New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f-1a procharger from ls2 to ls1???? will it work

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f-1a procharger from ls2 to ls1???? will it work

hey guys so im new to ls1tech and i been looking into this procharger guy has for his corvette he has ls2 and although the engines basically same except for internals such as bore from the ls1 im curious to kno if any1 knows if this is compatable with my 98 ls1 camaro, i kno piping and all would need fab work since 2 diff cars. but would procharger work on my car?? any input would be appreciated
Old 06-20-2012, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie98lsx
hey guys so im new to ls1tech and i been looking into this procharger guy has for his corvette he has ls2 and although the engines basically same except for internals such as bore from the ls1 im curious to kno if any1 knows if this is compatable with my 98 ls1 camaro, i kno piping and all would need fab work since 2 diff cars. but would procharger work on my car?? any input would be appreciated
lol um yes. the procharger is one of the most common superchargers to place on ANY gm ls based engine. the F1 procharger, D1,and the P1 are all compatible with any ls engine and even carbed small block chevy or efi engine. its not really an engine specific supercharger like a roots blower can sometimes be. its your normal centrifugal charger and will of course work. get a good tune and fuel system though or you will destroy your car, also keep in mind the stock internals on an ls1 block are only good to about 500rwhp, even at 500 your pushing it. contact bob at brutespeed hes on here and he will set you up with more information as he is the vendor for procharger on ls1tech
Old 06-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

On most setups the blower is the same like stated above! Only differences are piping and minor things. If its a good deal I say ****** it up.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You need to find out what direction the head unit (you have) spins. The F-body and the corvette (blower kit) spin different directions. I'm pretty sure the D-1 for my F- body spins counter clock wise and the the D-1 for the corvette spins clock wise. VERY IMPORTANT to mount the head unit in the correct rotation.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Probably need the bracket and re-pipe the intercooler and you would be there.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by conan
You need to find out what direction the head unit (you have) spins. The F-body and the corvette (blower kit) spin different directions. I'm pretty sure the D-1 for my F- body spins counter clock wise and the the D-1 for the corvette spins clock wise. VERY IMPORTANT to mount the head unit in the correct rotation.
I thought both head units were reverse rotation.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get the serial number. call procharger. ask for john. give him the serial number. it needs to be at the 10 oclock position and reverse rotation. other than that the p1-d1-and f1-a will all fit in the bracket. on a side note....... any serious boost, and avoidance of the belt issues associated with prochargers are typically solved with the addition of the aster bracket which can be found at brutespeed.com

Quick Reply: f-1a procharger from ls2 to ls1???? will it work