Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

WTF do I do.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default WTF do I do.

I'm selling some of parts this kid calls dibs on something and tells me he will mall me the money. Ok fine I sit and wait then today I get a pakage in the mail. A UPS box open and find UPS evelope with a note. Heres the cash for blah blah send to this addy. Well there was no f-en cash or money order. I'm not sending him something he didn't pay for but I don't want this ****** saying I ripped him off. So know what?

Last edited by Mustang Hat'r 2; 02-03-2006 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm, ya might start by not calling him a ****** on a public forum Then you might wanna contact him and see if he happened to forget to include the cash. I have put things together in the past and sealed them up only to forget a thing or two.....
Old 02-03-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mustang Hat'r 2
I'm selling some of parts this kid calls dibs on something and tells me he will mall me the money. Ok fine I sit and wait then today I get a pakage in the mail. A UPS box open and find UPS evelope with a note. Heres the cash for blah blah send to this addy. Well there was no f-en cash or money order. I'm not sending him something he didn't pay for but I don't want this niggar saying I ripped him off. So know what?

Dude you might think this slang is cool,but it really is disrespectful and wont help you with dealings on this board,remember money is money and folks are folks and what you just said makes you look like a JACKASS
Old 02-03-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It has nothing to do with sounding cool. I could give a f what people think of me. Its a descriptive word to descibe a person.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

That's cool. I'm the person he's talking about. I realize sending cash in the mail is not a good idea...but I sent it from a business location (my work) inside a note, inside a SEALED UPS Express envelope, inside a SEALED and TAPED UPS Express box.

Come home from work today to find a PM as follows

ARE YOU F-EN serious. WTF, you send me a UPS box with a UPS envolope inside it with a note here is the $50 for the cover and your address. Well thats nice but there was no money in it. I could of sold that thing to 3 or 4 other people but you got dibs on it so I waited and this is the crap you pull. F-off.
I have no reason to screw him over. $50 is a hell of a deal for a TA cover, we all know that. Why wouldn't I pay it? And not only that, why would I bother to take the time to write all that up and send him no cash with it? Would I really expect somebody to ship something to me without payment after receiving a note in the mail from me like that? I think not..

Kind of sucks that I'm out $50 without any parts. I guess that's what I get for sending cash in the mail though *sigh*
Old 02-03-2006, 10:03 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Don't use that term on the site.

And you are saying the guy sent a box with an envelope? Who pays to send a box in which they send an envelope? That makes no sense.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I guess we both loose.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:10 PM
FormerVendor

Just from seeing both guys responses here I wouldnt be surprised if the guy sold the TA cover not knowing there was payment coming from this guy.... Now his 50 bucks shows up so the guy pockets it and tries to make the other guy look like ****..... Even if Im wrong something is fishy
Old 02-03-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Don't use that term on the site.

And you are saying the guy sent a box with an envelope? Who pays to send a box in which they send an envelope? That makes no sense.
No kidding why do you think I got pissed. The only reason some one would do that would be to start **** or UPS just stole the damn money
Old 02-03-2006, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

It would have been nice to keep this to PMs before posting on here. I mean, the PM was sent to me at 5:36PM today (time that this site tells me it was sent at, whether that is my time or his), and this post was put up at 5:52PM. I was helping a friend with his car in that time and had no chance to view my PM or reply within those 16 minutes.

Honestly, why would you ask "WTF do I do". Normally, a person who receives something like that would PM the person and give them a chance to explain themselves or something. There really isn't anything you CAN do at this point. I mean even if I didn't send the money, I wouldn't have technically screwed you over at all for you to do anything about.

On a side note...why/when did you sell the car John? It was incredible watching that thing run at our thirdgen.org track rental.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cammin BeaSSt
Just from seeing both guys responses here I wouldnt be surprised if the guy sold the TA cover not knowing there was payment coming from this guy.... Now his 50 bucks shows up so the guy pockets it and tries to make the other guy look like ****..... Even if Im wrong something is fishy

Yep I stole his fifty bucks what a crock of ****.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DuronClocker
It would have been nice to keep this to PMs before posting on here. I mean, the PM was sent to me at 5:36PM today (time that this site tells me it was sent at, whether that is my time or his), and this post was put up at 5:52PM. I was helping a friend with his car in that time and had no chance to view my PM or reply within those 16 minutes.

Honestly, why would you ask "WTF do I do". Normally, a person who receives something like that would PM the person and give them a chance to explain themselves or something. There really isn't anything you CAN do at this point. I mean even if I didn't send the money, I wouldn't have technically screwed you over at all for you to do anything about.

On a side note...why/when did you sell the car John? It was incredible watching that thing run at our thirdgen.org track rental.
All I was looking for was a little advice. I didn't say you did anything I never once mentioned your name. But I didn't want people you include to say I took your money. To late for that now.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:17 PM
11 Second Club

I asked him if he could take pictures of the box and envelope that he received so that I could view it to see what I thought could have happened, but he replied saying he doesn't have a digital camera he can use. I realize even this wouldn't prove anything, I was just curious for myself.

I know I only have 3 posts on these boards, but really the only reason I joined this site was to buy/sell stuff. I got all of the information I needed off the site from reading, not posting. I'm a regular over on www.thirdgen.org and post on the MFBA's forums from time to time. I've bought/sold many MANY things over the years and never once have been accused of trying to con someone (especially in a case like this, where even if I did send an empty envelope, he still wouldn't be out anything...he could still easily sell that cover for $50 to ANYBODY for that price).
Old 02-03-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I told you I would take a pic of it with my phone sorry thats all I have.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:35 PM
12 Second Club

Well, i thought i would throw my hat into the ring. I am new here, but am a close friend of duronclocker.

We work together, i stood there(while we were supposed to be doing inventory) and watched him pack this like no other. I mean, there is no way someone could of known there was any money in there. He has dealt with many, MANY, parts sales and had no troubles on multiple boards. I know people will say my opinion is biased, but i watched him pack it, i know it went, so unless something happened along the way, i smell a scam.

Someone without guilt would of simply asked if a mistake had been made, instead of putting a post to assume duron of accusing him. This post was an attempt to divert guilt, at least that is my opinion.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ask the other people I just sold stuff to, if I'm a scammer.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

You very well may not be a scammer, but this whole post makes things look fishy. Defense without accusation looks bad man.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Mustang Hat'r 2 ,
i believe loses as well, for he is positive that there was no money in the envelope inside the box

and

is probably pissed because he already had it sold and quite possibly is trying to raise some honest money by selling some pieces from his MACHINE.

whereas

DuronClocker said
"I asked him if he could take pictures of the box and envelope that he received so that I could view it to see what I thought could have happened"

to me, this shows doubt and if DuronClocker buys as many parts as he says he does the chances of him mixing up payments and purchases increases greatl especially if he was tired after a long day of helping a friend with his car.

my thoughts

but who the f*$@ am i?
Old 02-03-2006, 10:44 PM
12 Second Club

Um, he did this from work, not after working on a car. I think he wanted pictures to see if it had been opened or altered from when he sent it.

I mean, duronclocker is in the middle of a 10 second car build, dropping some decent money, trying to get a 50 dollar part for free seems ludicrous.

But hey, who am i, no one cept for the guy that watched him send the money.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

dont send cash in the mail. no proof.

that simple..?

Quick Reply: WTF do I do.