Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Bogus Vette dealership in Tempe AZ

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 03:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bogus Vette dealership in Tempe AZ

So i get a call around christmas time. my dad was on vacation in AZ and had come across a blue Z06 that very appealing to him. The salesman told hime this car had 540 rwhp and had the ls7 motor in it with a different top end. now the car does have afr's on it. and a fast intake. kooks headers. and is pretty fast. i come visit my dad in chicago. i am originally from SD. and he gives me a ride. i am like i think we need this thing dyno'd cause it doesnt pull hard enough at 100. we get it dyno'd and it only makes 419 rwhp. and the guy says its not an ls7 bottom end. i had been told that the dry sump can be retrofitted, and didnt question that. but it was obvious with the hp produced. I then called the dealership, have him on tape trying to tell me it was the ls7 and then he tells me that he had been told that by a ford dealership. what kind of bs is that. my dad paid more than the car was worth in my opinion, and feels very ripped off. so do i. i think he should take them to court. but what kind of difference should he ask for?
Old 09-09-2008, 09:31 AM
11 Second Club

i would ask for a full refund.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

layers going to say you should have known your motors and cars. You know you can't trust a used car salesman
Old 09-10-2008, 01:20 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah you cant trust a car salesman, but i got him on tape trying to tell me the same thing. and in my state, as well as AZ i dont have to have his permission to record him. He misrepresented the car. weather or not my dad knew better. He didnt. I had a feeling, and kinda did. so i feel i will walk them in court. i am just trying to do some research to prove what an 02 Z06 with 30,000 miles goes for. then make them pay the difference. i think that is fair.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:27 AM
Teching In

I'm trying to remember how this works, and it tends to be different in other states. Is there an addendum stating anything about the motor not being stock?

You can't sue for the difference, however I believe you can request parts or what it would cost to get those parts. I'm unsure if you can request labor for install.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

if its all in writing the dealerships is owned.

if not then chaulk up another one for the slimy dealer. youre dad should have known what to look for, mostly the salesmans fault but cant put it all on him, your pops gotta take part of the blame. i sure as hell would fight it tho.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah nothing on paper, but i did call them on speaker phone, and i have him on tape trying to tell me it was an ls7 shortblock. gonna be a nasty fight i am sure. but i aint gonna give up.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

sure a lawyer will take it....
Old 09-11-2008, 12:26 AM
Staging Lane

Did you know that it is illegal to record phone conversations without notifying them of it before hand??
Old 09-11-2008, 04:53 AM
TECH Resident

buyers remorse, if he bought it its his unless he's incompitent, doctors letter,mentally challenged, doctors letter, forced to buy ,witnesses, i know i went through the same with my 86 y o aunt she got suckered into 18,000 dollars for a 02 merc sable, advice drop it its a no-win situation.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NMJ87T2
Did you know that it is illegal to record phone conversations without notifying them of it before hand??
The federal law makes it unlawful to record telephone conversations except in one party consent cases which permit one party consent recording by state law. What that means is a person can record their own telephone conversations without the knowledge or consent of the other party in those states that allow one party consent.

It's important to understand the difference between what has become known as one party consent and two party or all party consent. One party consent simply means that one party to the conversation must have knowledge and give consent to the recording. Two party or all party consent means that every party to the conversation must have knowledge and give consent to the recording.

Recording is illegal in Arizona if NO party to the conversation knows that the conversation is being recorded. However, in Arizona, and this varies by state, if one party to the conversation knows that the conversation is being recorded, it is not illegal. Thus, if someone tape records a phone call or conversation involving him/herself and another person, even one who is unaware of being recorded, that's legal in Arizona.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

both AZ and SD where i am from are a one party consent state. checked it out before i did it. so it should hold up in court. i think a lawyer is the best way to go on this. i wanted to just do small claims, but it becomes a huge hassle.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Staging Lane

Oh also i think buy an 02 sable for way too much money is different than when a dealer tells you a car has a motor swap and puts down a particular amount of hp and doesnt have either. thats misrepresentation of a product, kinda like selling you lead and tellin you its gold.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by billyb
buyers remorse, if he bought it its his unless he's incompitent, doctors letter,mentally challenged, doctors letter, forced to buy ,witnesses, i know i went through the same with my 86 y o aunt she got suckered into 18,000 dollars for a 02 merc sable, advice drop it its a no-win situation.
You comparing apples to oranges. She paid whatever the advertised price was on a vehicle was. The price was heavily inflated, but still legal and she paid for it. Just like dealers marking up Shelby Gt500 and Challengers and what not. People and dealerships can charge what they want (as long as the dealership it self does not have restrictions).

However the OP's problem is different. The dealer told him the motor was something different. He paid more money for that motor and modification to the motor and the car. To later find out the car did not have these supporting mods and alterations means he did not get what he paid for.

You legally can not sell a car and falsify information about that car. Thats a big no no and the DMV/DOT will crack your *** for doing that big time.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe the used car dealer is a moron and got confused thinking the LS7 was in C5 Z06s... and he really meant LS6??
Old 09-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

I would like to see an LS7 With AFR Heads and a FAST intake...

Sorry, but this is not what this particular forum is for.

Last edited by XtinctZ28; 09-11-2008 at 06:29 PM.