Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch problems need help quick have a race lined

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch problems need help quick have a race lined

ok so i was driving to night pulling up to a stop when i notice the clutch pedal is almost to the floor lucky to be by my house heres the thing it just had a ram slave put in a couple of months ago which had to be rebuilt a month after it was put in junk i thought it was the same thing tonight but it still has fluid so its not leaking out like before and the clutch got put in at the same time no way its already out not that hard on it i would think stock motor not making that much power any ideas before i pull the tranny again will be the third time in like 5 months got a pressure plate that was way out of wack and had to take back out when i first put the clutch in
Old 11-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Teching In

anyone have any ideas
Old 11-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Teching In

bump..
Old 11-26-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

explain more what happened, like did it still go in gear was it grinding do you try to pump the clutch a couple times?
Old 11-27-2008, 01:31 AM
Launching!

if u had it rebuilt most likely u need to bleed the slave cylinder to get adequite pedal free play, now if u bleed it and the pedal still doesn't have enough free play ur probably lookin at gettin another clutch, cuz if the pedal doesn't have enough free play, u dont kno how much the throw out bearing is pushin on the pressure plate, this could also be bad fingers causing this, however this is unlikely.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:19 AM
Teching In

it the junk slave again i think checked the fluid and its all drained out havent had a chance to look under the car to see where it leaked from but i'm guessing the slave the pedal went to the floor and could hardly get in it in gear and when i stoped it died from being in gear
Old 11-27-2008, 02:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by phqophracing
it the junk slave again i think checked the fluid and its all drained out havent had a chance to look under the car to see where it leaked from but i'm guessing the slave the pedal went to the floor and could hardly get in it in gear and when i stoped it died from being in gear
ah yes thats bad, that means when u step on the pedal the throw out bearing isn't pushing the fingers enough to fully disengage the clutch, if the fluid completely drain out of the slave, investigate what caused it(make sure the clutch line is in correctly, check to see if the bleeder screw is tightened) if both of these check out and the slave popped a seal, i'd bite the bullet and go ahead and buy a GM slave.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Teching In

yeah if the slave is bad im going to put a gm slave from an 02 in it and try and get the place where i got the ram slave to give me my money back had nothing but problems with all the tranny parts i have got from them
Old 11-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Launching!

best of luck
Old 11-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Teching In

i dont think its the slave i think its a line put some fluid in it and looked under to see where it was leaking pouring out as fast as you put it in not coming out from the bell housing though think it might be the line somewhere going to jack it up in a few to get a better look does anyone know if its all one line to the slave or is there a connection somewhere really hoping i dont have to pull the tranny again
Old 11-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Launching!

i'm pretty sure that the clutch fluid hose runs from the resivor, down to the clutch peadl, and finally down into the slave. unfortunately i think the only connection to the slave cylinder is right at the bell housing.