Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Lights issue under WOT

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake Lights issue under WOT

Ok this is a very strange thing as far as i know. While under load and a hard shift during and after the shift my brake lights will stay illuminated for multiple seconds. (no my foot is not on the brakes either) Buddies noticed this before me, obviously since i cant see my own taillights. I am 100% sure my foot is not on the brake pedal. To make sure it was not me, Ive witness them light up while letting my buddies drive it, who also are sure they are not hitting the brakes. To make clear again, this is not just a flicker of the brake light where the pedal may be touched under a hard shift. The lights stay lit up for a few seconds. So possibly could this be a wiring issue or something? Maybe someone else has had this occurance. Any input would be helpful as long as you dont tell me my foot and my buddies feet are on the brake pedal.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is wierd ive never heard of this problem...sorry ill be no help..are you sure ur brake isn't sticking downen..or ur brake is so loose when u jam the clutch to the floor to shift..the vibrations..make the brake slip down a milimetter..and slowly go back to the right position..thats the only thign i can think of..if the brake isn't tight..and its loose as a goose.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my lights used to blink on the hard shift too. no clue why. now i dont beat on my car and dont shift hard so i dont know if it still happens
Old 01-28-2005, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well as far as i know the brakes do not engage b/c i certainly do not feel the car stop pulling. Any about the lights blinking, they dont blink so much as they stay on for a few seconds. I dunno, doesnt really affect anything except looks goofy...
Old 01-28-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Perhaps you have a sticky brake switch under the dash, the gforces might cause it to go on and off. That would be my first place to check out
J
Old 01-29-2005, 12:03 AM
12 Second Club

my 00z28 has done the same, only at wot, ive made many 108-114mph passes and many people are telling me my lights are on, i am positive my foot isnt on the brke as well
Old 01-29-2005, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SmokingWS6
Perhaps you have a sticky brake switch under the dash, the gforces might cause it to go on and off. That would be my first place to check out
J
Is this switch just located down by the pedal arm? If not where is it? Sounds like a good chance of being the problem.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yes, there's actually two switches. Test each individually to see which one lights up the taillights and see if it seems to be sticking. If its not the switch then I'm clueless.