Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS-1 Diablo Sport Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS-1 Diablo Sport Tuner

Hi all, i had just ordered a Diablo Sport Tuner for my 2002 ws6 Firebird for the reason of my engine service light going on right after i had ported my throttle body because i would like to find out why it had gone on (the forums say it could be a number of things but most likely its the idle being higher then the computer is prgrammed for) and i would like to tune all the parts to my car. I just had a few newbie questions that hopefully all can be answered...

1) will the diablo actually tune my car to all the parts that i have (slp lid, ported MAF without screen, slp smooth bellow, ported stock throttle body, SLP Loudmouth 2) along with getting rid of my service light??

2) how does this tuner work? I am familiar with the bama/sct tuner from americanmuscle.com when i owned a piece of **** 2004 gt mustang; when you ordered the tuner from them they would ask what you had on the car and send you the tuner with the 3 specific tunes ready to go, and if you changed any parts you would have to tell them so they can send you another tune; the diablo is nothing like this so i was just wondering if the tuner is just good to go right out of the box and has the all options to tune my car....

Thanks for any input!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You are better off with a mail order to fro m Frost search here on Tech and you'll see it. I have a diablo tuner I ONLY use it to scan codes...its waste of $ in my opinion
Old 07-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Teching In

i already ordered it. any upsides to it? and any answers to the questions i posted?
Old 07-22-2013, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes the diablo tuner will work. The only upside to my diablo is it can scan/clear codes without me driving it to an auto parts store. a mail order tune from frost will be just as good and most likely better and cost less money...
Old 07-22-2013, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

It will work, but they will have to send you a tune. A local tuner can use it, but many don't. They are very helpful in answering any question in the pcm/tuning section.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Teching In

who/what is frost? lol post a link ?
Old 07-22-2013, 03:08 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just search for "frost tune" on google.

Another note about using the Diablo to scan codes is that one would be much better off buying a general OBD scan tool so they can use it on all vehicles in their household rather than just their Camaro or Firebird.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by demonspeed
Just search for "frost tune" on google.

Another note about using the Diablo to scan codes is that one would be much better off buying a general OBD scan tool so they can use it on all vehicles in their household rather than just their Camaro or Firebird.
found "frost" Thanks all! but will the diablo erase the code? Thanks
Old 07-22-2013, 03:55 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, you can erase the code and other DTC history with the Diablo.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

I have used Diablo software to tune my cars for a while now. I had a 2002 z28 with most bolt ons, and stalled. I tuned it with the Diablo just fine, granted its not HPtuners or anything, but it gets the job done.

You can dial in your fuel trim, & adjust trans shift points, etc. Whats also cool about it, is you can download Diablosport software to your computer, & plug the tuner into your car & hook to laptop, & it can data log.

It can also read codes on 96 through I believe, 06-07 GM cars & trucks.

Like mentioned before, I have used this software for a while now, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :-)

Quick Reply: LS-1 Diablo Sport Tuner