Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

gtr vs ls3 with bolt ons

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gtr vs ls3 with bolt ons

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/N...-M5_179185.htm

just imagine with a cam or gas better yet boost !!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Teching In

ls3 s are sick!! Why buy a z06?
Old 09-05-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

dude he even let off when he started passing the R35 just to let the guy know "hey your about to get past speed up"
Old 09-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome, I didn't think LS3's were that badass.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

ls3's ARE badass
Old 09-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

GT-R fanboys are crying now. Why did they act like this was some holy untouchable car??
Old 09-05-2008, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, that was impressive. I'm surprised how well the LS3 hung with the LS7.

Also, I really wish I knew where a road like that was.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that all reply with, take it to a track with turns and itll smoke everything. **** off fanboiz
Old 09-06-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Where are the dig races at? I love roll racing but even I admit that AWD only helps from a dig.

Plus I will say something that would be getting tossed around if the race went the opposite way; give the GTR the same mods and the story would be very different.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by speedy_2
GT-R fanboys are crying now. Why did they act like this was some holy untouchable car??
It is pretty damned untouchable on a road course, that's why...

None of the other cars in this vid would touch it there as a matter of fact...

Anyways on the straights, I was impressed with how the LS3 hung with the Z06... It's good bang for the buck for sure.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bboyferal
It is pretty damned untouchable on a road course, that's why...

None of the other cars in this vid would touch it there as a matter of fact...

Anyways on the straights, I was impressed with how the LS3 hung with the Z06... It's good bang for the buck for sure.

well the gtr's that were sent over were hopped up with a more agressive tune and the one that ran the ring had better tires on top of that. i would like to see a test between a zo6 and a private owned gtr. But i still think the gtr will take it, for a fat pig that car is amazing around the track.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Launching!

i beg to differ i think it would get its *** handed to it if a zo6 had any kinda sticky tire

forget the zr1 or acr viper (which cost about the same as of this post) both kick the gtr's *** on stock tires

the gtr's charm lies in the fact that the performance is accessible by normal people
most people who take a car they own to track generally have some mods done to them
and most gtr owners will never take the cars onto a SERIOUS track for fear of voiding the warranty

now you have that fringe sector that doesnt care and mods the car
thats the element that will decide how bad *** these cars are... but remember you can get traction but its hard to lose 600 lbs outta a fat pig.

on a side note cars are so fast these days that the low speed factor really doesn't exist anymore SCCA cone racing does little to bring these cars into their element a high speed track is really needed and again weight and adhesion (tires) factor very big into it

if you watch trans am racing back when audi entered you can see it takes a weight disadvantage (anything above 300lbs) and then 4wheel drive to become less of a factor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuxwR5i6Vlo
enjoy!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 180ls1
well the gtr's that were sent over were hopped up with a more agressive tune and the one that ran the ring had better tires on top of that. i would like to see a test between a zo6 and a private owned gtr. But i still think the gtr will take it, for a fat pig that car is amazing around the track.
Who's talking about the 'Ring?

What about the R&T test at Buttonwillow, where they vouched they tested a production spec model?

What about the Top Gear test?

What about, again, another R&T comparo, with hired drivers, around a short road course, a long road course, and even an oval?

Yeah, it's safe to say the GTR takes it lol.

Originally Posted by abbaskhan
i beg to differ i think it would get its *** handed to it if a zo6 had any kinda sticky tire
They come with the tires they come with... The fact is stock for stock, the Z06 loses... You can upgrade the tires on both cars.

Originally Posted by abbaskhan
forget the zr1 or acr viper (which cost about the same as of this post) both kick the gtr's *** on stock tires

the gtr's charm lies in the fact that the performance is accessible by normal people
most people who take a car they own to track generally have some mods done to them
and most gtr owners will never take the cars onto a SERIOUS track for fear of voiding the warranty

now you have that fringe sector that doesnt care and mods the car
thats the element that will decide how bad *** these cars are... but remember you can get traction but its hard to lose 600 lbs outta a fat pig.

on a side note cars are so fast these days that the low speed factor really doesn't exist anymore SCCA cone racing does little to bring these cars into their element a high speed track is really needed and again weight and adhesion (tires) factor very big into it

if you watch trans am racing back when audi entered you can see it takes a weight disadvantage (anything above 300lbs) and then 4wheel drive to become less of a factor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuxwR5i6Vlo
enjoy!!!
The ZR-1 and ACR are monsters... The ACR made short work of the GTR on some recent comparos.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Launching!

Very nice races. The c6 got a big jump on most since it was behind, but it did very well against the other cars. I dont think its fair to compare a modded car vs stock cars, but the ls3 has some nice potential.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:04 PM
11 Second Club

I see the GT-R fan is drowning in here.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by speedy_2
Not to mention he just voided his warranty. Awesome video. And yes LS3's are badass.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 180ls1
Car and Driver (I believe) did a writeup on GTR dyno numbers. They tested 5 random cars that they got from random sources. All of them were production US spec models and all over them dynoed within 5whp of each other. I also want to say that the highest dynoing one put down something like 515rwhp.

The cars are VERY underrated from the factory.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
Car and Driver (I believe) did a writeup on GTR dyno numbers. They tested 5 random cars that they got from random sources. All of them were production US spec models and all over them dynoed within 5whp of each other. I also want to say that the highest dynoing one put down something like 515rwhp.

The cars are VERY underrated from the factory.
I would have to see proof of that. The last dyno vid I saw of a GTR was right around 430-435rwhp which is around what they average. There is no way factory tuned GTR's are over 500 rwhp from all the videos I have seen.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04cobra13
ls3 s are sick!! Why buy a z06?
agreed....

but that ls3 had nitrous on it...you can see in the 1st race when he hits second i guess its on a window switch or a flip switch beacuse you can see i come on in second gear
Old 09-07-2008, 10:06 AM
TECH Junkie

No matter what they dyno, R&T has gotten enough production-spec models for us to know already the C6 Z06 does not stand a chance on a road course of any kind.

Anyhow, I still can't believe how well the LS3 hung with the Z06... Man, I'm impressed. I'd get a regular C6 and do some serious mods to make a nasty highway monster...

Quick Reply: gtr vs ls3 with bolt ons