Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

My First attempt at editing a photo.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First attempt at editing a photo.

Go lightly on me.. lol.

I didn't do much, just played with the colors, cropped it, and added the frame. I know it made it look better but there is no way I could do this every time I do a shoot. I don't have the patience haha. I may pick a few out of a shoot and edit them like this but overall I am sticking to leaving them untouched.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

crop looks to close on the front..
Old 05-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CarsRFun
crop looks to close on the front..
Not the crop, the original was that way too. I didn't realise that till I got it on the computer. Width wise is the same as the original, I just cropped the height.

Original
Old 05-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Trust me, once you start editing more and more it'll go much faster. Open, crop, resize, check levels, check shadows/highlights, check brightness/contrast, sharpen, check levels again, add border and text, done. I can edit a picture in under 2 minutes no problem if I'm doing basic adjustments. Its when you're working with a less-than-quality photograph and/or have to fix the composition or colors when it gets very time consuming.

Overall its a good job. If I could I would have take out all the clutter in the background (light poles, cars, trailer, people, everything) and just left sky (which shadows/highlights would have richened up a bit possibly) but thats ALOT of work.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Launching!

I work with gimp too, not photoshop. No big difference though. I won't do this to all of them, but when a rainly day comes along I may open up a few I have on the computer and play around with them. I like most how they are but doesn't mean I can't like them better.

Josh you can take the original and play around with it if you wish, I don't mind.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

yeah the photoshop is just about trying and keep trying ... me too i can edit a pic. in less than 2 mins. LOL cause i'm ready to do the basic editing as like Brightness/Contrast, Shadows/highlights ..etc.
and yeah u started and got a good result so the upcoming will be better and better then u'll see and write damn i can edit my pictures in 2 mins .. well done again and nice picture.

Peace
Old 05-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Teching In

after looking throught bad95's photobucket the other day, and seling all joshs pics, i had to try it too, how did you guys learn to do it? did ya just start messing and teach yourself? btw this is the pic i ended up with
Old 05-12-2007, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

UH yeah buddy we're learning ourself by ourself .. what do you think of someone can stay over 6 hours per day on photoshop and still missing more than what i already learned .. so keep fighting and learning man and before doing any touch just imagine the picture after and before then focuse on the specific tricks or look that you want the pic. to be looks like.
goodluck and peace
Old 05-12-2007, 09:12 PM
12 Second Club