Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Water on the floor!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 11:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HELP! Water on the floor!!

Ok this is the deal. We had a lot of rain yesterday in Pensacola, Fl and my car does ok in the rain but this is the first time i had noticed this. I have a 98 TA with T-Tops. The floor on my passanger side what soaked right by the door and were the feet are, i mean like a little puddle. and my friend side the same thing happend on his vette there was a seal between the weather stripping and the "frame"(you know the top and the window piller) if anyone knows anything please help me out i bought the car not to long ago.
thanks a lot--Andrew
Old 04-07-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dam, this must be a commen place for ls1 t-tops because I noticed this happend to me the other weekend in the exact same place, last year it was wet behind the passenger seat. And it must have been wet for a few weeks, because for one, it hasn't rained here hard for about 3 weeks and the carpet was building up what looked like black mold -about 5 black spots. Im sure gm could have fixed the leaks with the t-tops but seeing as to how they already were going to end the f-body production they seen no reason to fix the problem. I see you also have a 98 as I do. The t-tops leaking is one thing to expect from a t-top car. I expected this even before I bought my car, even though the owner said they didn't leak. My brothers 3rd gen t-top camaro leaked too. Just get a car cover or replace the door seals.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

yeah my 3rd gen did it too but still its a newer car so i thought it would not do it for at least awhile you know. If i fing anything out ill let you know thought. anyone else know?
Old 04-08-2005, 07:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TransLS1
Ok this is the deal. We had a lot of rain yesterday in Pensacola, Fl and my car does ok in the rain but this is the first time i had noticed this. I have a 98 TA with T-Tops. The floor on my passanger side what soaked right by the door and were the feet are, i mean like a little puddle. and my friend side the same thing happend on his vette there was a seal between the weather stripping and the "frame"(you know the top and the window piller) if anyone knows anything please help me out i bought the car not to long ago.
thanks a lot--Andrew

When you say on the passanger side, where "the feet" are... is this in the back or the front?

If it is the front, it could be the grommet in the firewall. I installed the SLP fan switch and it rained the next day. My front passanger floor mat had a puddle on it. I went back into the engine bay and the grommet wasn't in the hole that well. I put it back and put some electrical tape around it to make sure nothing could get in there. It has rained a lot after that and I have not had any puddles as of late.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

i've noticed on my car that the area where the t-top weatherstrip and the window weatherstrip meet can sometimes get 'misaligned' when putting the t-tops back on. i've never had a leak, but it could be something really simple like that.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

get subframe connectors. the same exact thing happened to me. after SFC install, not a drop since. In my mind, it is the best $170 you can spend.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hope this helps.

Old 04-08-2005, 11:40 PM
12 Second Club

thanks a lot man. that helps.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

i have a 99 and i get leaks on the driver side slightly in front of my left shoulder...drips on my thigh...and a leak on the passenger side towards the rear of the window...went through a touchless car wash and was seriously dissapointed...