Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Howdy

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Howdy

New member, just wanted to introduce myself. I, sadly, do not own an LS1, but have a lowly bottom-feeder of F-Body society Firebird V6 Haha, I'm in college right now, betting my degree will allow me to purchase a nice WS6 or new Vette (i hear the 06 Z06 is gonna kick ***...) in the future. I've checked these boards for a while, mainly looking at other people's sweet *** rides , and checking the classifieds if there is an LS1 in my budget range which is about $5K..
Old 05-10-2004, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Gald to see another F-Body. Welcome
Old 05-10-2004, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what's up, welcome to the board. Like the screan name.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cerberus
New member, just wanted to introduce myself. I, sadly, do not own an LS1, but have a lowly bottom-feeder of F-Body society Firebird V6 Haha, I'm in college right now, betting my degree will allow me to purchase a nice WS6 or new Vette (i hear the 06 Z06 is gonna kick ***...) in the future. I've checked these boards for a while, mainly looking at other people's sweet *** rides , and checking the classifieds if there is an LS1 in my budget range which is about $5K..
Lol. Welcome to the board. I too am looking for an LS1 in my sorry price range 8)
Old 05-10-2004, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Yeah the closest I've come to an LS1 is my friend's 95 Formula. That thing sounds mean, and it runs pretty good (compared to my car anyway)......I can only imagine what it's like in an LS1/6/2 .....I'd settle for an LT1..
Old 05-11-2004, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Welcome!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome 2 da tech... .look me up when u get ready 2 get a vette..I'll hook u up...
Old 05-12-2004, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome, welcome.... Don't take too much crap for being in that V6... a few mods, and you'll be running right up there w/ the big boys. Do all the basics, such as the lid, and filter and such, but then a nice fogger system, and you'll be right up there w/ the stock LS1 guys! And BELIEVE ME, a V6 FireChicken is 100,000% better a choice than all the rice you could eat. Cool car anyway, GL, and finish school!
Old 05-12-2004, 04:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Glad you can join us. Even though it's not a LS1 people are here to help you with you questions.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:45 AM
TECH Addict

...betting my degree will allow me to purchase a nice WS6 or new Vette
What's your major?
Old 05-12-2004, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

What's your major?
Information Systems Technology , haha, a nice cubicle job, but oh well it's pretty in-demand and they make nice $$$.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

Information Systems Technology , haha, a nice cubicle job, but oh well it's pretty in-demand and they make nice $$$.
I had a feeling you were going to say that.
Do yourself a favor and google for "offshoring".
Have any interest in law or medicine?
Old 05-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Launching!

If you really want speed right now, there is nothing wrong with an LT1. With a few mods they can be just as fast as an LS1. I'm sure you could find one for around $5000. If you have a 3.8 V6 there are lots of possibilites with those too. It dosen't take a whole lotta work to get them into the 14's. Or you could just save your money for that Z06 Vette....... Welcome to our ranks regardless.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Do yourself a favor and google for "offshoring".
I had an idea about the whole cheaper labor/foreign country work. But it doesn't really apply to Federal jobs, which is who I intern for now.....(does it?) They are pretty low-staffed, so I'm sure I could get a permanent job. Haha, either way, my girlfriend makes enough $$ for both of us The money I make will be for my toys...heh....
Old 05-12-2004, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had an idea about the whole cheaper labor/foreign country work. But it doesn't really apply to Federal jobs, which is who I intern for now.....(does it?) They are pretty low-staffed, so I'm sure I could get a permanent job. Haha, either way, my girlfriend makes enough $$ for both of us The money I make will be for my toys...heh....
Save up and get something you really want. LS1 vette's are going for less $20,000 everywhere. " my girlfriend makes enough for both of us " ... that will change after the wedding. The money you make will be for toys You sound like me 2 years ago.lol. SPEND before it's too late. JMO
Old 05-12-2004, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Save up and get something you really want. LS1 vette's are going for less $20,000 everywhere. " my girlfriend makes enough for both of us " ... that will change after the wedding. The money you make will be for toys You sound like me 2 years ago.lol. SPEND before it's too late. JMO
Hahaha, damnit, I had so much hope! Way to burst someone's bubble! Sonofa....Yeah I plan to spend, when I get the $$.....no worries, I will spend....Haha, I read all these ads about guys selling their cars due to kids/marriage/etc,.....I make it my mission to never do that. Girlfriend/wife or not. I'll make sure to have my car before I have the woman(In case it doesn't work out). I have time anyway, not even 20 years old yet. Heh.