of other super cars numbers, and beats quite a few. And who the **** cares about numbers at 186mph?? When will most people EVER test that? Exactly, most people will NEVER do it. The WHOLE concept of the Z06 is to have Super-car like performance without the price.

Hell, Termin8r or however his name goes beat that GT in his f-bod. What are you going to do? stand back and cry about the classic 'ricer' "ifs" "Well, if we were racing at blah blah blah" ...no one wants to hear it, the driving factor there is... super-car got beat by a car that's worth 1/10th the price. End of story.

So to summarize:
This argument in the thread is solely based on a bang for the buck frame of mind, and the fact that people are taking it out of that perspective is what is causing people to argue. You can't combat that frame of mind with the "well if i had unlimited money and could mod it till it flew into space" attitude.

Simply put....from a "amount of performance per dollar" perspective, the Z06 has it.
But if you're after the glitz and glamor and want to have something unique where price doesn't matter, then the GT is for you.

On a side note: You also have to consider the Driver. The car isn't fast unless the driver makes it that way. There could be a car with 80-MillionRWHP against a steam powered horseless-carriage and it could still get owned if the driver doesn't know wtf they're doing. I.E. that guy in the video with the yellow Viper. Awesoem car no doubt but he's a complete tool who can't drive, does that make the car suck? no not at all. So, don't forget about that also when you're on someones numbers.
Well if what your saying is true why not just go buy a Geo-metro and mod the hell out of it, I mean its basicaly the same thing, why buy a Z06 for 60+grand when you can mod the **** out of a metro LOL There are people that test supercars at 180+ all the time, I mean here in America its rare we do that ,but you see bikes hit 160+ all the damn time so maybe you dont give a crap about 160+ but some people do. People build cars for different reasons. Im glad yours is for the quarter mile trapping around 120, while some people like to street race going 160+. And when it comes to speeds of that AERODYNAMICS is really what you start paying for in the GT . That is clearly easy to spot in the 140+ range when you compare the two cars Hell I'd much rather buy two Z06's and a new Shelby cobra for the price of a GT LOL
Old 01-13-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 69mach
Price talk again....
If price wasn't a factor, then why not talk about the ferrari enzo, or mclaren f1. Your'e just pissed 'cause your from Alabama, you probably get that all the time.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:23 PM
TECH Regular

In case you missed the video, the gt received the same treatment that your cows get from you, it got RAPED!

get your head out of your ***, stock for stock the GT is faster!!!! EVERYONE knows that. Ummm lets seee Genaddi did a pulley/exhaust/tune and the GT put down 700+ HP You are so pathetic bringing up the cost factor just like every GM guy I have ever talked to. Sorry FORD built a rare supercar what is the top speed of the Z06 LOL

Oh and heres the info to back it up...http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...mancestats.jpg

You can compare these cars all day 0-140 but these are SUPERCARS these cars are made for high speeds so run them high speeds and there is a totally different story

SOOOOO 1slow01Z71=
Old 01-13-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, there is no sense in arguing with 69mach and 67 camaro, they are die-hard Ford guys and they jump on any thread that a GM die-hard talks smack about a Ford. Thay do it all the time.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TryingT/A
If price wasn't a factor, then why not talk about the ferrari enzo, or mclaren f1. Your'e just pissed 'cause your from Alabama, you probably get that all the time.
haha.....i dont get it???? Ohhhh right im from alabama and I have no money dang that sucks for me. Oh well i guess this is a loosing battle since all I can afford is a rust bucket. One question what does Illinois have that alabama doesnt???? Just a question, answer when ready please. Thanks
Old 01-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BLOODTA
Dude, there is no sense in arguing with 69mach and 67 camaro, they are die-hard Ford guys and they jump on any thread that a GM die-hard talks smack about a Ford. Thay do it all the time.
Yes Ford is my love, but my big love is AMERICAN muscle hint, I own gm and ford cars LOL. If saying that the ford GT is faster stock vs stock to the Z06 makes me a hardcore Ford guy then I guess me and some other GM enthusiast are all out of luck.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:11 PM
12 Second Club

SOOOOO 1slow01Z71=

BULLLLLLLLLLSHIT!!!! in the topgear vid, the guy started in FIFTH gear and went 0-160 in 37 seconds in the z06.....in FIFTH F*CKING GEAR MAN, come on...o and here's MY PROOF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBG7e...elated&search=

69mach