Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Beware of Maroboy_Jimmie

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 01:20 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Beware of Maroboy_Jimmie

After getting payment from him via Paypal, I shipped the wheels to him which he signed for (verified via UPS tracking). A week later he calls his credit card company and disputes the transaction saying he did not authorize payment. His credit card company got Paypal to freeze the funds in my account and as of Friday they sent the funds back to this piece of ****.

Now he has the wheels and my $700!!!!!!

I am working with paypal to try and get my money back.

Beware of selling to this guy!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:31 PM
8 Second Club

LOOK!!

He is trying to sell them on his local forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.norcal-lsx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84481
Old 02-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn dude thats some fraud if i have ever seen it. i am gonna keep an eye on that thread in that other forum, should be funny to see this go down.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Good to know.

He tried to something similar to my boy. Luckily my boy took the money out of the account right away. He said someone got ahold of his account which is why the claim was filed.

He also sold a member on NorCal a blown motor.

He did a cam install on my car for cheap since he was already doing a cam swap at my boys house. I had to fix my car after a rocker came off the pushrods and I had an oil leak that soiled my whole drivers side of the engine because the valve cover wasn't tightened correctly.

I'm a member and moderator on NorCal, I will bring this up as it has been bothering me and now that I know it is affecting others I can't let that happen.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn man hope you can get this worked out.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:25 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I just un-deleted his posts from your for sale ad and locked it so nobody can mess with it. Here's the original ad:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...ires-sold.html

I hope you get this straightened out. I hate seeing **** like this.

I think he's got a fitting title now as well directly under his user name.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:04 PM
8 Second Club

You guys rock!! Thank you!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Launching!

Tony I will buy them back and file a claim against him on my card lol Well split the difference and I'll get you the tires back lol.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard threw the grapevine that he has sold those wheels about a week ago while he was in town...

My story goes like this... Gofast made a post On a local forum asking if anyone had stock Z06 tires for sale. I told him i had some good thread left but old (03). Jeff (Gofast) said they were to old for him.

Mean while maroboyjimmy (Melvin Costa) PMs me about the tires... We agreed on a price $120 and he PayPal's me the money... I was kinda on to him so i pulled the money from my paypal ASAP.... I meet up with his boy (Mario) and hand him the tires. On Feb 5th i get an email stating that the buyer filled for charge back. I text both Melvin and Mario. Mario text me back saying he doesnt have anything to do with it and that he still has the tires to let him know if i want them back, mean while Melvin text me back and says that his paypal got hacked and has to go threw each transaction and approve them. He was suppose to let me know. Mario said that he would hold on to the tires until i let him know otherwise or bring them back. I told him id let him know. Well Melvin never let me known anything, i have a negative $120 in my PayPal but Mario is cashing me out for the tires.

Maroboyjimmy now lives in Organ... Not sure where out there
Old 02-18-2013, 07:35 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by youngrigo
I have heard threw the grapevine that he has sold those wheels about a week ago while he was in town...

My story goes like this... Gofast made a post On a local forum asking if anyone had stock Z06 tires for sale. I told him i had some good thread left but old (03). Jeff (Gofast) said they were to old for him.

Mean while maroboyjimmy (Melvin Costa) PMs me about the tires... We agreed on a price $120 and he PayPal's me the money... I was kinda on to him so i pulled the money from my paypal ASAP.... I meet up with his boy (Mario) and hand him the tires. On Feb 5th i get an email stating that the buyer filled for charge back. I text both Melvin and Mario. Mario text me back saying he doesnt have anything to do with it and that he still has the tires to let him know if i want them back, mean while Melvin text me back and says that his paypal got hacked and has to go threw each transaction and approve them. He was suppose to let me know. Mario said that he would hold on to the tires until i let him know otherwise or bring them back. I told him id let him know. Well Melvin never let me known anything, i have a negative $120 in my PayPal but Mario is cashing me out for the tires.

Maroboyjimmy now lives in Organ... Not sure where out there
Wow! Its getting deeper. I think I will turn this over to the FBI. He is using the same excuse to multiple folks at different times. Another guy on this forum is currently having the same issue with him. Sold him a throttle body and disputed with paypal and lost the funds with same old story.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mario is the address that you posted in the other thread. He held on to the tires on my request because Melvin was coming to pick up some parts last Mon (When your wheels were sold by Melvin). If he Mario would have known this was going on or I would have known i would have requested that Mario also hold on to your wheels... Mario is ok in my book just caught in the middle of it for trying to help out his old friend (Melvin)
Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wonder how many disputes he has filed with his credit card company? This makes me sick. I feel for you man.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys should all leave negative feedback on his iTrader here as well. As soon as I get paid for something by paypal I immediately withdraw it to my bank account to avoid **** like this.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by djfury05
You guys should all leave negative feedback on his iTrader here as well. As soon as I get paid for something by paypal I immediately withdraw it to my bank account to avoid **** like this.
I do the exact same thing. Some people these days.... anyways good luck to the OP hopefully you get your money back!
Old 02-19-2013, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

holy ****...paypal is garbage now a days, how do they not see a pattern from these dirtbags and they just keep refunding them the money. paypal no longer protects the sellers and it's always risky to use now a day.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by djfury05
Thats what i did... I pulled the money from PayPal the same day it was deposited... But now i show a negative balance on there of $120. I physically got the money as i took it out but now cant use my paypal
Old 02-19-2013, 05:37 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like Jimme (Melvin) is supposed to pay Tony back tomorrow by 5pm.

I don't think it is right that he get off that easy, where is the guy that sold him the intake? And the guy that sold him the throttle body? You guys need to speak up as well.

NorCal is also my local board, i have been on there and on here for 10 plus years, and I hate seeing stuff like this go down, or he pays back one guy and the others are still out.

Luckily, I have had nothing but good transactions on here, ebay on the other hand, not so good.

PS: Tony,
Jason is coming for your record =)
Old 02-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

I sold him the intake and just checked out paypal to see they now ended the dispute with him having my $820. I'm guessing this douche just modded the **** out of his car for free. I have plenty of text messages from him.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:05 AM
10 Second Club

Apparently he bought stuff from you guys, and just sold it all.

My understanding is that he sold the rims, intake and throttle body over the weekend. Not only did he sell the stuff, but got a double profit, because he didnt technically pay you, then sold it for even more than what he ripped you guys off for.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Launching!

what a piece of trash

Quick Reply: Beware of Maroboy_Jimmie