Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Possible bad seller...might need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Possible bad seller...might need some help

OK here's the story. In April I started looking for a torque converter. So I found someone on here selling a used one, his screenname is Stone0fFire. It would sometimes be a few days between PMs from him so I told him to let me know when he was ready to ship the TC and I would paypal him the money. here is the date break down:

4/29 he PMs saying he is ready to ship
4/29 I PM after I paypal the money, telling him I have paid and what my shipping address is

5/13 he tells me he doesn't have a bank account connected to his paypal but is in process of doing so
5/13 I ask him to ship it because I paid 2 weeks ago

5/17 no response, so I send another PM asking him to ship because he has had the money for over 2 weeks and said he was ready to ship

5/18 he says that he now has the funds to ship but it is 9:41PM so he will ship the next morning and he will get back to me tomorrow

5/21 I see that he has posted in the NEW LS1 Enthusiasts page and is currently online, so I send him a PM asking if he has shipped the TC yet. No response

That's all that has happened. Now he has told me that he is having some personal problems and I am trying to be understanding. However, it is going on a month now and I still haven't seen my part. In the 5/18 PM he did say he would ship it the following morning, and he is in in CA so maybe it will arrive this week, but I am not holding out hope. I find it hard to believe that someone can't make it to the post office in a month, especially since he said he was ready to ship on 4/29.

anyone have any ideas on what to do? does anyone know him? if so could they try to get a hold of him and tell him to ship? if not, what kind of pressure can I put on him to ship the part? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you used a credit card you can refuse the charges. All you have to say is the guy didnt deliver the goods. Your creditor will then issue your money back. Hope this helps
Old 05-23-2004, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

good thought, but I had a balance on my paypal account and paid from there.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Im not real familiar w/ paypal, but I wanna say that they have a similar service. I could be wrong. Maybe check it out. If you didnt pay that much money for it, you might just have to say f**k it and move on. I know it sucks because iv been in your shoes. Just be really carefull who you buy from from now on. Good luck.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:42 PM
TECH Veteran

It sux that so many people that sell parts are irresponsible and dont ship out parts when promised, it ruins it for everyone, you need to post this in buyer/seller feedback,good luck.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah Paypal has a similair service. Look for it under the Help section I think.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

I already checked that and it's not a great policy. it was not an ebay auction so the best they can do is recoup for me whatever the seller is willing to give up. I figure for the time being I can hold out hope that he will send it before using paypal to recoup anything. I will do it when it looks like all hope is lost.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

He posts on here all the time - in fact, I read one of his posts today. He posts in an odd 'poetic' format. Anyway, go the the member feedback forum and post on the bad dealer sticky.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

I'm all set guys. when I got home from work today the midwest torque converter was sitting on my deck. I am not happy with the transaction, after all it did take a month after payment to receive the goods with little or no communication from him at times. But he did say he was having personal problems. all's well that ends well. thanks for the support guys.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

Hey man good to hear that it worked out ok. Personally I tend to forgive stuff like that cause we all have problems time to time.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:21 AM
TECH Resident

Glad it came together. Now install the damn thing

Quick Reply: Possible bad seller...might need some help