Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What next?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What next?

ok, well from the last thread i started, i figured outi needed a lid and a better catback to start as basic mods on my 99 T/A. So i got a whisper lid a holley power shot filter and an SLP loudmouth exhaust. what would be the best mod i can do at this point? i was thinking a cam, but i know of some heads i want to buy. i keep hearing that a new tc would be smart, but what if i manaully shift while racing anyway? dont want to do lt's yet cuz i havent even had my loudmouth on a week. any suggestions???
Old 04-23-2004, 01:47 AM
Launching!

Nitrous
Old 04-23-2004, 02:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd make sure you get long tube headers before you got a cam. Probably before heads also. If you have stock converter (I'm assuming you do) get a 3500 rpm + stall. I just put a TCI in mine and I'm loving it so far.
In short, converter will make the biggest difference. internal engine mods arent worth it w/o headers. or you could spray in as the nitrous guy said
Old 04-23-2004, 02:06 AM
TECH Addict

If you get headers, make sure you get a catted y-pipe. Because that Loudmouth is gonna suck with an ORY. I'm running basically the same setup and the RASP is horrible.

I'm removing my cutouts and replacing them with 3" carsound cats.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i dont really want to go with nitrous. and what exactly am i getting with a new TC?
Old 04-23-2004, 09:55 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by God of Thunder
what would be the best mod i can do at this point? i was thinking a cam, but i know of some heads i want to buy.
Make it breathe better first. So get some long tube headers and a y-pipe with no cats. The Loudmouth will be really loud and have some rasp, but just slap a bullit muffler in place of the Loudmouth "resonator" and the rasp is almost all gone. That is what I have, LT's, no-cats, and "Borla-mouth." I have a Borla XR1 in place of my Loudmouth's resonator.

i keep hearing that a new tc would be smart, but what if i manaully shift while racing anyway?
A torque converter will be a great mod, but don't shift your tranny yourself. You'll be having it rebuilt in now time, very bad for it.

dont want to do lt's yet cuz i havent even had my loudmouth on a week. any suggestions???
Then get the bullit muffler in place before you get LT's.

Here are some other mods you should also look into. Pulley, ported/polished throttle body, and LS6 intake.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Definatly go with the long tubes, and then ls6 intake... you'll need those before you look into a h/c. But before all of that i would get a stall, you'll feel the biggest difference with the stall.
Old 04-24-2004, 02:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what stall would be good for a daily driver that likes to kick ***?
Old 04-24-2004, 03:10 AM
10 Second Club

what stall would be good for a daily driver that likes to kick ***?
I've got 3500 in my DD and no real driveability issues. I drove my friends 3000 stall and I like mine better. I would say 3500+
Old 04-24-2004, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude, do NOT shift the A4 yourself. I did the same when I first drove my car until I read that it was the number 1 killer of trannys and looked into all the horror stories. And shifting yourself has nothing to do with what a torque converter does.