Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header install HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default header install HELP!

i just put the headers on but cant get the last bolt (passenger by firewall). clearance isnt the problem. its tight but manageable. but that bolt turns 10 turns fine but then doesnt want to move again. tried backing out and doing it again but same thing same spot. any suggestions?
Old 05-20-2010, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

odd, maybe try taking a bolt out from one of the other ones and trying it there???
Old 05-20-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try a different bolt and if that doesnt work use a thread chaser...may be some **** in there.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok yeah i tried a different bolt and it worked. but now i think i did a step wrong. i take it i was supposed to but the Y pipe on the headers before i tightened them down? i have the Y pipe fully on but i cant get it on the drivers side LT. Do i need to loosen the header or is there a trick to do it without loosening and retightening all the bolts
Old 05-21-2010, 08:14 AM
TECH Resident

Is the Y and the headers from the same manufacturer? If not, sometimes fitment can be a little bit of an issue. Wiggle that **** like a stripper's ***; sounds like you're almost there man.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by demonpixel
Is the Y and the headers from the same manufacturer? If not, sometimes fitment can be a little bit of an issue. Wiggle that **** like a stripper's ***; sounds like you're almost there man.
Yes I agree.

If you are having problems getting the y pipe on loosening the header does help with fitment.

I have ebay lts and pacesetter ory and fitment SUCKS. Had to loosen both headers to get it to fit right
Old 05-21-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by demonpixel
Yeah i finally got it in there. I had to take off the bracket holding the catback to get more clearance and loosen the driver side header. Fits like a glove now! took about a day to complete with my friend helping me get headers on! but now i can say I INSTALLED THEM. makes me feel good. until something goes wrong ha ha
Old 05-23-2010, 12:52 AM
TECH Resident

NICE man, congrats! After a few days double check your header bolt tightness...they have a tendency to loosen sometimes after a new install.