Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back to stock for trade-in?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Back to stock for trade-in?

I am de-modding my car for a trade-in (the WS6) and I was wondering if it's even worth buying a stock cat-back (WS6 or SS) to put back on the car or if I should just trade it with the borla on the car. The FLPs are coming off for sure.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

What are you trading for? That's why I took it easy with my mods (no headers, mild cam)- I didn't want to scare away potential buyers. Wouldn't you do better just to sell it out right?
Old 04-11-2005, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

I would be better to sell it outright but it's a PIA to sell it to someone, and I just want to get rid of it ASAP. I'm going to get an 03 Accord (daily driver) b/c my T/A has been breaking down a lot recently and I HAVE to have a working, reliable car. No one even wanted to offer 16k for it, which I can likely get in a trade-in (stock) and then I save money on the tax difference (I would only pay on say 7-8k instead of 23k). I would then have to get about 17.5 for it to be worth it to me to sell to a private person.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you trade it in with the borla, they will probably take it off anyway. Sell it in for sale section. Sell for exchange of stock plus cash. Easy sell. Easy money
Old 04-12-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Breaking down alot?? Your car is almost new! I dont get it??
Old 04-12-2005, 12:59 AM
Teching In

I trade you + cash. I live in Peru, IL. Tom
Old 04-12-2005, 07:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
Breaking down alot?? Your car is almost new! I dont get it??
3 trans rebuilds in 3 months. I can't deal with that.

How far is Peru from St. Louis?
Old 04-13-2005, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

I think I'm just going to leave the borla on. It looks like it's going to be a pain to get a WS6/SS stocker. I could easily put on a regular stock exhaust-I wonder if the dealer would even notice??? (honda dealer obviously)
Old 04-13-2005, 08:26 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I saved ALL of my stock stuff (even the brakes ). It's all going back to stock Friday except my 3.42s and Torsen (kinda broke the stock one ). I think it'll be easier to sell all stock, plus, I've got less than 30k miles, so that'll help too.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rdavis93
I think I'm just going to leave the borla on. It looks like it's going to be a pain to get a WS6/SS stocker. I could easily put on a regular stock exhaust-I wonder if the dealer would even notice??? (honda dealer obviously)
Hope your happy with the Honda, seems to me you should be bitchin at the trans guy/rebuilder
Old 04-13-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem seems to be the stall verter!! Not the car!!
Old 04-13-2005, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Yep-the stall killed it for sure at least once. The first time the 3-4 clutch and 2-4 band burnt out (6 mo after stall install and tune from Speed Inc). 2nd time the converter dumped its clutch and clogged up everything. 3rd time remaining clutch material (prolly stuff that was in the cooler) clogged up a solenoid and the planetary gears fused. The trans has been rebuilt the last 2 times under the warranty from the guy that did it. It's actually getting a new trans and converter b/c the old one is destroyed now. This is all within 3 months. Over the last 1 month, I've driven the car about 150 miles.

I've had other problems with the car recently though, and these trans problems have been the last straw-bad cat, 2 turn signal problems. I really need something that is more reliable, I have had this car get fixed more in the last year than I've driven it. I suppose that it's possible that I'll just get it back to just the borla and drive it for awhile, but I'm really fed up with the car and don't feel like I can trust in anymore.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey man things happen all the time no matter what kind of car you drive. i have had 3 hondas in the last 5 years and each one of them have had problems that cost money and time i didnt have. one major point i must stress is that by trading in your ws6 and picking up an accord you will be sacrificing almost all of the fun-factor of a daily driver. and that will eat at you later down the road. but thats just my opinion for what its worth.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

Yeah-I know that the car wouldn't be as fun to drive, but it would have a warranty (although the honda dealer is about 1 hr away from me). My car hasn't been fun at all so I wouldn't really miss it at this point. I will still have the Z28 though.

Maybe once the stock verter and trans get put back in and the headers come off, I'll just drive the car for a couple more months. These cars seem to devalue very quickly though. The good thing is that I only drive about 100 miles/week.