Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

BE WARNED: Aidan

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BE WARNED: Aidan

aka. Jim Voyles (661) 301-1279 aidann20@aol.com

I sent him a money order back in November for an item he posted for sale on the forums. He stated he would ship immediately upon receiving it. Well, to date I have no tracking number, and no item. I contacted him some time ago, and got the "I lost your address" routine (it was written on the envelope, on a separate piece of paper which was folded around the money order in the envelope, and in a PM on this site). So anyway, I provide it again. He promises to PM me the tracking number and ship the same day. Again, no reponse and no package. I have sent four PM's and called again, leaving a voice mail which has not been returned. Still no response, tracking number, or box at my front door. I have seen him log in and log out of the site, and even though he is not confirming my personal messages send receipts, as the site admistrator I can see that he has in fact read them and is thus CHOOSING TO NOT CONTACT ME. I have more information I will withhold until I either hear from Mr. Voyles or am forced to persue legal action.
Old 12-23-2003, 04:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope it all works out, Brains. I was somewhat leary of him from the get-go.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Teching In

if your talking about the intercooler for the f-body.... I was in his shop ordering some parts for my car and i personally seen it shipped out about a week and a half ago. have some patiance, its the holidays. i have ordered a few things from ebay expecting them here for christmas as christmas presents and am still waiting for them. it will be there.
Old 12-25-2003, 04:56 AM
Teching In

hey DBR you race wayne yet??
Old 12-25-2003, 05:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Time to break out the beating stick, Brian... sounds stinky to me.
Old 12-25-2003, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

Is this the same Aidan that that sold several Big Bore short blocks for a ~$2100 in the classifieds a few weeks ago?
Old 12-25-2003, 01:48 PM
Teching In

Hi there Brian, I spoke to you last night, and i just saw this, this morning. Ack I hate when people on here run around try to ruin each others good name.

I apologize if I didnt get back to you the last time i talked to you and i was in the middle of a dyno day i was running at the shop. I was swamped all day and i told one of our guys at the shop to go dig the ups tracking #'s out of the shipping files and send it to you before the end of the day (like i told you on the phone i would do) but I believe he forgot, so thats why i called you later that night to apologize about them not being sent.

We ship out tons of parts everyday and i occasionally lose my head on keeping up with some things. But youve only called me on the phone once, i dont do the email thing very well and thats why i left my cell phone # with you.

Note: By the way when I "gave you the i lost your address" story as you call it. It was me that called you asking you what your address was, you didnt call me. I was taking care of orders at the shop, couldnt find your address anywhere, and called you to get your address and shipping info again.

Ive sold parts to several people on the forum and ive emailed a couple to come on and post the great transactions weve had. Ive also got a ton of shortblocks and stroker kits going right now, and im sorry this post had to be made to try and ruin my name.

I really am sorry if i was under-satisfactory about anything and the intercooler is just taking a couple extra days i would guess from all the holiday shipping to get to you. I reallyreally apologize if you didnt get it yesterday or today (Merry X-mas btw) as it was a gift to your girlfriend...
Email me and let me know how you like it when you get it. I gave you one hell of a deal on the intercooler and youll be very happy with it.

