an insult to the TA
Old 03-22-2004, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But at least it is from the LT1...hehe.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:45 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Yup those are T/A taillights. The vehicle itself is a GMC.

--VIP1
Old 03-22-2004, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

So who is going to be the first with the Weinermobile center filler panel?
Old 03-22-2004, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the headlights are from the mid 90's grand prix too
Old 03-22-2004, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

You said it was in PA, Why The HELL is one sign in spanish??? Whats becoming of the great U.S.A
Old 03-23-2004, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mbrZ28
You said it was in PA, Why The HELL is one sign in spanish??? Whats becoming of the great U.S.A
Ah, see that question I can explain..... I didn't have a camera when I saw it so I just surfed for a pic. But I was in PA when I saw it..
Old 03-23-2004, 08:00 PM
STF Veteran

What the HELL is wrong with one being in Spanish, huh???
The great U.S.A. wouldn't be great without the diversity of the different cultures.
Besides, I've been told by all my girlfriends that mexicans have the best tasting weiners!
Old 03-23-2004, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Your girlfriend sounds like a *****
Old 03-23-2004, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats kinda f'ed up....
why would you say that about someones girlfreind....
how'd you feel if someone said that bout your wife/girlfriend....
Old 03-23-2004, 08:13 PM
STF Veteran

Your girlfriend sounds like a *****
See, there you go, getting all butt-hurt cause I made a funny comment at your dumb ****. I didn't get all personal with you. Just made a funny. Smoke a bowl, man. Have a f'n coke and a smile.

It's not like it was YOUR girl who said that.... I haven't gotten around to her yet.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Just To Clarify a few things I have NO problems with mexicans, french, or anyone else that speaks other languages than english. I just think its complete BS that we have to jump through circles, and bend over backwards to cater to their culture. If they want to live in America LEARN OUR DAMN LANGUAGE!! I cant even go to an ATM machine without having to select a language first - (WTF??). I have no prob with you I was just letting off some steam. Peace Out.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So would you deliver mail address in spanish? How about if we get some new 3849 forms in spanish for your customer notification. Or some 3971's for you to fill out in spanish.

How far is acceptable to go with the multiple languages?

Personally, living in florida, the spanish influence is getting out of hand, teachers are being put in situations where they get students who speak No english, grades 3, 4, 5, ect. Is that right too?

Ryan
Ryan.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:51 PM
STF Veteran

Just To Clarify a few things I have NO problems with mexicans, french, or anyone else that speaks other languages than english. I just think its complete BS that we have to jump through circles, and bend over backwards to cater to their culture. If they want to live in America LEARN OUR DAMN LANGUAGE!! I cant even go to an ATM machine without having to select a language first - (WTF??). I have no prob with you I was just letting off some steam. Peace Out.
Cool. Same goes here. I actually agree with your viewpoint. I am mexican, and learned both languages. I think that part of the reason that the catering occurs more often now, is that the hispanic culture has now become the largest minority in the U.S. Businesses are just trying to capitalize on this.

Originally Posted by slow
So would you deliver mail address in spanish? How about if we get some new 3849 forms in spanish for your customer notification. Or some 3971's for you to fill out in spanish
Hey, been there and still doing that. I live in El Paso, TX. It's a big border city. As far as the teachers are concerned, I sympathize with the teachers in that situation. But what can you do? Turn away kids that have been brought to this country by their parents in search of the American Dream? I plan on teaching as soon as I get my degree in eduction. A good teacher who genuinely cares about their profession would do the right thing and teach. It's not either of their faults, but maybe the situation could benefit both parties. Here in El Paso, it's almost and unwritten rule that you need to be bilingual to teach. Not all schools is it a must, but in the more "underprivilaged" areas of the city it's almost a must. But every citizen IS guaranteed the right to an education. That's what makes this country truley GREAT.

What sucks about teachers is that they are underpaid for the service that they provide. That's why it's hard to keep those that are valuable around. Some cities/ towns offer incentives to bilingual teachers because they are in such a demand. But then again, that shouldn't be the only requirement. I think if maybe a more common ground like bigger pay with a frequent proficiency test for the teachers (like medical professionals have to take every so often) were required, we would not only get better teachers, but better quality students being produced.

mbrZ28 and slow, thanks for letting ME let off some steam. Peace.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree.
i dont like it when these pisa's ask me **** in spanish and act stupid when i dont understand. one actually said, "but you look like you speak spanish"
so i looked at the floor and then back at him and said, "but this looks like america, pendejo"
his friend laughed at him and they left.
he muttered something in spanish about me being so mexican that i still have a piece of cactus stuck in my head or something. i didnt get it. mexican humor?

english, with its diversity of rules is enough of a ***** (or maybe bastard?) to represent america. latin, greek, french, spanish, anglo-saxon and some arabic influences to name a few.. they should learn english, i mean they are both romance languages, its not that hard! its the least they could do to relieve some inconvenience from those they intrude on.

and this goes for any damn race.
coming over here and then waving your flag and speaking your language and talking about (whereever youre from) pride. how about some american pride? learn to unite and progress, already. damn racists. the importance of the ingredients is only important because of the end result. americans. not african- hispanic- european- americans. just americans. move on!

im rambling again, arent i?
cant help it sometimes
Old 03-23-2004, 11:47 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by Stone0fFire
the importance of the ingredients is only important because of the end result. americans. not african- hispanic- european- americans. just americans. move on!
That's what I'm saying! I got pride that I'm mexican and all, but this is the U.S. Americans. Period.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

I definately missed how weinermobile became racial pride. Eh its cool..... not much more could've been said on topic anyway. The whole language barrier thing is interesting though. Europe probobly handles it best (hows that for a generalization?). But most people in Europe are bi or tri lingual from my experience. If not completely fluent they are at least proficient. Switzerland you have swiss-german (not legit language but a complicated dialect), "high" german and french depending on where you are. On top of that, many of them know basic english for the tourists. I think the US can eventually get to that point if we start emphasizing foreign language classes at the elementary level on up. Just my .2
Old 03-24-2004, 04:56 PM
11 Second Club

in all my travels...

15 countries
this is the only one that thinks one language is stone and if you dont speak it you dont belong....
thats us....

oh well there was **** germany back in the day but they have loosened up a bit....

for f's sake guys...
there is NO SUCH THING AS A LANGUAGE CALLED AMERICAN!!!!!!
most of you speak ENGLISH...
2 guesses where that came from....
america is not the answer....(incase you thought it was )
it is a borrowed lauguage
just like most everything in this great land it is a blend of things brought here....
if the natives had thought like you guys they would have slaughtered the pilgrims back then and america would still be native american land....

and ANYONE who would insult someone just cause he didn't know YOUR language...
you are a sad person ... no better then most the french that do that to us there...

my first language was spanish...
but like most i learned english...
i spent 5years in the Marines , defending this land i love.... to keep it free .. for everyone.... even ppl that dont speak great britains language....

please... think b4 you **** all over the graves of my fallen brothers....
who died for the very same reason...

have a nice day
Old 03-24-2004, 05:03 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

I just drove next to a Wienermobile on the Turnpike the other day. The thing looked pretty aerodynamic at speed!!!