Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking another newbie!

Just thought I would drop a few lines and introduce my self.

My name is Amber, I am almost 23 and live in NW Arkansas.

I drive a 2002 Sebring Silver z28. I have a tranny work done, and no other major mods at the moment. Right now due to an unfortunate accident, the car is in "jail" (the body shop) but shall be back in my driveway in no time.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Welcome aboard!!
Old 07-20-2004, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

thanks!
Old 07-20-2004, 04:27 PM
TECH Resident

Welcome to the board!! You'll find more info here than you would ever imagine!
Old 07-20-2004, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MJSLude99
Welcome to the board!! You'll find more info here than you would ever imagine!
Yes sir, that is true
Old 07-20-2004, 04:39 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

:welcome:

heed the sig and stickies are your friend , im not a bad guy as some people would have you believe
Old 07-20-2004, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jrp
:welcome:

heed the sig and stickies are your friend , im not a bad guy as some people would have you believe
welp havent heard anything bad yet .... so dont worry
Old 07-20-2004, 04:51 PM
TECH Resident

I've only been part of the board since April, but JRP is a great knowledgable guy as far as i'm concerned. He is the "search ****" though.

Last edited by MJSLude99; 07-20-2004 at 04:52 PM. Reason: slight wording change
Old 07-20-2004, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

welcome! jrp is really a cool guy. just search first and his search nazism won be a concern hope you enjoy it here
Old 07-20-2004, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the heads up!

I am one that asks questions and some some searching before I consider putting something on my car .... grew up in a garage with a mechanic as a father so well .... was given I would have a thing for cars!

thanks for the welcome - I hope I enjoy the place too!
Old 07-20-2004, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Welcome! You will enjoy this board very much, all these people are very cool and have a wealth of information. NW arkansas? Have you got a local members group there? If not try the tulsa firebird and camaro club. of even cofba out of the oklahoma city metro, it's good to have you on this board enjoy yourself
Old 07-20-2004, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zombie1
Welcome! You will enjoy this board very much, all these people are very cool and have a wealth of information. NW arkansas? Have you got a local members group there? If not try the tulsa firebird and camaro club. of even cofba out of the oklahoma city metro, it's good to have you on this board enjoy yourself
Yep - NWA ... born and raised in Cali and some how made it to Arkansas

I am very active over on the TFCC board and semi active on the COFBA board - same screen name ....... There is a local group around here but I am not a member of the "group" anymore

thanks for the welcome and looks like a great site!
Old 07-20-2004, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome,im pretty new here too,i just never introduced myself.there are alot of knowledgable people on here,and JRP is one of em.the things in his sig have answered about a hundred questions i would have asked. and his sense of humor is hilarious!

i hope you get your car back soon and good luck with mods.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:16 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by silver02ls1
... born and raised in Cali and some how made it to Arkansas
where about in cali did you grow up. i dont think i could ever leave cali for arkansas.

also what tranny is your car and how bad was the accident damage?
Old 07-20-2004, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

Welcome to the board. Good to see another chick around here. Hey jrp, could you design a little smiley that looks like Hitler but is saying search in German? Just a thought....
Old 07-20-2004, 05:25 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by 16nrollininaws6
Welcome to the board. Good to see another chick around here. Hey jrp, could you design a little smiley that looks like Hitler but is saying search in German? Just a thought....
Old 07-20-2004, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jrp
where about in cali did you grow up. i dont think i could ever leave cali for arkansas.

also what tranny is your car and how bad was the accident damage?
It wasnt my choice to leave CA to come to AR ... I was too "young" at the time to stay back there alone ..... but I grew up in Southern CA .... lived in Palmdale before leaving CA .... grew up down at Santa Monica, Venice, BH, Hollywood and down in San Franando Valley (i.e. Reseda, Northridge, etc.) I go back at least once a year. All my parents other then my parents are out in Cali still. Well besides my bro that is in the Army

On the tranny -- I have the stock A4 Tranny with some work done to it, by a guy in Cali - cant remember his name but he is in Camarillo. He did the tranny in my sisters Vette so I brought him my car to do last April.

The accident wasnt too bad. Just have to basically cosmetic BS, but it is costing out my ***. Plus dealing with Insurance people has been a bitch and I have been with out my car since November. I shall have it back in it's rightful home in NO TIME! I broke my hand in the accident and smacked me head on the ttops, hurt my back a bit and got some nice whip lash. Also hurt my ankle a bit, for the most part I am healed. I have occasional pain in my hand where I broke it but that is usual!
Old 07-20-2004, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

I hated JRP at first but then i just realized that seeing the same thing over and over is annoying. However he did help me a lot with several questions. Thanks!!! A girl has joined anyone want to guess at the pages this post will be?

OH, and welcome to the site

Last edited by Tiger2o69; 07-20-2004 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tiger2o69
I hated JRP at first but then i just realized that seeing the same thing over and over is annoying. However he did help me a lot with several questions. Thanks!!! A girl has joined anyone want to guess at the pages this post will be?

OH, and welcome to the site
aww I dont place judgements on people until given a reason too .... I am nice and too nice at times to people!

Thanks again for the welcome!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:50 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by silver02ls1
It wasnt my choice to leave CA to come to AR ... I was too "young" at the time to stay back there alone ..... but I grew up in Southern CA .... lived in Palmdale before leaving CA .... grew up down at Santa Monica, Venice, BH, Hollywood and down in San Franando Valley (i.e. Reseda, Northridge, etc.) I go back at least once a year. All my parents other then my parents are out in Cali still. Well besides my bro that is in the Army

On the tranny -- I have the stock A4 Tranny with some work done to it, by a guy in Cali - cant remember his name but he is in Camarillo. He did the tranny in my sisters Vette so I brought him my car to do last April.

The accident wasnt too bad. Just have to basically cosmetic BS, but it is costing out my ***. Plus dealing with Insurance people has been a bitch and I have been with out my car since November. I shall have it back in it's rightful home in NO TIME! I broke my hand in the accident and smacked me head on the ttops, hurt my back a bit and got some nice whip lash. Also hurt my ankle a bit, for the most part I am healed. I have occasional pain in my hand where I broke it but that is usual!
i know a little something about that myself . but like you my cars almost done .

whats been done to the tranny, you still on the stock stall? got a shiftkit?

glad your feeling better, i fractured my wrist in a car accident in april, nothing like being stupid in the rain