Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

1fstbird, Dissapointed (resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 08:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1fstbird, Dissapointed (resolved)

I found a good deal on some comp 7.4 pushrods so i bought them. I paid 90 bucks shipped, they were used with 200 miles on them. Well i recieved the package Thursday and opened the box and WHA LA only 8 pushrods, after my minor heart attack i contacted 1fstbird and asked him howcome i only recieved 8 rods. All he said was that he sent 16 which he stated was two packages of eight wrapped in bubble wrap inside of the USPS box. Well i only got one of those packs! after i asked him what he was gonna do about this he said he sent them out so its out of his hands, he also stated that i might be trying to scam him . I took a picture of the box and sent it to him and when he asked if the tape on the box came on there when it arrived i told him yes, HE THEN STATED THAT HE DIDNT TAPE THE BOX AND THAT IT MUST HAVE CAME OPEN DURING THE SHIPMENT! I was very upset, i told him that the package should have been sealed! I contacted the post office and they told me that no insurance was purchased and that it was sent priority not express so it didnt include the 100.00 insurance, SO basically im fucked right? If i would have sold these to a member and that happened i would take responsiblity and give some money back or something but this guy isnt gonna help me at all since he thinks im scamming him.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

same thing happend to me.

he should take them back and refund you back and fight with the usps....

well, thats what i would do...
Old 08-14-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes he should bite the bullet on this, he packaged & shipped it,you did not get what you paid for!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2006, 03:54 PM
FormerVendor

nothin done
Old 08-21-2006, 03:40 PM
12 Second Club

Thank you for posting this in the feedback section on a problem that you and I never resolved. I told you to get with the post office and see what they would do. I have not heard back from you since the day that you received the package. Its hard to handle a situation when you dont know whats going on. I do take care of my problems because I have a great trading record here.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have dealt with 1fstbird on here before & had a very good transaction with him. He didn't seem the type to try & rip someone off.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:32 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks Big Mike!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Teching In

I dont think 1fstbird should hafta pay for it. He said he didn't tape it up, then there was tape on the box with one half of the package missing. Maybe someone took that half in the shipping process and taped up the box.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:56 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I'll never understand why folks don't insure stuff, it's like $2-3 bucks.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:13 PM
FormerVendor

When a package comes open at the post office and they stuff the contents back in the box of course they are going to tape it, ANYONE WOULD, because if it came open once it will come open again! The only problem is that when it came open i am assuming they found one of the two packages. They didnt know it had two in it. As far as me contacting the post office i have and i have posted what they said above. I dont think that you are ripping me off, I have told you this. I believe that it was improperly packaged and this caused the package to come open during transit. If you take care of your problems as you state above please tell me what we can do to get this resolved.

Once again im sorry if this post made 1fstbird come across as a seller that rips someone off, if i implied this it was a mistake on my behalf.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:30 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

How flimsy of a box? Pushrods are not that heavy.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by DLH2006
I took a picture of the box and sent it to him and when he asked if the tape on the box came on there when it arrived i told him yes, HE THEN STATED THAT HE DIDNT TAPE THE BOX AND THAT IT MUST HAVE CAME OPEN DURING THE SHIPMENT! :
I know exactly what his is trying to do... he baited you by asking if the tape was on there before saying that he never taped it. Here's the bottom line... you paid for 16 and he sent you 8 (he probably lost and or bent the other 8). His lies are as clear as day. IF he is telling the truth... then what kind of moron doesn't seal a package that is being shipped in the first place? By admitting his stupidity of not taping the package, he is at fault, and he should either replace those 8 pushrods or refund your money.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NoMoreLS1
what kind of moron doesn't seal a package that is being shipped in the first place?
That's the first thing I thought when I read that. Maybe if people would think when they are shipping something:

"How would I like this packed if it were being shipped to me"

BS like this wouldn't happen.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

Before everyone gets all bent out of shape about this and calling me names over this I told him to get with the postal company to see what they said and get back to me, he never did. The box was a usps box that has self adhesive tape already on the box. I packaged everything up at the post office and the guy told me the package was in good shape and it wouldnt need tape because I didnt have any being I was at the post office. Now for the kicker you dumb asses how do 8 pushrods weigh 2 pounds ohh wait they dont. The package I sent him weighed 2.04 pounds and I have the reciept to show everyone that wants to see it. I am not a cheat but I cant do anything if I dont know whats going on. So for the person calling me a moron is just speaking out his butt because a few details were not mentioned. So please take 16 pushrods and weigh them for me and I bet they weigh 2 pounds.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

The package was in a usps box with self adhesive tape already on the box. I have used these boxes for alot of items and have never had to tape them. I am not a cheat nor a liar. I sent 16 pushrods obviously because like I stated above the package weighed 2 pounds. But I am sure you still wont believe me even with the reciept.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:22 AM
12 Second Club

The box is not a flimsy piece at all. It is pretty solid. All that needs to happen is he needs to get back to me like I told him to do but never happened.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Smile

How about a pic of the box and the packaging? It's possible that 8 pushrods, packaging, and the box might just weigh 2 pounds. If you did in fact ship it to him without insurance, then whose fault is it? Surely it's not his fault. He paid you for the product to be sent to him. If USPS did damage the box, then it is YOUR responsibility to contact the USPS and try to make things right. You PAID the USPS for the shipping... not him. It's the sender's responsibility not the person that receives the package.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

Well I never said that I wasnt going to take care of the problem. Like I said above I told him to contact the post office and get back to me and he didnt. It seems to me that you cant read and that you dont have anything better to do than become involved in a transaction that you know nothing about. I called the USPS and talked to a guy about it and he told me that the person that receives the package had to do it because of him having the package in his hands. He had to take it to the post office to let them see it. If he would ever answer my pm we would handle this. If you want to get technical with me then he did pay for shipping when he sent the money because of shipping already being factored in the deal. And no way in hell does a box thats approximately 8 inches by 5 inches by maybe 1.5 inches tall with 8 pushrods weigh 2 pounds. There is possibly no way. I am not saying its his fault. Some people just need to get out of others people business especially when you dont know whats going on.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:50 PM
FormerVendor

Guys 1fstbird has offered me me $45 since i only recieved half the package.
Personally i dont think he was scamming or ripping me off, **** happens and thats exactly what occured at USPS. I believe the box came open and when they stuffed the pack in the box (they were assuming it was one pack) and then sealed it up.

I BELIEVE that his offer is very reasonable and i hope he can get something from usps

Quick Reply: 1fstbird, Dissapointed (resolved)