Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Pics of my turbo Z28...pt2

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 07:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my turbo Z28...pt2

Well, I posted some pictures awhile ago, and everyone wanted some engine bay shots. So, here they are...let me know what everyone thinks

Here are a couple other pictures I thought looked cool. First is a sunset with some of the left over's of Gustav moving in. Clouds were moving kind of fast.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Launching!

I love the stock looking effect. Car looks awesome... And a I bet she just rips. Have fun with it bro

Vince
Old 09-03-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

sweet looking setup, love the sleeper effect you have going on.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well, I am not sure if I am going to keep it looking the way it is. I want different wheels because these can not hold enough power, but I have yet to decide on a set (ZR1's sound good). Also, the hood has a few dents in it, and I want to get that fixed. Again, I am not sure if I want a fiberglass stock flat hood, SS hood, or sunoco hood.

If you noticed there is a stock SS muffler up there, and it is hooked up with a cutout. With it closed it sounds almost stock. It has a little lope with the cam, and is a tad louder because there is no cats. If you were not familar with these cars it would sound stock at idle. Also, at the engine it moves a lot of air, and you can hear it a bit(nothing like a procharger). With the cutout open... It is a different story all together.

Car makes plenty of power on a low boost with very little timing (keeping the engine together).
Old 09-03-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea I want to change wheels as well, it just hasn't become a main priority yet, traction is definetly an issue for me as well even with the nitto drag radials which aren't the best hooking drag radials out there, but since I have to drive my car everyday I needed a tire that would be decent in the weather as well.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

car looks sleepy i love turbos, procharger isnt my way to go. what does she make on low boost and at what psi if i may
Old 09-03-2008, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

i love it. I bet that thing will (if not already) put many confused faces on 03-04 cobra owners!
Old 09-03-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99Z28LS1
car looks sleepy i love turbos, procharger isnt my way to go. what does she make on low boost and at what psi if i may
6.5psi and about 12* of timing it put down 450rwhp and 445rwtq, and the temps were about 95*. The numbers seem a bit low, but it was on a mustang dyno, and we were doing back to back runs. Not to mention running it hard through a few gears, and letting the coolant temps get a little hot(not crazy hot, but not something I would do if I was racing). We would run it through the gears, change some stuff, start it back up, and repeat. We were not really trying to get the best possible numbers, but we did get a pretty rock solid tune. I think those numbers are about equal to around 490-510rwhp on a dynojet(Those seem to be the most common dynos). I will throw it on a dynojet when the temps cool down...For the show and tell. Pretty good with a stock muffler, and I do not think my drivetrain will handle much more. I just have to upgrade a few things, and then turn up the boost a bit.

Have yet to really race it against something, but I have scared away some STI's and Evo's with the BOV. It is not hard to let someone know it's turbocharged... Some of their looks are priceless.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll give you a race here in a few weeks ...if I can get in the shop for a freakin tune!

Cars lookin good man, I like the black fan cover/shroud...thought about doing that with mine. What WG and BOV do you have on yours?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow that looks awesome. What kit are you running?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Regular

So because you have a turbo you think you're faster than us??? Nevermind me, i'm just jealous... Nice car man.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:23 PM
TECH Veteran

the last pics is real badass, try to smooth out he clouds in the first pic and that one will be ridiculous
Old 09-04-2008, 07:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Photochop
I'll give you a race here in a few weeks ...if I can get in the shop for a freakin tune!

Cars lookin good man, I like the black fan cover/shroud...thought about doing that with mine. What WG and BOV do you have on yours?
Your car is going to be a monster compared to mine, but I will still give it a go. I am sure you will make mine look like a rock. WG is some 60mm ebay unit...Does a good job. The BOV is some type of GReddy, and I am not sure on the size.

Kit is a... Well, we were calling it a Janko speed kit, but that is more of an inside joke. It was built by a member named speed on here, and he is a local here in OKC.