Very sorry if anything didnt go well, Aidan.
Merry Xmas.
Old 12-25-2003, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well here's an update. I called him yesterday with bad news -- still no intercooler.. He said he was busy on the dyno, and that he would call me back when he finished and give me the tracking number. I don't hear anything from for a few hours, so I call back -- and the call was not answered (surprise, surprise). He did, however, finally call me at 9:30pm last night, but WITHOUT THE TRACKING NUMBER. He said he forgot to grab it before leaving the shop. So here I sit with a promise to my girlfriend of an Xmas gift, but no gift. I told him from the beginning (and repeatedly) that this was a gift and that it was very important to me. All I asked for from the beginning was the tracking number. I sent out the money order immediately after Thanksgiving, I don't see any reason why he did not ship it in any reasonable amount of time to get here by the 24th of December. I also do not see any reasonable reason why he would fail to respond to my inquiries and ignore returning read receipts on personal messages (much less answer them).
Old 12-25-2003, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Jim, looks like were in the thread at the same time. After reading your post, I will say a couple things. YES I'm pissed off, but I'm doing the best I can to provide the full information as I see it. Nobody has made any comments good or bad about you. Your shop has made a couple inquiries about sponsorship of LS1Tech which has not been made mention of. If I'm a "special case" where things got messed up, simple communication could have definitely helped. If the intercooler arrives as you state it will, I'll feel better but I still am feeling pretty shitty about not having it for Christmas like I needed it. I would have understood if I bought it from you two weeks ago, but this was back at Thanksgiving.

Also - why the new account (Aidan vs AidanN2O)? Hmmm.. time to investimigate
Old 12-25-2003, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Aidan posted a bunch of parts for sale right before Thanksgiving. I emailed my interest in his TR227/230 114 cam for $250. We worked out the deal, I sent the money order on the Friday after Thanksgiving. He shipped the cam on Dec 12 and it was waiting on my doorstep on Monday Dec 15.

The cam was well packaged and in great condition (~2000 miles on it as claimed). It's sitting in my garage waiting to go in with the other winter mods.

Aidan always returned my emails and phone calls and I can't say anything bad at all about the guy. I wouldn't hesitate to buy something else from him in the future.

RCowan
RCowan99SSConv (ls1.com)
Old 12-25-2003, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanksgiving? That was like almost a month ago.
Old 12-25-2003, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Brians, Im going to have to once again apologize.... I didnt communicate nearly as well as i should have. With the holidays a lot of guys at the shop are on vacation and things have been a nightmare trying to keep up with installations/dyno/retail shipping etc etc.

Yes we are in the middle of becoming a LS1tech sponser... I hope when you recieve the intercooler (i was hoping youd get it yesterday, but i guess friday now) everything will be resolved and ok. If any thing else, give me a call. As the internet is not the place to resolve problems/questions.
Old 12-25-2003, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

As the internet is not the place to resolve problems/questions.
One word: Sheesh...
Old 12-25-2003, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

I completely understand bad things happen to good people, which is why despite being pretty upset about not having it for Christmas I did my best to keep as much emotion out of the post as possible. It was actually suggested to me by someone else to post in here in the hopes of getting the problem resolution moving a bit faster. The last thing I want to do is trash the name of someone who sells good product at good prices as well, and I hope you understand that's not my intent. I'll make sure I post back in this thread when the intercooler arrives, so at the very least everyone knows the issue is solved.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

Any updates???

Did you get it yet? or even a tracking # ??

Ive been thinking of getting a stroker from aidan but I defintly do not like whats going on. Please keep us updated.

Jeremy
Old 12-26-2003, 09:25 PM
Fiery Features Director

still no box... trust me, I have been watching for the delivery man! I wish that guy would atleast email Brian a tracking number so he would stop worrying.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

How was the package shipped?

UPS, FedEx, Postal, etc?
Old 12-27-2003, 02:10 AM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
How was the package shipped?

UPS, FedEx, Postal, etc?
Not really sure... I believe he told Brian UPS but we can't be certain. I know the last time he talked to him over the phone was Christmas Eve. The guy told Brian that he was going to send him a tracking number but never did. Brian hasn't heard from him since.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:56 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since you ordered it over a month ago, and didn't get it for the Christmas present like you wanted, I'd tell him to shove it up his *** and buy another one somewhere else.

JMO
Old 12-27-2003, 11:25 AM
Fiery Features Director

Brian already sent him the money. He showed me a picture of the intercooler and it appears to be a really nice one that would work well for what I am doing. However, if he doesn't send the intercooler I would hope that he is sending Brian's money back.

Quick Reply: BE WARNED: Aidan