New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls tach , speedo , etc wiring. (Help)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls tach , speedo , etc wiring. (Help)

I'm fairly new to the wiring aspect of ls engines . I've dissected my harness & im ready to begin soldering my wires & everything. But I'm stumped at the moment with finding the wires for my tach , speedo, oil pressure & other wires needed for an aftermarket digital display . Can anyone lend me some advice ???
Old 12-30-2016, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

did u use Lt1swap info? If not lots of info on his site. More info about vehicle and gauges would get u more help.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:13 PM
Teching In

I used the schematics on lt1swap but it didn't clearly point them out to me . I've went back over the paper like a million times but still haven't found a clear answer . The engine is a dbw lq4 from a sierra 2500 . Don't really know the exact year of the truck but I'm guessing it's 03+ .
Old 12-30-2016, 07:33 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by CURP
I used the schematics on lt1swap but it didn't clearly point them out to me . I've went back over the paper like a million times but still haven't found a clear answer . The engine is a dbw lq4 from a sierra 2500 . Don't really know the exact year of the truck but I'm guessing it's 03+ .
I'm not sure how it didn't clearly point them out, when it says things like:
10 WHT 121 Engine Speed (Tach) Output Signal
50 DK GRN/WHT 817 Vehicle Speed Output

For water and oil gauges, you're better off getting probes to match the voltage range of the gauge. Not too many people have luck tapping into the stock sensors.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Ohhhhhhh I have those laying to the side bunched up because they were highlighted in blue . I didn't use common sense I thought it would directly name it , my bad . & could you explain the probing part for me ?
Old 12-30-2016, 08:29 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Ignored the blue ones?

At the top, highlighted in blue, it says:
BLOCKS HIGHLIGHTED LIKE THIS, ARE WIRES THAT ARE NEEDED, AND GO TO EXTERNAL CONNECTION FOR STAND ALONE

When I said probes, I meant sensors. You'll be better off getting the oil/water pressure/temp sensors that go with your gauges than trying to make the gauges work with the factory sensors.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Noooo I haven't plugged them back into the pcm yet . I'm mocking up my wires and didn't want to lose them in the process since they didn't belong to a plug . & ok so instead of plugging the wires back into the pcm I run my wires for my gauges directly to them ?
Old 12-31-2016, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

use the senders that are required for gauges u have. most sets come with them. Whats this all in for project? Some electrical can be tied into vehicle if it has some of whats needed.

Quick Reply: Ls tach , speedo , etc wiring. (Help)